This is not a rumour, we are going to Trade pick 1 if......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: This is not a rumour, we are going to Trade pick 1 if...

4, 7 & 19 has been doing the rounds for weeks… but if Carlton give up 7, they will certainly be wanting 19 with Jaksch.

I can still imagine 4, 7 & a player happening though.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:4, 7 & 19 has been doing the rounds for weeks… but if Carlton give up 7, they will certainly be wanting 19 with Jaksch.

But they will get Griffin so how does it happen. Im suggesting its a made up rumour that CW wants to happen. Im rating it a 0 on substance.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:4, 7 & 19 has been doing the rounds for weeks… but if Carlton give up 7, they will certainly be wanting 19 with Jaksch.

But they will get Griffin so how does it happen. Im suggesting its a made up rumour that CW wants to happen. Im rating it a 0 on substance.
Yes it does need the Griffen trade to fall over, to be any chance.

Pretty sure that's what we were pushing for prior to the Griffen situation.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Citywest thinks he is Jaxons :lol:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I do think the Griffen situation could mean all bets are off.
It really has thrown everything off. No one can do anything until that is decided.
If gws have to use 4 and 7 on Griff then they may have to pass on Petracca.

Or we get Cameron and Gws get Petracca and Griffen :wink:

loris
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:Citywest thinks he is Jaxons :lol:
You may not be far off in that summation "LTN16"

In Perth there is this shopping centre called 'CityWest'........... it's an outlet where companies sell all their seconds or discontinued stock.

I was driving past CityWest yesterday arvo and here was a hording with the sign 'Jaxons'................ immediately I thought of S/S Jaxons.

'tho I didn't put the two together Citywest & Jaxons .............................. well done LTN16, you've ferreted them out :wink: One and the same eh?

ps. I think Jaxons in Perth maybe a construction company.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:4,7,19,22 would be very good imo.
Agreed. Though it's be no means foolproof. Here's some combos from over the years:

https://www.draftguru.com.au/search/picks/4+7+19+22

Judging from that we're unlikely to get more than 2 good players with those picks. Best combo is probably Scott Lucas, Tony Brown, Ben Holland, Winston Abraham. Worst is probably Livingston, Angwin, J Cloke and Hadley. Best recent combo is Hartlett, Rich, Strauss and Trengove (the Port one). Worst recently is maybe Morabito, Sheppard, Griffiths, Weedon.

But good players in those picks include: Pavlich, Selwood (the best one), Barry Hall, Scott Lucas, Lewis, Mundy, Josh Kennedy (the WC one), Zac Smith, Wines, Bontempelli. You'd hope to pick up at least one serious A-grader or better.

That said, I don't think there's a snowball's hope in hell of it coming off given everything else that's going on.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Con Gorozidis wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-15/p ... form-guide

http://boundforglorynews.com/paige-card ... draft-3-0/

If we end up with two guys from:

KPP: Marchbank Durdin, Lever

Mid: Pickett, Laverde, Ahern, Weller

Youd think wed be pleased?

Throw in Nakia at 19

There is the chance Wright could go at 3 leaving us Brayshaw or McCartin anyhow
Gee, most of those guys sound very very underwhelming... and that's despite the fact that these write-ups tend to be pretty, shall we say, 'glossy'...

Marchbank is 193cm... which is meant to be Tom Simpkin's problem... so no.
McCartin is 193cm... which is meant to be Tom Simpkin's problem... so no. I still fear that he won't make it, period. (Pluggs, disagrees, but to date has failed to address the reasons that I've offered up as to why. :wink: )
Laverde is very outside... so no.
Weller is tempting, but seems very light... would he be able to bulk up to a build similar to his bro'?

Brayshaw... yes.

No Lamby, Con? After we-know-whom, I'd be tossing up between Brayshaw and Lamby if we had the (purely hypothetical) first and second draft picks.

And no J Cameron? :wink:

I reckon we'd need some damn good players (most likely exisiting players) to let go of ...
Position: Medium forward/midfielder
Height: 186 cm, Weight: 92 kg, DOB: 04/01/1996
Club: Eastern Ranges
Projected draft range: 1-5
Player comparison: Dustin Martin/Josh P Kennedy

Strong bodied, versatile, powerful, a game changer and a notorious goal-kicker:

... just about ticks all the boxes as a top-line selection,
and if his development over the past 12 months is anything to go by, then we’ve merely hit the tip of the iceberg in terms of what he is capable of.

Since switching from basketball, has gone from forward to forward/midfield: however, he can hang his hat on primarily being a midfielder. Due to his basketball background, earlier in the year tested elite for the agility test, running 7.9 seconds: it’s not bad for a lad who dropped six kilograms over the summer.
This year’s Larke Medalist as Division One’s best and fairest and the new owner of Vic Metro’s MVP averaged 25 disposals and a goal a game, earning All-Australian honours.

However, most importantly, it’s his tackling pressure, strength, mature body, elite hands, vision, awareness, an appetite to win the contested ball
and
his hurt-factor on the outside that makes him such a damaging force.

