Collingwood players tested positive

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Collingwood players tested positive

Sainternist wrote:
The Fireman wrote:just heard on the tv that 11 players had hair samples testing positive...watch this space. I'll bet they were on something during the 2nd GF against us. If it is proven they are cheating now..then it's highly probable they were cheating then.
I'll always be suspicious of Geelong 2007 - 2011.

But apparently you're only cheating if you get caught.
As George Costanza would say - it's not a lie if you believe it.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
The Fireman wrote:just heard on the tv that 11 players had hair samples testing positive...watch this space. I'll bet they were on something during the 2nd GF against us. If it is proven they are cheating now..then it's highly probable they were cheating then.
I'll always be suspicious of Geelong 2007 - 2011.

But apparently you're only cheating if you get caught.
As George Costanza would say - it's not a lie if you believe it.
Brilliant!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Well I hate to burst everyone's bubble here, but a guy I work with has a good mate who's son plays at the saints (yeah I know, I know my uncles mate's stepbrother's cousin)

Anyway I saw first hand the text the saints listed player sent to his father, who then fwded it onto my mate. All I can say is that we shouldn't be throwing stones AT ALL I'm afraid. The basis of the text was that he was now hopeful of getting a senior game much earlier than expected........

My mate was rapt for him, I was furious. :evil:

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Moods wrote:Well I hate to burst everyone's bubble here, but a guy I work with has a good mate who's son plays at the saints (yeah I know, I know my uncles mate's stepbrother's cousin)

Anyway I saw first hand the text the saints listed player sent to his father, who then fwded it onto my mate. All I can say is that we shouldn't be throwing stones AT ALL I'm afraid. The basis of the text was that he was now hopeful of getting a senior game much earlier than expected........

This is just plain BS, even if St Kilda were one of the clubs that had registered a high number of positive tests, none of the players are in any danger of being suspended as the results don't even count as a strike, so this "saints player" is no closer to getting a game

Moods
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Moods wrote:Well I hate to burst everyone's bubble here, but a guy I work with has a good mate who's son plays at the saints (yeah I know, I know my uncles mate's stepbrother's cousin)

This is just plain BS, even if St Kilda were one of the clubs that had registered a high number of positive tests, none of the players are in any danger of being suspended as the results don't even count as a strike, so this "saints player" is no closer to getting a game

Yeah agreed. But the fact that someone on the inside is claiming that a high number of players have tested positive is infuriating. What the players have been told by the club is anyone's guess.

My point is that we probably should hold our fire until we're sure that our own house is squeaky clean.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

Yeah agreed. But the fact that someone on the inside is claiming that a high number of players have tested positive is infuriating. What the players have been told by the club is anyone's guess.

My point is that we probably should hold our fire until we're sure that our own house is squeaky clean.
Why is it infuriating? They were on holidays. Unless they are stupid enough to put it on Snapchat who cares?

to think any club is clean of illicit drugs is very naive. Saints are no different.

You are garbage - Enough said
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Half our kids under 25 would be on the pingers all summer.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Moods wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

Why is it infuriating? They were on holidays. Unless they are stupid enough to put it on Snapchat who cares?

to think any club is clean of illicit drugs is very naive. Saints are no different.
but we are Saints

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The flaw in what you are claiming is that with this off-season tests that no club, including StKilda, actually knows the names of any player who has failed the hair-test unless it is a third strike. So no club. including StKilda, is in a postion to take action against any StKilda player in order that your uncles mate's stepbrother's cousin be closer to getting a game.

However as posted bt myself earlier YES it is quite likely that a St Kilda player may have been amongst the group. However none will miss games.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Moods
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Half our kids under 25 would be on the pingers all summer.
Interesting how we move quickly from 'the pies are a bunch of cheats' to the following post above.

Let's face it - our players are no different to pies players and we as supporters, are no different to any other group (as much as we try and claim otherwise) We will make excuses for our players if caught out and bag the opposition if we think we have one up on them

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

This is a tough issue to regulate. I normally love to be critical of the AFL but on this issue I feel they might have hit a decent balance.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

This story doesnt add up . Lets say this player is someone like a Brandon White or a Lewis Pierce type...
How does it help him get a game? There is no threat of suspensions under the current illicit drugs policy.
Even if some saints players had a positive test - isnt this confidential? There is no punishment unless it a 3rd strike and even that is debatable. I expect suspensions would only really become an option on the 4th or 5th strike in reality. The whole point of the current policy is not to punish/suspend players but to uncover the problem and educate.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Half our kids under 25 would be on the pingers all summer.
And probably 1 or 2 over 25.....

elizabethr
Club Player

This tripe has descended into farce.

nothing to say
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Paul Marsh on 3aw blamed 'society' for the Collingwood drug issue...

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
SMS
Club Player

The younger boys of goddard mccartin gresh billings sinclair dunstan lonie mckenzie are NOT druggies. Very much agajnst it nad are leaders.
Youll NEVER SEE THESE BOYS GET DONE. Thisn is why our recruiting from 2013 has been spot on. We all know whos at the clubs getting on it. If you want to know just head down to the emmerson sat nights.

Kate
Club Player

I'm suddenly less happy about Roberton's new haircut.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote:I'm suddenly less happy about Roberton's new haircut.
:lol: He must have read Cousins auto-biography (good read actually)

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote:I'm suddenly less happy about Roberton's new haircut.
He is a father and probably more responsible than most

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl ... nrfki.html

Something, players associated, somrthing

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:This is a tough issue to regulate. I normally love to be critical of the AFL but on this issue I feel they might have hit a decent balance.
3 strikes would mean that there is no deterrent value in getting a first strike.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Just remember that Collingwood had 11 players testing positive - and two other clubs who weren't named had MORE than 11.

There's two ways of looking at this. 1) They are young blokes aged between 18-30yrs. They are just a reflection of society itself, so no need for anyone to get too carried away by it.

2) They are very highly paid athletes, part of their salary is paid not to just to perform on a footy field but because they are role models to a billion dollar industry and millions of ppl, many of them kids. They signed up to all of this and get incredible opportunities that 99% of society would only dream about. As athletes, is it too much to ask that they don't take illegal drugs?? They are NOT reflective of society because of the incredible position they find themselves in.

I don't care how hard AFL footballers claim they have it - their lot is a 1000 times better than most. I subscribe to point 2, but each to their own. I understand the arguments for both sides

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

have been told the ferals in the cheer squad are bluing with each other during the Swans game..... lol....they are feral dickheads. :)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Done well since 2010

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.