Jeremy Cameron

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: Jeremy Cameron

If my information is correct, Cameron and his manager visited Seaford, so I think it's fair to say there were discussions. How much that translates into a realistic chance of landing a player, who knows, but certainly Davey Mac wasn't just projecting his fantasies into his posts....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Back to Plan A. Hit the draft hard again this year.
Then at the of end of 2016 we go for the best player FA.

felix
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:Think we dodged a bullet if you ask me.

Doesn't look overly fit :shock:

That's a very unattractive pregnant man.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Strange that you say you are a changed man when you changed your nic like some sort of sook and as soon as you comment on my post you take the personal route.
Wasn't me who started a thread to deliberately try to humiliate another poster. You just don't like being called out on it.

Glass jaw P66, you start a thread and then get all personal.
plugger66 wrote: You haven't changed at all BM, just changed you nic like a sook.
Has this anything to do with Cameron or you just attacking posters because they called you on the purpose of this thread?

As I said glass jaw.
plugger66 wrote: Common sense says we had little hope of getting him and in the end we didn't.
Common sense suggested that the Bulldogs wouldn't pay 9 mill for a 9 game player either.
plugger66 wrote:You guys can say you heard things but in the end we can say anything we like but the final result is we didn't get him.
Geez you get upset at other posters when you haven't been in the loop at the Saints. You have attacked Ton74 before and other posters.

Really strange and a bit childish.

plugger66 wrote: By looking at the way you post BM it is obvious you need 2 nics. One when you get out of bed on the left and one when you get out of bed on the right because it seems you post in good and bad moods quite often.
Oh look more personal attacks.

my critic of the purpose of this thread must have been pretty close to the mark the way you have reacted. Touched a nerve
plugger66 wrote:And where is the ego having an opinion anyway BM. Didn't say I heard this or that or had inside info. It was just common sense IMO that we had little hope of getting him.
The ego is starting a thread to try and belittle someone who has obviously got some info that you didn't.

Transparent and obvious. You have form when someone guzumps you with a bit of knowledge about the club. For some reason you believe you are the font of all inside knowledge and woe betide anyone who knows something you don't about the club.

Anyway apparently you know little on the Cameron situation and what was happening at the club, it is just a little sad your reaction to others that did.

So if you think its personal on Dave let him have his say. it wasn't you I was initially talking about but you started the personal comment on me. Yep I continued it but it doesn't start if you just comment on the topic. Talking of sad well any grown adult who threatens posters with dobbing for calling someone another name well that is sad. Nice quoting though BM. Its as if you just changed your name but not your style. Who would have guessed.

And unlike you I think Dave can handle a small remark like that. And its only posters on here who continue to mention inside knowledge. Strange. Now quote that again BM. Now that is real ego. definitely left side of the bed today. Maybe it should be another nic today.

RODOS
Club Player

You're all crazy

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

True Believer wrote:If my information is correct, Cameron and his manager visited Seaford, so I think it's fair to say there were discussions. How much that translates into a realistic chance of landing a player, who knows, but certainly Davey Mac wasn't just projecting his fantasies into his posts....
Agree.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
True Believer wrote:If my information is correct, Cameron and his manager visited Seaford, so I think it's fair to say there were discussions. How much that translates into a realistic chance of landing a player, who knows, but certainly Davey Mac wasn't just projecting his fantasies into his posts....
Agree.

I totally agree. How many other clubs did they speak to?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

I have absolutely no idea.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:I have absolutely no idea.

Neither do I. Im going with 16.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

You reckon Jeremy Cameron visited 16 other clubs personally?

Really?

That is hardly common sense.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Really?

I would say so. Its hardly going to tire him out. Do you think he only visited us? Or do you have another figure?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Really?

I would say so. Its hardly going to tire him out. Do you think he only visited us? Or do you have another figure?
Would say the 2 or maybe 3 clubs that were under final consideration

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Really?