... also ran 2.96 seconds in the 20-metre sprint, which is also within the elite bracket.

I witnessed his five goal, 33 disposal game against North Ballarat a month ago, and had the pleasure of interviewing him on TAC Radio post-game.

He may be the best, most complete player of this draft and is still very much in the frame for pick one.
Notorious goal kicker with hurt factor... gotta' love that! 8-)

Our boy consistently gets the-most-stand-out write-ups I can ever remember reading. No wonder the clubs' talent spotters (other than one based out of The Boundary Hotel :P ) are pushing for the offering of mega deals to try and get him from us. :idea:

As was wisely suggested in another thread, get our man this draft, plenty of time to do the multi-pick thing again in the next coupla' drafts.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
falka
Club Player

St Ick wrote:Considering their quality drafting of late, I can't see them giving it up but AFL site mentions the Doggies as a potential suitor for the pick one trade. They 'might' have 4, 6 & 7 if GWS sell the farm for Griffin.

I've also heard a team with a top 5 pick are keen on Wright, who is a forward first and foremost not a ruck. So pick 4 could give us McCartin if we get very lucky.
That's the thing, what if we don't get lucky re Mccartin?

Anyway, tune in next Thursday.

Gws won't do 4 and 7 for griff and if that happened, we wouldn't get 4,6 and 7

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Tom Simpkins problem is he's 191 cm... a little undersized

Marchbank and McCartin are both 193 cm..

The same height as Riewoldt. :shock:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for that berg - that is a terrific website

Just going on the last two years it looks positive - youd expect at least two good players. Probably 3 good players.

Toumpas,Wines and Kennedy all look players as do Bont,Aish and Acres. Gardiner goes ok and too early to judge Towers. All 8 of these guys might be ok. 4 of them will be guns.

Pick----- 4 --------------7--------19---------------22
2012 J Toumpas ------O Wines----B Kennedy ---- D Towers
2013 M Bontempelli --J Aish ---- B Acres ------D Gardiner

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-15/p ... form-guide

http://boundforglorynews.com/paige-card ... draft-3-0/

If we end up with two guys from:

KPP: Marchbank Durdin, Lever

Mid: Pickett, Laverde, Ahern, Weller

Youd think wed be pleased?

Throw in Nakia at 19

There is the chance Wright could go at 3 leaving us Brayshaw or McCartin anyhow
Gee, most of those guys sound very very underwhelming... and that's despite the fact that these write-ups tend to be pretty, shall we say, 'glossy'...

Marchbank is 193cm... which is meant to be Tom Simpkin's problem... so no.
McCartin is 193cm... which is meant to be Tom Simpkin's problem... so no. I still fear that he won't make it, period. (Pluggs, disagrees, but to date has failed to address the reasons that I've offered up as to why. :wink: )
Laverde is very outside... so no.
Weller is tempting, but seems very light... would he be able to bulk up to a build similar to his bro'?

Brayshaw... yes.

No Lamby, Con? After we-know-whom, I'd be tossing up between Brayshaw and Lamby if we had the (purely hypothetical) first and second draft picks.

And no J Cameron? :wink:

I reckon we'd need some damn good players (most likely exisiting players) to let go of ...
Position: Medium forward/midfielder
Height: 186 cm, Weight: 92 kg, DOB: 04/01/1996
Club: Eastern Ranges
Projected draft range: 1-5
Player comparison: Dustin Martin/Josh P Kennedy

Strong bodied, versatile, powerful, a game changer and a notorious goal-kicker:

... just about ticks all the boxes as a top-line selection,
and if his development over the past 12 months is anything to go by, then we’ve merely hit the tip of the iceberg in terms of what he is capable of.

Since switching from basketball, has gone from forward to forward/midfield: however, he can hang his hat on primarily being a midfielder. Due to his basketball background, earlier in the year tested elite for the agility test, running 7.9 seconds: it’s not bad for a lad who dropped six kilograms over the summer.
This year’s Larke Medalist as Division One’s best and fairest and the new owner of Vic Metro’s MVP averaged 25 disposals and a goal a game, earning All-Australian honours.

However, most importantly, it’s his tackling pressure, strength, mature body, elite hands, vision, awareness, an appetite to win the contested ball
and
his hurt-factor on the outside that makes him such a damaging force.

... also ran 2.96 seconds in the 20-metre sprint, which is also within the elite bracket.

I witnessed his five goal, 33 disposal game against North Ballarat a month ago, and had the pleasure of interviewing him on TAC Radio post-game.

He may be the best, most complete player of this draft and is still very much in the frame for pick one.
Notorious goal kicker with hurt factor... gotta' love that! 8-)

Our boy consistently gets the-most-stand-out write-ups I can ever remember reading. No wonder the clubs' talent spotters (other than one based out of The Boundary Hotel :P ) are pushing for the offering of mega deals to try and get him from us. :idea:

As was wisely suggested in another thread, get our man this draft, plenty of time to do the multi-pick thing again in the next coupla' drafts.

