Freeman is set to return

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Freeman is set to return

Teflon wrote:
saynta wrote:
Scollop wrote:
saynta wrote:What a lot of miserable pessimists you are on here.

Gawd give the kid a break. Most of you are writing him off without him even kicking a ball in a game yet. f*** me.
Gawd, I think the Saints have given him 'more' than a break. Be reasonable. The discussion is inevitable. How long are we going to keep paying him?
The people saying he should be dumped, traded or rookies are the unreassonable ones imhfo.

The saints recruited him knowing he had dodgy hammies, have stood by him whilst he has been out injured and are more than welcoming his return to fitness.

None of his has been his fault. He even travelled to Germany a second time at his own expense in an attempt to overcome his injuries.

He has just undergone surgery to remove scare tissue and the "experts" on here want to shaft him before he has had a chance to prove himself.

I f****** hope he proves all of you doubters how wrong you are.

Glad none of you are responsible for list management.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Glad you’re not in charge of my investments FFS,
No one said “let’s get this kid sacked” talk about hyperbole overreaction (roll, roll, roll, roll,....)
It’s a good discussion
He steps up (bad luck or not) and puts together some solid footy this year or goes
Saints have stuck by him, he’s been on AFL lists for 5 years and not cracked a game (said it himself), plenty don’t get that chance
We ain’t a friggin charity :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yep agree with this. Can't keep a player on the list for ever when he can't play. Give him until the end of the year and surely another 'setback' is the end of the line.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:He would not only 'need to string together' a handful of VFL games but he'd also have to be playing some damn good footy if he's ever going to push out any of his team mates. At this stage it's a non-story. The real story will be whether he gets another contract; whether he can play some decent VFL footy and whether he ever plays a solitary game of AFL.

I doubt he will get the chance to live up to his junior footy capabilities or potential. He has missed so much football. Time is running out unless another AFL team is crazy enough to take a huge punt and perhaps rookie him and give him another contract. Can't see it happening, and can't see St Kilda offering Nathan more time
Although I think we should win today, with the injuries and suspension the Hawks have, should we not play well and lose, I would say that stringing together a few good games in the VFL would be exactly all he needs to be called up to the seniors.
Apart from Stuv some of our midfielders and half forwards have been pretty disappointing in the first five rounds, until last week. I believed we were a real show against GWS, and think we'll win today, but I've certainly been wrong before, and if I am I would like to see guys like Phillips and Freezer force their way in to the side.

Despite what we have been told by marketing at the club who needed to sell hope, this year was always going to be a development year. That doesn't mean we'll be hopeless, we'll win our 11/12 games, or maybe at a bare minimum, 8, but we need to find out who is going to take us forward and who isn't. A lot of good St. Kilda players started playing at the top level later; guys like Danny Frawley and Nicky Winmar for example. He deserves a chance if he's good enough, if his body doesn't stand up to the rigours of AFL then at the end of the year it will be thanks for trying. That's life.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Great news, he had hit a level of consistency at Sandy last year before his ankle injury. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was six games in a row that he got 30 possessions plus.

I haven't seen a lot of him, but I hear his speed (something we really haven't seen yet) is extraordinary. What I have seen is his magnificent hands, he doesn't fumble and is a sqeaky clean handler of the ball.

If his hammys hold up, he will make it and be a very good player for us.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

St. Paul wrote:The boy's not done yet! He has 17 weeks left to prove himself. If he gets back to somewhere near full fitness and confidence,I believe you'll all be very pleased with what he can produce.

plus one

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
saynta wrote:
Scollop wrote:

Gawd give the kid a break. Most of you are writing him off without him even kicking a ball in a game yet. f*** me.
Gawd, I think the Saints have given him 'more' than a break. Be reasonable. The discussion is inevitable. How long are we going to keep paying him?
The people saying he should be dumped, traded or rookies are the unreassonable ones imhfo.