Well we disagree. Matters little whether you or I am right because he didnt leave GWS so I suppose we can all say what we want. We have no proof at all.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Really?

I agree.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Really?

Well we disagree. Matters little whether you or I am right because he didnt leave GWS so I suppose we can all say what we want. We have no proof at all.
It might be interesting to ask a player or player manager. Normally actual players only tour facilities of the clubs that are under final consideration. The managers have been to every club anyway.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Back to Plan A. Hit the draft hard again this year.
Hypothetical Con = If we have no. 1 pick next year and there is a tall Cameron type power forward and a brilliant midfielder, who do you pick?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Back to Plan A. Hit the draft hard again this year.
Hypothetical Con = If we have no. 1 pick next year and there is a tall Cameron type power forward and a brilliant midfielder, who do you pick?
Very Tough one. Obviously we lean towards a midfielder. But theory tell us always go for the best player and dont worry about position.

Looks at GWS. Ryan Griffen + pick 6 for Boyd. If I was GWS I would be very very very happy with that!

So go best player.
But if top two players are even go midfielder.

Lets flesh this out though. I am starting to think GWS will be top 4 as early as 2017.
They now have Cameron, Stewart, Patton and McCarthy as tall fwds. They dont even need Boyd.
They essentially got Griffen (absolute gun) for free as well as Marchbank - who is from Benalla - which makes GWS relatively very attractive for him.
I really think GWS got the best of this deal. They also fleeced Carlton

GWS will be an almighty force 2017-2020.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sat 14 Mar 2015 4:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

falka
Club Player

Crystal Ball Time.

If everything goes close to plan (keep better players, picks come on, not too many injuries etc) for GC, GWS and the Saints.What year do you see us finishing above both these teams?

Maybe an easier question, who will still be alive to see it?

Not being negative, think we have some hope for improvement, but need a lot more talent through the door to get close to these sides.

Now, being negative, what happens if things don't go to plan for us? Oh dear god!

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

falka wrote:Crystal Ball Time.

If everything goes close to plan (keep better players, picks come on, not too many injuries etc) for GC, GWS and the Saints.What year do you see us finishing above both these teams?

Maybe an easier question, who will still be alive to see it?

Not being negative, think we have some hope for improvement, but need a lot more talent through the door to get close to these sides.

Now, being negative, what happens if things don't go to plan for us? Oh dear god!
This is impossible projection and taking a pretty negative approach.

Firstly I think we are several years behind GC and GWS in young player talent development and I think we are deliberately giving ourselves some "clean air" to peak later them.
Secondly the important thing is to patiently build your base properly like we did last time so you can stay up for a long time and keep your premiership window open for as long as possible. If we had kept our high draft picks and used them well instead of trading them away during Lyons reign we might have had at least one more shot at a Grannie
Thirdly we don't know how well coached or developed GWS, GC or us will be. Clubs do it differently. We set a precedent for keeping our high draft picks that Hawks copied. Geelong used their bayside recruiting advantages and father-son picks. Swans under Roo implemented their famous "Bloods" culture to suffocate teams despite having a lot of blue collar but furiously hard working players (and got help for AFL - *cough* barry hall punching Maguire in stomach, gets a goal out of it, not suspended *cough*).

So there are different ways to do it with stacks of variables. We were seen as more talented than Geelong but they did things are bit more solidly with a long term view. What if we got Alistair Clarkson to coach us when he's looking for his next challenge? That could give us a huge advantage over Rodney Eade :roll: You have to focus on the here and now with the solid base the club is setting up with marketing and NZ, the players coming in now that look the goods, and the excellent development environment the club is bulding. Despite winning the wooden spoon, there is a real positive vibe and sense of bonding coming out of the young group that bodes well. Who know how well GC and GWS are bonding with all their egos and different pay packets floating around.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh well
concentrate on getting sloaney over now

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:oh well
concentrate on getting sloaney over now

and Treloar? :D

You are garbage - Enough said