Game plan.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

seano1
Club Player

Re: Game plan.

I seem to remember an ex premiership coach on SEN say there not much to game plans....it still gets down to see ball get ball kick ball and out score the other team

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Definitely moving the ball more quickly, which unsettles the opposition when we are on the move. It's positive and aggressive - I like it.

Backline is setting up well. The press is being used.

Poor DELIVERY from the middle of the ground is forever our archilles heel.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

I'm not smart enough to know anything about game plans. But it was really good to see us get on a roll in the last quarter last week. Haven't seen that much in the last couple of years.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:We're resurrecting a plan from the mid 70s. Long bombs to Bruce.
Is that the same plan resurrected in the 80 and 90s for Plugger then Stewie, then in the naughties and this decade for G-Train and Roo?

Seems to work a treat.
It was originally Barassi's tactic for the 1977? Grand Final. "Long bombs to Snake"

I'm just happy Richo stuck to it this week.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:I'm not smart enough to know anything about game plans. But it was really good to see us get on a roll in the last quarter last week. Haven't seen that much in the last couple of years.
And another roll last night, this time for the entire second quarter. For the last few years we haven't been able to score quickly even if everything went right. It may not be a style which wins finals but at least it's fun to watch.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Our game plan is fine but Richo doesnt put enough weight on kicking.
How can he use Geary as the plus one in defend? You need your best kick in this position not your worst.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Smashed in the middle again wouldnt you think after last week they would try something different?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Smashed in the middle again wouldnt you think after last week they would try something different?
Where are they going to get more experienced mids from overnight?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Smashed in the middle again wouldnt you think after last week they would try something different?

Maybe chuck Delaney in there hey?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
bergholt wrote:I'm not smart enough to know anything about game plans. But it was really good to see us get on a roll in the last quarter last week. Haven't seen that much in the last couple of years.
And another roll last night, this time for the entire second quarter. For the last few years we haven't been able to score quickly even if everything went right. It may not be a style which wins finals but at least it's fun to watch.

It worked alright for Geelong and even the Hawks just moved it too fast to get hands on the ball.