Guess this weeks ins and outs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Guess this weeks ins and outs

I'd like to see Roo, Joey, Webster, Acres, McKenzie and Weller coming in. Obviously that's too much.

Outs... Paddy, Shenton, Curren, Saad. Hard to find two more to be honest. Sinclair probably not deserving of being dropped/rested but imo I think the ins are knocking down the door too much to be ignored.

So it would be...

Rooey over Paddy
Webster over Shenton
Weller over Curren
Joey over Saad
McKenzie and Acres almost have to come in, who for is a tough one, but surely VFL form for three plus weeks deserves to be rewarded!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
spert
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:How has Saunders sandy form been? any chance he could come in for Saad,as I reckon he could help in midfield.Seems a forgotten player
Seems to be one of those players who is neither here nor there...got dash and can get the ball, but needs a bit more physical presence I reckon, and he is up against Acres, Minch, McKenzie who are knocking on the door, so he needs to really impress at Sandy

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

spert wrote:
bergsone wrote:How has Saunders sandy form been? any chance he could come in for Saad,as I reckon he could help in midfield.Seems a forgotten player
Seems to be one of those players who is neither here nor there...got dash and can get the ball, but needs a bit more physical presence I reckon, and he is up against Acres, Minch, McKenzie who are knocking on the door, so he needs to really impress at Sandy

His issue is his disposal by foot and decision making.

His ability to get the ball and aggression cannot be questioned, but he lacks class and has gone behind the likes of Lonie and Sinclair who are more the types he is up against. Unfortunately for him, those two are sublime by foot.

Strength through Loyalty
#gosaintas
Club Player

Another one who kicks like a headless chook

dragit
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:. Joey is coming back.
What happened to this tony?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:
Either the Saints now have their mole (doubt it), Joey pulled up sore, or he is having a run with Sandy.

Strength through Loyalty
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

St Ick wrote:
dragit wrote:
Either the Saints now have their mole (doubt it), Joey pulled up sore, or he is having a run with Sandy.
From a previous post

Roo trained at about 80% Did a few sprints and participated in match simulation. The problem is he missed quite a few sessions earlier this season so he hasn't got a full preparation under his belt. Pulled up ok. Mav will still have another test. Joey trained full on and was doing fast laps at the end with no apparent soreness, surprised he wasn't picked. Minch has a bit of calf tightness but trained. Marksworth was on the track for an hour or so doing fast track work. Both Farren and Seb participated in the match simulation but obviously didn't go full tilt. As did Sippa. Sammy did slow laps and Payney was working his arse off doing fast lap work as well.
And as I said on a previous post Spencer was worked hard and was getting continuous encouragement and advice from both coaches and players. Where and when to run to is his main problem.

So, to answer your question I have no idea, should know later today. And as for the mole comment.. Do you really think I would pass on any restricted information. Half the sport stations were there yesterday.

Saint wagga
Club Player

tony74 wrote:
St Ick wrote:
dragit wrote:
From a previous post

Roo trained at about 80% Did a few sprints and participated in match simulation. The problem is he missed quite a few sessions earlier this season so he hasn't got a full preparation under his belt. Pulled up ok. Mav will still have another test. Joey trained full on and was doing fast laps at the end with no apparent soreness, surprised he wasn't picked. Minch has a bit of calf tightness but trained. Marksworth was on the track for an hour or so doing fast track work. Both Farren and Seb participated in the match simulation but obviously didn't go full tilt. As did Sippa. Sammy did slow laps and Payney was working his arse off doing fast lap work as well.
And as I said on a previous post Spencer was worked hard and was getting continuous encouragement and advice from both coaches and players. Where and when to run to is his main problem.

So, to answer your question I have no idea, should know later today. And as for the mole comment.. Do you really think I would pass on any restricted information. Half the sport stations were there yesterday.
I don't think its a surprise Joey was able to train at a good intensity...if he's chipped some cartilage, had a washout...it's all about swelling and pain after doing a certain activity, and weather it will get thru 180 mins of footy even with some probably local anaesthetic on board...so it's going to be today, tomorrow as to when he'll know if it's right...pretty easy to make changes and i wouldnt be surprised if they brought him in if it pulls up as hoped. if it's still very sore and swollen at 48hrs, he wouldnt get up.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:So, to answer your question I have no idea, should know later today.
Thanks Tony,
I guess they need to be very conservative with him & not play him until he has fully recovered.

loris
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
tony74 wrote:So, to answer your question I have no idea, should know later today.
Thanks Tony,
I guess they need to be very conservative with him & not play him until he has fully recovered.
Even if Joey pulls up OK.....can he still be selected to play this weekend? He hasn't been named in the squad for this weekend, so can the Saints make a last minute replacement and add him to the squad if he is determined fit to play. I thought the final team could only be selected from the squad originally announced. Am I wrong in that assumption?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I am also under the same impression as Loris.

loris
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I am also under the same impression as Loris.
Such sage old things as our goodselves borderbarry........we'll take our impressions as a given then eh? We couldn't possibly be wrong :wink:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

prob can be done for a $5K fee

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Such sage old things as our goodselves borderbarry........we'll take our impressions as a given then eh? We couldn't possibly be wrong :wink:
You're both basically right, but in this case "can't" just means that there's a fine applicable if we do. Still it would be very unusual and unlikely to happen with a high profile player like Joey.

loris
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
loris wrote:
You're both basically right, but in this case "can't" just means that there's a fine applicable if we do. Still it would be very unusual and unlikely to happen with a high profile player like Joey.
Thanks bergholt for clearing that up.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote:And as for the mole comment.. Do you really think I would pass on any restricted information. Half the sport stations were there yesterday.
Tongue in cheek bro, relax :lol:

Strength through Loyalty
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:In
White
Weller
Webster
Acres
McKenzie