Dal Santo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Dal Santo

8856brother wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:
dragit wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:How many touches is Dal getting tonight? (honest question)
32 & 6 tackles
Fair effort in a side which lost by 10 goals.
Kicking efficiency was around 30%, maybe even less by the end. He butchered the last few I saw. Very ordinary.
yeah I noticed that too - and a few turnovers I saw resulted in GC goals
but shhh tread lightly

Seeya
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Teflon wrote:Dal trade was more upsetting to me than Goddard but for cap room we had to.
Cap room? We're currently struggling to get to the minimum, got cap room coming out our ears. Was that really the only reason to let him go?
no I don't think so and didn't say it was the sole reason but certainly wasn't going to hurt by off loading him and Goddard at the time?

“Yeah….nah””
ace
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda did not stand in North Melbourne's way allowing them to take Dal Santo as a free agent.
That meant North did not have to surrender any picks for him.

It was the AFL that gave us pick No 25 as compensation (a mid second round pick).
A bit of an insult I thought.
He should have been worth a start of round 2.

Then we effectively used picks 25 and 48 to obtain both Billy Longer and Josh Bruce.

Back in 2002 Sydney swiped Barry Hall and pick 53 from us in return for picks 13 + 17 + 45
We wasted pick 45 on Trent Knobel
We wasted pick 17 on mercenary Heath Black who came to us for big money then went back West once his contract expired.
After messing up pick 2 and 5 on Luke Ball and Xavier Clarke instead of Chris Judd (3) and Jimmy Bartel (8) we finally got one right with Dal Santo at pick 13.

I do wonder how many premierships Barry Hall and Nick Riewoldt would have won for us both playing in the same forward line.
But then the only thing that rivaled our poor drafting during the naughties was the profligate splashing of money on selfish players.
We probably could not have kept the team together under the salary cap.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.