Has Gilbert reinsured his foot?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Has Gilbert re-injured his foot?

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

For starters Larkin would never had seen the injury so Im guessing the doctors who have seen the injury have him covered. Secondly we arent sure if its even the same injury and even if it how do you from your couch know it was because he came back to early. And if he came back to early why did it take 3 weeks to break again. These things can just happen. My point is you dont have a clue because i take it you arent a doctor and havent treated Gilbert. At least Larkins is a doctor. The problem is he has no knowledge of the injury.

And I do agree you are guessing. I do like some of your comments though. very funny. Telling me about my training or lack of it but you are in exactly the same position. The difference is I am trusting the people treating him. You are completely guessing. You do remember the Rooy staement dont you?

Ok first you tell me Im making it all up.
Then I say I have a source so you then say my source is crap.
Thirdly we dont know what Doctors he saw and who said what - There is no evidence that someone who would know (an ortho speciality) gave him a green light - a regular club dr wouldnt have a clue.
Fourth - these are well know injuries with well known recover times - and suddenly he thought he could halve it?
When did i once mention you and your lack of training - i never mentioned you at all. You made that up you little c**k sucker.

As for Rooey - well you are very stupid bringing that up - because Its probably obvious has been getting some serious cutting edge treatment on that. And once again - brining it up just shows what s*** and naive bloke you are.

Add to that - Ive had the exact same injury as gilbo -twice- - so Im not completely guessing.

So Im saying this - there is a certain time for certain injuries that is a standard.
Why did he suddenly halve the standard? I know plenty of Drs and none of them believe in miracle cures or people 'healing' twice as fast as everyone else. Its clearly crap and the proof is in the pudding. We know for a fact it is re-injured and therefore we know for a fact they made a mistake. Its not disputable - even if you try your usual tactic of playing the man.

Firstly I never said you were making it up so clearly you are making that up. Secondly you quoted a source who has never seen the injury. You do get that dont you? There is no eveidence he didnt get the all clear. Common sense suggests he did get the all clear though. Yep the those injuries have certain recovery times and again I reckon his surgeon would know them better than anyone on here. Little c**k sucker. Yep you are very good Con.

And lastly this is where you mentioned my lack of training.

Unless you are specifically trained in orthos then you probably have nfi how to read a scan

Your memory is going on you. You only psoted that 10 minutes ago. Con you are so funny.

Yep you are right about Rooy. he has had cutting edge treamant but it was you who said he was gone. However unlike what you said and thought there was cutting edge treatment. You went early again Con without knowledge.

I never played the man. I simply want to know how you from the outside would have any idea. And you had exactly the same injury as Gilbert. What was that exact injury Con. I think you are a little upset the played round one. Remember you said he wouldnt?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Has Gilbert reinsured his foot?

I was worried he came back to early, just like Lenny last year... hopefully this injury isn't related to his recent one.

We seem to be getting a lot of extended injuries to our older players over the past couple of years.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Is it re-injured

If so, it seems he came back too early?!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

the Insurance worked

- sort of
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-04-0 ... ury-update
Scans on Sam Gilbert's foot have revealed no new structural damage to the previous injury experienced in the pre-season. He has suffered severe bruising and soreness to his foot but will not require additional surgery.

Sam will need a period of rest and rehabilitation from this aggravation of his foot injury and at this stage, is anticipated to miss 4-6 weeks.

"While we were disappointed to have Sam aggravate his foot injury on the weekend, we are pleased that no new structural damage has been caused and look forward to his return soon," said St Kilda Head of Football Chris Pelchen.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
dragit
Saintsational Legend

severe bruising and soreness - how did that happen?

Lets get him running for a couple of weeks next time before he plays a match.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

So the same 4-6 weeks that he actually required when he resumed playing in rd1 (probably on pain-killing injections).

Oh - well coulda been worse but they do have a metal pin it - which is why they probably figure he cant do any structural damage and he could just play and hope for the best on the pain/swelling.

I'm not quite sure what the point was - maybe they figured the first 2 games were the most important of the year which is probably fair enough in many ways.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:No great loss. We should haver traded him two years ago.
It is the same foot and I hope he can recover quickly, but clearly he has not been exactly honest with the medical staff.

no great loss???????????...don't think the coach would agree with you.....your second comment is beneath contempt......but i'm not surprised.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:So the same 4-6 weeks that he actually required when he resumed playing in rd1 (probably on pain-killing injections).

Oh - well coulda been worse but they do have a metal pin it - which is why they probably figure he cant do any structural damage and he could just play and hope for the best on the pain/swelling.

I'm not quite sure what the point was - maybe they figured the first 2 games were the most important of the year which is probably fair enough in many ways.
Podiatrist? :D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:So the same 4-6 weeks that he actually required when he resumed playing in rd1 (probably on pain-killing injections).

Or maybe the surgeon and doctor hgave him the all clear.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Looks like a poor call in hindsight

Bone fracture need 6 weeks before they completely mend and can withstand pressure.....More if in an area of low blood supply
his foot may well have felt fine... But if not at full strength, matter of time until recurrence

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

S. Gilbert - foot - 2 weeks (ad nauseam).

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Looks like a poor call in hindsight

Bone fracture need 6 weeks before they completely mend and can withstand pressure.....More if in an area of low blood supply
his foot may well have felt fine... But if not at full strength, matter of time until recurrence

Did you and Con study at the same Uni? Our doctor and the surgeon are actually garbo's. Hopefully you both get to see jack before he plays this week.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

...poor show ..on the part of the doctors...not gilbert....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Stinger said :
Couldn't agree more. As I said earlier in this thread (previous page0, someone should have their bum kicked over this - bringing players back too early happens time after time, after time, and year after year - those with big egos will simply not learn from previous mistakes :!: :!: :!:

I feel sorry for Gilbo, as well as for the overall team.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Stinger said :
Couldn't agree more. As I said earlier in this thread (previous page0, someone should have their bum kicked over this - bringing players back too early happens time after time, after time, and year after year - those with big egos will simply not learn from previous mistakes :!: :!: :!:

I feel sorry for Gilbo, as well as for the overall team.