You have offered no reasons why McCarton wont make it but now all of a sudden its height. Simpkin is 191 but his head size helps. Unfortunately that doesn't help his arm size and 2cm can make a lot of difference anyway. I think you would wish you could 2cm onto something else Dave. You talk rubbish about players you have never seen play or have seen them once or twice. You tell us we will get Cameron in the PSD next season when for over 10 years no class player have gone in that draft. Clubs don't do that anymore. I may be at the banger but you need to get out of fantasyland. By the way Dave Roughead is 193 cm tall.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Thanks for that berg - that is a terrific website

Just going on the last two years it looks positive - youd expect at least two good players. Probably 3 good players.

Toumpas,Wines and Kennedy all look players as do Bont,Aish and Acres. Gardiner goes ok and too early to judge Towers. All 8 of these guys might be ok. 4 of them will be guns.

Pick----- 4 --------------7--------19---------------22
2012 J Toumpas ------O Wines----B Kennedy ---- D Towers
2013 M Bontempelli --J Aish ---- B Acres ------D Gardiner

Toumpas is a bust I'm not sure he will be anything but a B grade passenger, Kennedy is tiny and so far average and towers doesn't look like much yet. I f we got 2012s outcome and Petracca went well I'd need medication. Olly Wines is a gun but Petracca is probably as good on potential. 2013 would be a very good outcome. 2013 draft looks like it will be one of the best ever.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
citywest wrote:GWS can trade Jaksch to Carlton for pick 7. If that trade gets up then I have been told this will "definitely" happen......

Pick 1 to GWS and in return St Kilda get picks 4, 7 and 19.

I love the Pelican!!! :D

Funny that the rumour is exactly what you wanted. Im suggested you may be telling a lie especially as GWS want Griffin. I call bulls***.
And no one believes me that he is a troll :roll:

PS - don't call him sh*tywest or the mods will carry on like little school girls and give you a warning..
dont care
dickwest sounds fine

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Matrix, Loris, LTN......and anyone else reckoning on weighing in on abusing Citywest.
You're acting like bullies. Making up abusive variations on his nic and posting them on the forum.... :roll:
Whatever a person's views are go ahead and attack the opinions - leave out the personal abuse.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

see the thing is
if you called me dickheadnumptyass matrix
i wouldnt give two hoots

but understand your comment
wont 'abuse' the troll one again byron

at least while you not logged on the sunday morning of bathurst
go ford
ffs go out with a win at least

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:see the thing is
if you called me dickheadnumptyass matrix
i wouldnt give two hoots

but understand your comment
wont 'abuse' the troll one again byron

at least while you not logged on the sunday morning of bathurst
go ford
ffs go out with a win at least

Yep I get it that you wouldn't care. A lot wouldn't. It's really the ganging up that's not ok as much as the names.

Bathurst.......anything that features cars going around and around and around the same track multiple times .....in fact car racing in general....zero interest.

jaxons
Club Player

An update.
Seems unlikely as we sit here today that we will have a attractive enough offer to consider trading pick #1 which we are more than comfortable with.
Other avenues are still being explored to gain more picks inside the first round.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:GWS can trade Jaksch to Carlton for pick 7. If that trade gets up then I have been told this will "definitely" happen......

Pick 1 to GWS and in return St Kilda get picks 4, 7 and 19.

I love the Pelican!!! :D

sure

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:An update.
Seems unlikely as we sit here today that we will have a attractive enough offer to consider trading pick #1 which we are more than comfortable with.
Other avenues are still being explored to gain more picks inside the first round.
Petracca it is then

Bring back the Lockett era
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Thanks Jaxons and we hope the remainder of the week reaps the results you are chasing!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

It would be tricky to get more first round picks, unless an Armo or Gilbo goes along with our second round pick for an extra first round pick

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Thanks for the update, I'm comfortable with that, I am moving more and more towards having a once in a generation player who is a mix of JJK, Danger, Judd and Dusty on our list. :wink:

It may be a subject you can't comment on but is there truth to the rumour that Armo to Richmond was on right up until Trengove came into the picture? If it is, I'd be surprised if Trengove passes a medical, finally, are the Dees still interested in him like last year? Putting two and two together I'd suggest he would still be shopped to the Dees for the pick they get for Trengove (either from Tigs or Crows) for that extra top pick.

What I'd give for one of (in order) Laverde, Weller or De Goey in addition to Petracca this year!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Ross who?
Club Player

This makes me breath a little easier. I just keep getting the feeling of being dudded by who will be available in the draft if we are hell bent on "cashing in" pick 1. In saying that, I also have a strong faith in our current recruiting department. I think they deserve an A+ for their efforts this time last year

Blake Acres fan club VIP
jaxons
Club Player

Ross who? wrote:
This makes me breath a little easier. I just keep getting the feeling of being dudded by who will be available in the draft if we are hell bent on "cashing in" pick 1. In saying that, I also have a strong faith in our current recruiting department. I think they deserve an A+ for their efforts this time last year

There would be no getting dudded.
There are some very good players in this years draft.