Team v Tigers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Loxton
Club Player

Re: Team v Tigers

If Roo doesn't make it, id rather Membrey in than Schnieder.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

St Loxton wrote:If Roo doesn't make it, id rather Membrey in than Schnieder.
I'd prefer Membrey too however I'm doubting that will be the case. Taking Roo and Schneider out is removing the leadership group and experience from the forward line.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'm not expecting much from Paddy. Still a preseason away from AFL level. HJ maybe OK though. Not happy Eli is playing

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintjake
Club Player

St Loxton wrote:
saintjake wrote:Any chance we'll drop Membrey and go with Paddy as the third tall even if Roo does play.

Noticed that Membrey was also named on the extended bench - not that it means much.
No chance i reckon Membrey had an off day like many others, he is just starting to play his position well.
He works hard and leads up to the wing if required. The perfect position for him.
Just has to straighten his goal kicking.

Paddy could play that position, but keep Membrey there atm.

Lol

saintjake
Club Player

fugazi wrote:
St Loxton wrote:
saintjake wrote:Any chance we'll drop Membrey and go with Paddy as the third tall even if Roo does play.

Noticed that Membrey was also named on the extended bench - not that it means much.
No chance i reckon Membrey had an off day like many others, he is just starting to play his position well.
He works hard and leads up to the wing if required. The perfect position for him.
Just has to straighten his goal kicking.

Paddy could play that position, but keep Membrey there atm.
Would be a mistake to drop Membrey. Young players need to know they can hold their spot for a game at least, if they are a bit off for a week. He has had a couple of really good performances before that, lets see how he responds to a bad one.

Lol

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/n ... 7447208298
NICK Riewoldt’s bid to overcome a calf injury in time to play against Richmond on Sunday gathered momentum late this week, with the St Kilda skipper all but certain to take the field.

The 32-year-old recovered well from Thursday’s main training session, then participated in Saturday’s light training run and will lead the Saints against the Tigers barring any late mishaps.

Riewoldt, who picked up the calf injury in last week’s loss to Greater Western Sydney, is desperate to play in the match that will also serve as a fundraiser and tribute to his late sister, Maddie, who lost her battle with a rare bone marrow disorder in February.

“The occasion is obviously very special, but Nick will always put the team first,” assistant coach Rohan Welsh said.

“So there is definitely that factor but I think Nick’s experienced enough to know his own body.

“Together, we’ll make the right call, I’m sure.”

St Kilda will unveil first-round draft pick Hugh Goddard on Sunday, with the key defender joined by No.1 pick Paddy McCartin, who is in for his first game since round four.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... ifa48.html
St Kilda captain Nick Riewoldt trained lightly on Saturday and is expected to have overcome a calf strain in time for Sunday's clash against Richmond when his sister will be honoured.
Riewoldt was only expected to barely break into a sweat as he prepares for the inaugural Maddie's match, which will remember Maddie, who died earlier this year aged 26 due to aplastic anaemia – a rare bone marrow disease. Maddie was also Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt's cousin.
Five dollars from every match ticket sold at Etihad Stadium will be donated to the charity Maddie Riewoldt's Vision, aiming to raise funds to aid research in the fight against bone marrow failure syndromes.
Nick Riewoldt injured his calf against Greater Western Sydney last Sunday and has typically worked diligently to ensure he could recover in time for what will be one of the most important - and emotional - games of his distinguished career.

The Saints said on Saturday that he "should be fine" to play barring an unexpected mishap before the twilight clash. They had named Tom Hickey, Adam Schneider and Tim Membrey as emergencies.
Saints president Peter Summers has penned an open letter to the club's members, detailing how "proud" he has been of all those who have helped to put the match together.
"I am not going to pretend to fully comprehend the loss of Maddie to her family. I do know the Riewoldts are a close family but such loss is individual and must be respected. Similarly I don't want to disrespect the concept of family for at such times family has a very special meaning," Summers said.
"But to the extent there is a Saints family, and I do believe such a thing exists, then we, the Saints family, also felt Maddie's passing and to the extent we could we offered our support to the Riewoldt family.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107