The saints recruited him knowing he had dodgy hammies, have stood by him whilst he has been out injured and are more than welcoming his return to fitness.

None of his has been his fault. He even travelled to Germany a second time at his own expense in an attempt to overcome his injuries.

He has just undergone surgery to remove scare tissue and the "experts" on here want to shaft him before he has had a chance to prove himself.

No one said “let’s get this kid sacked” talk about hyperbole overreaction (roll, roll, roll, roll,....)
It’s a good discussion
He steps up (bad luck or not) and puts together some solid footy this year or goes
Saints have stuck by him, he’s been on AFL lists for 5 years and not cracked a game (said it himself), plenty don’t get that chance
'WE" don't pay his salary ffs. :| :|

Me too re your investments :roll: .

Talk about delusional

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Best of luck freeze

#1 Ryder fan
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saynta wrote:
Scollop wrote:

It’s a good discussion

Talk about delusional
WE pay memberships??? so pretty sure we do
Poor grasp of financials so yep, best you leave financials to others....

“Yeah….nah””
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Agreed. He'll debut later this year I reckon. And by around this time next year, will have plenty (gladly :) ) eating their words.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Who, will be gone at the end of the year and another gamble that we didn't come close to winning.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

yet to play a poor game in the ones, so worth keeping on that fact alone. extend his contract!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
saynta wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saynta wrote:
Scollop wrote:

It’s a good discussion

Talk about delusional
Memberships money is not used to pay the players ffs.

"Pretty sure" you are wrong there.

The AFL gives the club more than enough to cover the salary cap, oh bright financial wizard.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:
Rookies can play any time now; you don't need a long term injury or retirement for them to play seniors. There's just no point in delisting and redrafting him as a rookie. But how stupid would we look if we delist him and plan to take him as a rookie but another team pounces before us and he finally gets a good run with his body
Thanks, I wasn't sure re Rookie rules. I agree we would look silly if he got picked up elsewhere but then again we will look like idiots if we kept him for another non playing year. To be honest he's form wasn't that good last year from what I saw, although it was only 2-3 games. He needs to hit his straps from here in but many have gone passed him now

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Bruce G McAbee wrote:Who, will be gone at the end of the year and another gamble that we didn't come close to winning.
Do you have a time machine or a crystal ball????

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

desertsaint wrote:yet to play a poor game in the ones, so worth keeping on that fact alone. extend his contract!
That's what I was thinking. Probably the best player on our list.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

He's certainly consistent.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Two weeks in the seconds and if all well play him in the first.

Can't be any worse than the 22 out there the last 6 weeks.

silverhalo
Club Player

Freezer will make it, mark my words.....I am supremely confident that the boy will overcome his injuries and be a more than serviceable player for us. I can feel it in my waters....

saynta
Saintsational Legend

silverhalo wrote:Freezer will make it, mark my words.....I am supremely confident that the boy will overcome his injuries and be a more than serviceable player for us. I can feel it in my waters....

Be more than great if you are right. The boy's made of the right stuff. Tough as an old boot with a never say die attitude.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-04-3 ... r-comeback

St Kilda midfielder Nathan Freeman is on track to return from right hamstring surgery through the VFL on Saturday afternoon.

The 22-year-old just needs to continue training well to face Box Hill at Box Hill City Oval.

Freeman was operated on in February, when a defect was found in his muscle.

He was ready to play his first game of the year last week, but a bye for Sandringham meant the former Magpie was confined to training.

The powerful runner flew to Germany at the end of both 2016 and 2017 in a bid to sort out the problem that has kept him from making his debut since he was drafted with the 10th selection in 2013.

He managed 13 matches in the VFL last year and was performing well enough to be in the frame for his first senior game.

However, a right ankle syndesmosis injury last July ended his season prematurely.

He was brought to the Saints for his elite speed and endurance while his professionalism and positive attitude through adversity have impressed the club.