But how do you people all know this? Surely he was given the all clear from the doctor and surgeon. he would have had another Xray and whatever else they can do to try and make sure. And tis is based on players I know going through these types of things.

FQF
SS Life Member

I know it's fashionable to see mass conspiracies and monumental screw ups but I for one am happy to assume that the medical team acted properly and this is just an injury that could not have been expected.

But for those who like life to be a little bit more thrilling - by all means carry on with the second guessing.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Order order!!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

No-one outside the Club really knows Pluggs, but "bruising" is never a 4-6 weeks injury. That the injury occurred in the "first few minutes" is another strong indicator, that Gilbo wasn't right to start with - unless of course you completely believe in "unfortunate luck."

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:I know it's fashionable to see mass conspiracies and monumental screw ups but I for one am happy to assume that the medical team acted properly and this is just an injury that could not have been expected.

But for those who like life to be a little bit more thrilling - by all means carry on with the second guessing.

Foot operation on the 2nd of Feb and the club then said the following

But he is anticipated to re-commence training in approximately six weeks, with his availability for Round One of the AFL season still to be determined.”

Some experts on here says it takes six weeks to fix. he played after more than six weeks. Played in 7 and half weeks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:No-one outside the Club really knows Pluggs, but "bruising" is never a 4-6 weeks injury. That the injury occurred in the "first few minutes" is another strong indicator, that Gilbo wasn't right to start with - unless of course you completely believe in "unfortunate luck."

No idea but common sense says we have a good doctor and hopefully the club would use a good surgeon.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

No old mate I'm no doctor

But I know one very well, and she knows a thing or two about fractures

Also having some first hand experience
Having fractured
Spine, Cheek, Wrist, Leg & Ankle, hand, thumb and the most applicable here...Foot... And in every case it was from footy. I have also returned to soon, and suffered because of it?!

But anyway... In answer to your smartarse comment

Fractures of the foot in particular take time, given their loading!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:No old mate I'm no doctor

But I know one very well, and she knows a thing or two about fractures

Also having some first hand experience
Having fractured
Spine, Cheek, Wrist, Leg & Ankle, hand, thumb and the most applicable here...Foot... And in every case it was from footy. I have also returned to soon, and suffered because of it?!

But anyway... In answer to your smartarse comment

Fractures of the foot in particular take time, given their loading!

Yep you said 6 weeks. he played in just under 8. You have broken a lot BM. of course the foot is worse as we are talking about it. If it was the wrist that would be worse in your opinion. Is your wife a sports doctoe because i know a sports doctor very well and he said it would usually be left up to the surgeon to give the ok because they have more experience than even sports doctors.

How did you see my response. Cant help it. Its better than catching a great white.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:No-one outside the Club really knows Pluggs, but "bruising" is never a 4-6 weeks injury. That the injury occurred in the "first few minutes" is another strong indicator, that Gilbo wasn't right to start with - unless of course you completely believe in "unfortunate luck."
But plugger is 'inside' the club - so he would know!

Seriously if p66 is really as in the inner sanctum at the Saints as he makes out - then our club wont win a flag in the next 20 years because the quality of folk working there must be very poor.

Thankfully I'm fairly sure he is one of those blokes who hangs around footy clubs that the staff consider an eccentric oddity and are polite to and who then comes on here and makes out hes really 'in' on it all.

My suspicion is the surgeon said - look with a pin in there theres no way u can do any more damage - so you can play on it if you want - its just about how much pain and swelling you can put up with it - so then gilbo and the club thought ok f_ it - lets throw everything at winning these first games as they may well be the most important games we play and our best chance at winning all year- so some pain killers and anti-imfammatories and hes got through two weeks.

As its turned out (and noone could have predicted it back then) we would have won without him - and now there are 3 other clubs who look worse than us who we are playing shortly -

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Same old know alls pretending they know more about an injury than the club surgeon :roll:

Unbelievable arrogance

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
But plugger is 'inside' the club - so he would know!

Seriously if p66 is really as in the inner sanctum at the Saints as he makes out - then our club wont win a flag in the next 20 years because the quality of folk working there must be very poor.

Thankfully I'm fairly sure he is one of those blokes who hangs around footy clubs that the staff consider an eccentric oddity and are polite to and who then comes on here and makes out hes really 'in' on it all.

My suspicion is the surgeon said - look with a pin in there theres no way u can do any more damage - so you can play on it if you want - its just about how much pain and swelling you can put up with it - so then gilbo and the club thought ok f_ it - lets throw everything at winning these first games as they may well be the most important games we play and our best chance at winning all year- so some pain killers and anti-imfammatories and hes got through two weeks.

As its turned out (and noone could have predicted it back then) we would have won without him - and now there are 3 other clubs who look worse than us who we are playing shortly -

Con you are a liar. I have said many many times I am not an insider at the club. never ever said it. Only been inside the club on saints disco nights so dont talk crap Con. Please dont lie so someone jumps on your back and agrees with you and then you feel warm and fuzzy all over. the problem with that Con is you and most of us know you go early so carry a tisue. Your suspicion that the surgeon said that is simple a joke. Common sense and any sports doctor will tell you he is more than likely been given the ok by the doctor and surgeon.