CityWest IS a Saint

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintsationaltest

Re: CityWest IS a Saint

unstickied

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Principle of Q'uo wrote:nice question.
... i have 2 of those.

Please explain.
Warnings are a bit like the petrol vouchers you get at Safeway; they expire after a certain time.
I'm just wondering what happens outside of the "3 in a week" rule…
Can you have 2 warnings every week for a year? Or are there a certain amount in a year which also leads to consequence?

I'm not trying to push the boundaries here, just want us all to have a good understanding of the rules.
Rules currently are:

3 warnings in 1 week (based on time of the post NOT moderation) = ban

So yes can have 2 warnings and as long as there is 7 days and 1 minute from first post to 3rd post that receives a warning, a ban is avoided ... the first warning expires and holds no future consequence.

Exact same system as driving demerit points - just a different timeline.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
Rules currently are:

3 warnings in 1 week (based on time of the post NOT moderation) = ban

So yes can have 2 warnings and as long as there is 7 days and 1 minute from first post to 3rd post that receives a warning, a ban is avoided ... the first warning expires and holds no future consequence.

Exact same system as driving demerit points - just a different timeline.
So my profile shows 1 warning. It goes back to 12 December 2013 (ie almost 5 months ago)

Does it ever go away?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:I have a few questions about this topic but I will start with this one:

So BFUSA you claim the following:

multiple sign ins / aliases are not permitted however as far as i am aware CityWest only has one current sign in and posts under just that sign in

How are you so convinced, how do you satisfy yourself of this point?

The reason for my curiosity is you recently argued that a voting system similar to system we use for player voting could not work because of multiple sign ins /aliases.

It now seems you have a system to control the multiple sign ins /aliases.
We can only check if a person is using the same IP address to log in under different sign in names. That is our only available method of checking.

As stated numerous times that IP masking AND logging in from different IP addresses can occur easily ... especially for one off events like a vote.

However eventually someone who is active with multiple identities will slip up - e.g. they may have one identity connected to their home IP, another to their work IP and another to their mobile IP. We can see with each identity what IP they use ... when they use an alternative IP (sign in using an alternate name at that IP) we can pick this up.

We only check with those suspected of using multiple sign ins to cause "trouble".

There are posters that we highly suspect of using 2 sign ins.

But so far they use their computer IP for one identity and their mobile for another identity.

One day they will slip up.

The punishment for this is quite sever and MAY catually become MORE severe under rules being considered.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

BackFromUSA wrote:- I am saying he has been portrayed falsely as an Essendon supporter and I have established this as false
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Sainterman
Club Player

I may not post here too often but have been a member of this site for 10 years now. I remember the Nexus Nick days and the type of posts put up. Average would be an understatement.

How are you sure that CityWest is a St Kilda supporter? What proof did he provide you? Perhaps share?

Cannot believe this gets a thread. Part of the problem with the site these days. We seem to be losing the good posters and keep the bad ones!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:...
- I am not exonerating him from poor posts of the past
- I am saying (as with everyone) he will be moderated on his future posts
- I am saying he has been portrayed falsely as an Essendon supporter and I have established this as false
- I am saying that those that continue to taunt him as an Essendon supporter will receive a warning for baiting
All of which is both logical and fair. But I fear you will forever have to justify it to those who are neither and who only see the world in terms of their own views which almost always includes conspiracy theories. The same people seem to have unlimited time to prosecute their views in the hope that persistence will some how exhaust more reasonable proponents. I admire your patience.
Is this baiting?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I still don't know why anyone cares.
As long as there is no personal abuse then who gives a hoot. Cant you just put him on ignore anyway?
If there is a clear bait - then we just call him on that as it happens.

elizabethr
Club Player

:roll:

nothing to say
elizabethr
Club Player

:roll:

nothing to say
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

No problem with him

He posts about his POV on the club and it's issues

Doesn't ever get personal with me and just argues the point?

Gets bullied no end... In fact it's laughable how he gets shot down personally for no reason, other than his POV is harsh

Victim of SS gang mentality if they disapprove, you cannot have a voice

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:.. In fact it's laughable how he gets shot down personally for no reason, other than his POV is harsh

Well there are harsh opinions...and there is rubbish.
citywest wrote: He is by far the worst captain in the AFL. HE IS s***.
If somebody said something like that about you or someone you respect you would consider it baiting.

And surely you can't argue that you don't have a voice, or are not allowed an opinion.
9000+ posts suggests otherwise.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
BigMart wrote:.. In fact it's laughable how he gets shot down personally for no reason, other than his POV is harsh

Well there are harsh opinions...and there is rubbish.
citywest wrote: He is by far the worst captain in the AFL. HE IS s***.
If somebody said something like that about you or someone you respect you would consider it baiting.

And surely you can't argue that you don't have a voice, or are not allowed an opinion.
9000+ posts suggests otherwise.
Not baiting....It's out of the box or left field thinking.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Of course I disagree with that comment in that post.... Considering I believe Nick is Giant of our club...

Could be emotive, reactionary, venting? Or stupidity, a vendetta against Roo? Who knows

Or cares... It's his opinion?!