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Bruce G McAbee wrote:Who, will be gone at the end of the year and another gamble that we didn't come close to winning.
Do you have a time machine or a crystal ball????
Hey if I'm wrong, I will be happy, but at this point I don't see anything to give me optimistic about his future. If he doesn't make it this year there is no reason to keep hoping for a miracle.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-05/l ... vfl-return

"LUCKLESS St Kilda midfielder Nathan Freeman made a stunning return from right hamstring surgery on Saturday afternoon, racking up 31 disposals in Sandringham's 64-point loss to Box Hill.

Freeman played as an onballer for much the contest at Box Hill City Oval and had seven marks and four tackles.

He didn't appear to have any problems with his troublesome hamstrings.

The 22-year-old's kicking was a touch scrappy at times but a couple of instances in particular would have impressed the Saints hierarchy watching on, which included coach Alan Richardson and football manager Simon Lethlean.

One play saw him burst free of a tackle from deep in defence and show the speed he was recruited from Collingwood for while another instance saw him hold on to an overhead mark with Hawks ruckman Marc Pittonet coming in to create a contest."

I wish I knew how to post a picture of the back of my hand pointing to the screen showing this thread with my middle finger fully extended to the Freeman doubters above. :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-05/l ... vfl-return

"LUCKLESS St Kilda midfielder Nathan Freeman made a stunning return from right hamstring surgery on Saturday afternoon, racking up 31 disposals in Sandringham's 64-point loss to Box Hill.

Freeman played as an onballer for much the contest at Box Hill City Oval and had seven marks and four tackles.

The 22-year-old's kicking was a touch scrappy at times but a couple of instances in particular would have impressed the Saints hierarchy watching on, which included coach Alan Richardson and football manager Simon Lethlean.

One play saw him burst free of a tackle from deep in defence and show the speed he was recruited from Collingwood for while another instance saw him hold on to an overhead mark with Hawks ruckman Marc Pittonet coming in to create a contest."

I wish I knew how to post a picture of the back of my hand pointing to the screen showing this thread with my middle finger fully extended to the Freeman doubters above. :twisted: :twisted: :evil:
+1 Welcome back Freezer, picked up where you left off. Look forward to your AFL debut in the next few weeks.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saynta wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saynta wrote:
Scollop wrote:

It’s a good discussion

Talk about delusional
Memberships money is not used to pay the players ffs.

"Pretty sure" you are wrong there.

The AFL gives the club more than enough to cover the salary cap, oh bright financial wizard.
Thank you genius here's a free financial tip for you Mrs Bouris - NO members money NO club NO players are gettin paid cause I'm pretty sure the AFL won't stump up for that.
Try keep up it's really not that hard...

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Why don't u post a picture of you slamming your palm into your forehead cause I reckon your arguing with yourself which publicly isn't healthy
NO ONE in this thread or who in their right mind and follows St Kilda has said "gee hope Freeman fails" - quite the opposite
What sensible, non hormonal people in this thread have said is if he continues to break down by seasons end he's gone. Again, leave charity for those who can afford it and Freeman knows this too
One great game is a start but changes little.
Freeman needs another 3-4 of these games and then to show his body can stand up at the next level
Again this is the obvious fact to most normal footy fans..

“Yeah….nah””
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

Why don't u post a picture of you slamming your palm into your forehead cause I reckon your arguing with yourself which publicly isn't healthy
NO ONE in this thread or who in their right mind and follows St Kilda has said "gee hope Freeman fails" - quite the opposite
What sensible, non hormonal people in this thread have said is if he continues to break down by seasons end he's gone. Again, leave charity for those who can afford it and Freeman knows this too
One great game is a start but changes little.
Freeman needs another 3-4 of these games and then to show his body can stand up at the next level
Again this is the obvious fact to most normal footy fans..
Remember Teffers, this is coming from a poster that called another former Saints player a girl (very enlightened) in another thread and was actually upset when Tom Lee got a chance in his final season.

Oh the righteousness