is this the worst opinion piece for the year?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: is this the worst opinion piece for the year?

8 to 10 years around the bottom then just like the Hawks, Dogs and everyone else built their lists.

LURVE it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
suss
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
suss wrote:Yes it is.

God only knows why he would compare a team who's been welded to the bottom of the ladder for 10 years against another who's made three grand final appearances in the same time frame. I would've expected them to be a tad in front of us.

Perhaps St Kilda and Geelong would've been a logical comparison.
I don't think time at bottom is relevant when simply comparing list quality of 2 teams
We're not comparing whose been more successful or who rebuilds fastest
How can it not be relevant when time at the bottom has a direct correlation to the quality of the your list (or at least ought to, assuming you are somewhat competent at making your selections)?

Odd.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
bergholt wrote:I still agree with him. Melbourne's kids are miles ahead of ours and we haven't even seen Petracca yet. They're going slightly worse because their group of seniors doesn't compare to ours, but seniors aren't going to win either of us the next flag.
So do I Berg
It's a reasonable article just not liked by bias saints fans
Facts are on paper Melbourne's younger A grade list runs deeper than ours - 4 out of 5 club recruiters agree
Facts are our older blokes A grade quality craps on Melbourne but they'll be gone in 3 years and are huge in games for us still
We need A grade talent - we have taken a big punt on Paddy and skipped 2 top line draft choices so let's just pray we saw something others didn't
Our midfield isn't anywhere near good enough and won't be till Steven/Armo become our second stringers with elite talent brought in
Nunes, Ross, Acres etc all still really unknown where they'll land
Next 2 drafts are crucial for us

I'm unsure Steve and Armo have to become second stringers but they certainly need help with outside run. We are 2 drafts away as you suggested but our first pick wont get it done. That's only 2 players. We need drafts like last season for the next 2 seasons and also a FA or two in the next 2 years and some great trading as we have had in the last year or two. We are about 8 players short from a finals side. maybe even more so it will take some very good drafts to get that many players.
Armo and Steven need help but are outstanding players this year. We just need another couple of them.