And I disagree with others he makes also... His baby out with the bath water stuff is silly too IMO but he's entitled, I'm entitled to disagree
But to not allow him to have an opinion and getting personal and attacking his motives on suspicion is typically SS

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Of course I disagree with that comment in that post.... Considering I believe Nick is Giant of our club...

Could be emotive, reactionary, venting? Or stupidity, a vendetta against Roo? Who knows

And I disagree with others he makes also... His baby out with the bath water stuff is silly too IMO but he's entitled, I'm entitled to disagree
But to not allow him to have an opinion and getting personal and attacking his motives on suspicion is typically SS
Right, so whatever lunatic fringe opinions he expresses are OK, but holding and expressing the opinion that he is an Essendon supporting troll is not OK. Both are opinions.

I couldn't care less who he supports, in my opinion he's a moron, but I love the fact that despite multiple nics, and a history of ludicrous posts, this lovechild gets protection from the forum police whilst everyone else gets warned in advance in expectation of them expressing an unacceptable opinion. Awesome.....

IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why do his opinions bother you... If in your mind they are ludicrous?

Why do you believe he supports Essendon... Has he stated that? Or is it a suspicion as I suggested?

Why can't you just debate him on his comments and if they are indeed ridiculous? It shouldn't be hard to prove a valid opposing Point?

Yes... He makes big calls
Is that what triggers such emotive backlashes?

Too sensitive IMO

I believe I get judged on whether my opinion is popular or liked... More than its validity (usually because it's critical)

Same, probably to a lesser degree than CW/NN?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
BigMart wrote:Of course I disagree with that comment in that post.... Considering I believe Nick is Giant of our club...

Right, so whatever lunatic fringe opinions he expresses are OK, but holding and expressing the opinion that he is an Essendon supporting troll is not OK. Both are opinions.

I couldn't care less who he supports, in my opinion he's a moron, but I love the fact that despite multiple nics, and a history of ludicrous posts, this lovechild gets protection from the forum police whilst everyone else gets warned in advance in expectation of them expressing an unacceptable opinion. Awesome.....
Like.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Why do his opinions bother you... If in your mind they are ludicrous?

Why do you believe he supports Essendon... Has he stated that? Or is it a suspicion as I suggested?

Why can't you just debate him on his comments and if they are indeed ridiculous? It shouldn't be hard to prove a valid opposing Point?

Yes... He makes big calls

Too sensitive IMO

I believe I get judged on whether my opinion is popular or liked... More than its validity (usually because it's critical)

Same, probably to a lesser degree than CW/NN?
His opinions don't other me, couldn't care less, what bothers me is that he has now been announced as a protected species, and anyone expressing their opinion about his motives will receive warnings !!! Why has CityWest been given this exalted status? Why aren't others free to call him out as a troll is if he posts rubbish declaring we should sack all our senior players?? If you posted the crap he does you would rightly be accused of trolling - would you go running to teacher and moan that all the other kids are being mean to you............?????????

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Why do his opinions bother you... If in your mind they are ludicrous?
In this age of lazy journalists, comments are often lifted from forums such as this and published as if they represent a clubs supporters. If I believe a post is absolute garbage then it is important to make it clear.
BigMart wrote:Why can't you just debate him on his comments and if they are indeed ridiculous? It shouldn't be hard to prove a valid opposing Point?
How does one debate "HE IS s***"? Pretty hard to debate it seriously.
BigMart wrote:Yes... He makes big calls
I don't believe the example to be a "big call", I think it is clearly baiting. If any poster makes a valid point it should possible to debate it reasonably. Unfortunately people remember the hysterical stuff.
BigMart wrote:I believe I get judged on whether my opinion is popular or liked... More than its validity (usually because it's critical)
Too sensitive IMO ??

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Just re-posting:

- I am not exonerating him from poor posts of the past
- I am saying (as with everyone) citywest will be moderated on his future posts
- I am saying he has been portrayed falsely as an Essendon supporter and I have established this as false
- I am saying that those that continue to taunt him as an Essendon supporter will receive a warning for baiting

maverick
Saintsational Legend

What's this got to with the saints, why is it in this forum?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

So , when you take a call from Redeemer ,
and he convinces you he doesnt keep gerbils
or Stinger , who convinces you he's not a cleaner
or HarryM who convinces you he's not Stinger
or JB convincing you he's never worn a mankini (green)
or Plugger convincing u he never boarded players
or Satchmo n Matrix convincing you they can play real guitars
we will have threads warning us we are tiptoeing on terminal taunting ?

Can we talk ?

(i never touched that goat)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Principle of Q'uo wrote:So , when you take a call from Redeemer ,
and he convinces you he doesnt keep gerbils

(i never touched that goat)
The gerbils are just for polite company and shredding paper. Thats it! Nothing further.... :shock:

citywest

I'll be the first to admit I have made some dumb posts over the years. I think most of us have. I'm not making excuses but perhaps over 10 years of bullying may have something to do with it. I used to post on SAINTMANIA which was probably the forerunner to SAINTSATIONAL and don't ever recall being smashed because I had a left field opinion.

defacto
Club Player