Training

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Training

LTN16 wrote:
tony74 wrote:I have it on good authority there's a gentlemens night at the club tonight with a barrel and strippers.
It should actually happen more, you would be surprised with the results. Nothing wrong with a good bonding session..
You mean bondage session.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

magnifisaint wrote:
LTN16 wrote:
tony74 wrote:I have it on good authority there's a gentlemens night at the club tonight with a barrel and strippers.
It should actually happen more, you would be surprised with the results. Nothing wrong with a good bonding session..
You mean bondage session.
If you were involved then yes

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:
tony74 wrote:If it makes you feel better Magnifisaint they missed their targets, looked lethargic, half of them left after 10 mins chasing pokemons and I have it on good authority there's a gentlemens night at the club tonight with a barrel and strippers.
And just for good measure a dwarf will be the mc.
How does one get invited?
You need to be short enough.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saynta
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:If it makes you feel better Magnifisaint they missed their targets, looked lethargic, half of them left after 10 mins chasing pokemons and I have it on good authority there's a gentlemens night at the club tonight with a barrel and strippers.
8-) :wink:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
I bet you they were also chuffing on the fags and having a few tinnies after training
Reminds me of going to the VFA and at 3/4 time going out onto the ground to listen to the coach whilst watching my hero ruckman chain smoke a couple of fags before the last quarter........

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the report Tony but don't mozz us like last time!!

Nah cheers buddy I am pumped about us really announcing ourselves to the footy world tomorrow night.

North are gaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn!!!

Go saints

#1 Ryder fan
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

magnifisaint wrote:
tony74 wrote:Real spring in the step this morning. You can tell there's a sense of optimism in the group. Definitely one of the better training sessions of the year.
The last time you gave us one these reports we got flogged. I'd be worried if there wasn't a spring in their step.
You can be assured, never again.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
tony74 wrote:Real spring in the step this morning. You can tell there's a sense of optimism in the group. Definitely one of the better training sessions of the year.
The last time you gave us one these reports we got flogged. I'd be worried if there wasn't a spring in their step.
You can be assured, never again.
Does anyone there actually practice kicking goals, at all, ever? Surely kicking goals wins you matches?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

First 15 min and last 20 min of every session. And in match simulation when it happens- kick the goal.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:First 15 min and last 20 min of every session. And in match simulation when it happens- kick the goal.
Tony....WTF????? What's the vibe? Very disappointing effort for all of us.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Disappointing yep. But it's probably realistic. Are we really a top 8 team yet?
Yet?
I think the lessons learnt tonight will be very valuable.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote:Disappointing yep. But it's probably realistic. Are we really a top 8 team yet?
Yet?
Yes agreed Tony - I think deep down we all know we weren't quite ready for top 8 but allowed ourselves to dream a little - and having that dreamed killed off hurts.

Put Paddy back in the team , Carlisle in defence, and another preseason into our young mids and we will look like a better team.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote:Disappointing yep. But it's probably realistic. Are we really a top 8 team yet?
Yet?
I agree. Good on you Tony.

We've learnt many lessons tonight (and clearly Brucey walked past the wrong black cat so far as the men in green go) but I was happy we didn't drop our heads and kept on cracking in there to the end, and some of the kids like Gresh and Blacres and DMac really turned up to play.

I don't know how we learn to kick straight under pressure but I guess every game like must help. Hard lesson to cop but we will get there.

Had a couple of them nailed the early ones anything could have happened and the kids will learn from that.

Always loyal
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Yet?
Yep agree with you. At the start of the year if you'd said we'd be considering playing a final I'd have taken that. We still have four games to go with three of them very winnable. We could finish 12-10 which would be a huge improvement. Most important is the improvement in the young fellas and the nucleus of the team going forward getting games together and getting the taste of winning.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Yet?
So what ur saying is that because you don't think we're a top 8 side we didn't deserve to win. It's like saying did North deserve to win 10 in a row?

It's got nothing to do with ladder positions.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saint-stu
Club Player

Don't stop the reports please tony.

20 minutes set shot practice sounds very very little. A lot of old former players have been saying they used to kick 100s and thats the only way to get good at it.

1ac46a38
ctqs
Club Player

Yet?
Obviously we're not a top eight team yet because we're 10th but that doesn't mean to say we won't be if we win the rest of our games. I would be mightily peed off if tonight's result meant we just played out the rest of the season without trying or caring about the results.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saint-stu wrote:Don't stop the reports please tony.

20 minutes set shot practice sounds very very little. A lot of old former players have been saying they used to kick 100s and thats the only way to get good at it.
The Chief Jason Dunstall used to practice for ages after training.
Nowadays, fitness staff discourage long kicking because they think it damages (by causing scar tissue) the quadriceps muscle. The big muscle at the front of the thigh.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Poor Tony. Keep posting mate..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Yet?
Moving on, do the players hate Carlton as much as us fans do?

We need to put them to bed next week and stop their talk how good they've been recently with honorable losses

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
saint-stu wrote:Don't stop the reports please tony.

The Chief Jason Dunstall used to practice for ages after training.
Nowadays, fitness staff discourage long kicking because they think it damages (by causing scar tissue) the quadriceps muscle. The big muscle at the front of the thigh.
look back at the size of footballers legs and particularly quads. They used to be huge. Not so much anymore, is that cos they have to run more, I'm not sure.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:First 15 min and last 20 min of every session. And in match simulation when it happens- kick the goal.
Okay thanks for that tony74 but now I have to ask - how many sessions do they have during a typical week?

Someone on here equated it to a golfer practicing putting. 15 minutes and 20 minutes in a few sessions a week. If a professional golfer only practiced that much I don't think they would be a professional for long.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintbob
SS Life Member

I suggest that this weeks training should be all about goal kicking!!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
Okay thanks for that tony74 but now I have to ask - how many sessions do they have during a typical week?

Someone on here equated it to a golfer practicing putting. 15 minutes and 20 minutes in a few sessions a week. If a professional golfer only practiced that much I don't think they would be a professional for long.
You're not going to improve if you practice the wrong things. Try smarter, not harder. It's down to biomechanics and technique, so they need expert guidance.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

and who's an expert

just someone who's a great kick... as some would lead you to believe

there is little expertise in this area... and imo a lot of it is mental