We may trade our Pick 4

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: We may trade our Pick 4

Stop making s*** up.

I don't get the impression that Chico is a filth supporter. Quite the opposite actually; appears to me to be a Saints person through and through.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stonecold
SS Life Member

chico2001 wrote: Wed 31 Oct 2018 1:30pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 8:58pm
chico2001 wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 8:27pm
stonecold wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 10:26pm Such positivity, so many turn coats on here!!!!!
Cant you see that most of these posts are jocular in nature, they add some life into the hum drum and mundane?

If you are going to comment...add something useful.....no offence!!!!
Don't post rubbish and say 'No Offence', it just doesn't wash with me!!!!!
You just worry about washing that coal off your face ......bigtimer....
No worries chief, you go back to Victoria Park!!!!!

Turkish Roll!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Wed 31 Oct 2018 2:11pm Stop making s*** up.

I don't get the impression that Chico is a filth supporter. Quite the opposite actually; appears to me to be a Saints person through and through.
It seems as though the new trend is to group together and cast concern/negativity as trolling. Don’t address the points at all, just attack the forumites.

3 of them so far.

And I agree... Chico is clearly a Saints fan. One that is concerned about the direction of the club

chico2001
Club Player

Been with the saints a bit longer than a few forumites for sure but not as long as others but you have to have been with them for at least 45 yrs + if you want to compete with me in the "saints longevity" stakes. Unfortunately we have dropped into mediocrity and quite a lot of supporters are accepting of that but not me.... and there are plenty who agree with me.. Yes, the -/+ trend has been developing for a while and I think it commenced before I got on here and virtually in full swing after certain super positive events. But the wheat is eventually sorted from the chaff. Trouble with making stuff up is that you get painted into a corner eventually then have nowhere to go.

The Club is on a sticky wicket at the moment but cannot afford to be there much longer, this is not the 70/80's where nobody gave a rats. If you aren't competitive the call will go out to put us down the gurglar along side the Suns who are also on notice. 3 clubs have a win ratio of about 33% over the last 6 years.The AFL wont carry financial and perennial on field losers forever, it has already got the baler working non stop .The media is powerful and will call for it anyway. That gives the AFL a nice round 16 teams. Carlton are in the black financially. There will be some very nervous people around if we don't win 8 or more games next year. My opinion is that the AFL will attempt to lift the saints from the mire for the next 2 + 1 years but that's about it. The equaliser to that is , a generational star can change everything virtually overnight.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Wed 31 Oct 2018 4:02pm

Been with the saints a bit longer than a few forumites for sure but not as long as others but you have to have been with them for at least 45 yrs + if you want to compete with me in the "saints longevity" stakes. Unfortunately we have dropped into mediocrity and quite a lot of supporters are accepting of that but not me.... and there are plenty who agree with me.. Yes, the -/+ trend has been developing for a while and I think it commenced before I got on here and virtually in full swing after certain super positive events. But the wheat is eventually sorted from the chaff. Trouble with making stuff up is that you get painted into a corner eventually then have nowhere to go.

The Club is on a sticky wicket at the moment but cannot afford to be there much longer, this is not the 70/80's where nobody gave a rats. If you aren't competitive the call will go out to put us down the gurglar along side the Suns who are also on notice. 3 clubs have a win ratio of about 33% over the last 6 years.The AFL wont carry financial and perennial on field losers forever, it has already got the baler working non stop .The media is powerful and will call for it anyway. That gives the AFL a nice round 16 teams. Carlton are in the black financially. There will be some very nervous people around if we don't win 8 or more games next year. My opinion is that the AFL will attempt to lift the saints from the mire for the next 2 + 1 years but that's about it. The equaliser to that is , a generational star can change everything virtually overnight.
Seems like a reasonable assessment. The Death Star is motivated by money and money alone. Much like Cricket Australia. Has been totally overtaken by ‘product’ orientation and commerce. They wont tolerate financial dragging the chain for ever and said as much in the not too distant past. Was it McLachlan who said not so long ago that it’s time for the Saints to shape up in all areas?

chico2001
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Wed 31 Oct 2018 4:57pm
chico2001 wrote: Wed 31 Oct 2018 4:02pm

Seems like a reasonable assessment. The Death Star is motivated by money and money alone. Much like Cricket Australia. Has been totally overtaken by ‘product’ orientation and commerce. They wont tolerate financial dragging the chain for ever and said as much in the not too distant past. Was it McLachlan who said not so long ago that it’s time for the Saints to shape up in all areas?
He did and I think he meant it as well. I don't like the prick but he seems to mostly stick with what he says apart from a few major aberrations. Awkward situation with the Suns and the Lions have no money either I believe, but wont be budged anytime soon. It is very obvious but saints must win games and must get bums on seats (well over 30k average) it is the only way. Every decision regarding coaching, recruiting and on field performance has to be spot on.

ace
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 11:18pm Hi risk hi reward. Take pick 4 to the draft and hope both kings go 2 and 3.
Then watch the fireworks from both adelaide and port.
Hope we are getting in both of their ears now.
Only seconds to get the pick trade done.
No time to haggle.
Almost certainly needs to be sorted before the draft begins.
If ..... happens then this is the agreed trade .......

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
SuperDuper
Club Player

Seems to me that clubs are not sure what GC will do.
The fact is, people can trade with the Blues now, because their hand does not change.

But if an SA club offered overs to Blues, and they swapped (not likely) then GC hand changes as they then can target Walsh and their whole strategy may change at that stage... i.e. that is their plan B. And plan B may involve trading down pick 3, which the Adelaide clubs may also want, because at this point GC plan A for taking 2 SA boys is out the window.

So, i cannot see any movement happening really unless the Blues do actually make a swap. But one would think Saints know where they stand, for example Adelaide may have said that if Rankine is still there at 4, we will trade xyz picks... So the saints will know their options in each circumstance and know what they have decided in each scenario

SuperDuper
Club Player

Seems to me that clubs are not sure what GC will do.
The fact is, people can trade with the Blues now, because their hand does not change.

But if an SA club offered overs to Blues, and they swapped (not likely) then GC hand changes as they then can target Walsh and their whole strategy may change at that stage... i.e. that is their plan B. And plan B may involve trading down pick 3, which the Adelaide clubs may also want, because at this point GC plan A for taking 2 SA boys is out the window.

So, i cannot see any movement happening really unless the Blues do actually make a swap. But one would think Saints know where they stand, for example Adelaide may have said that if Rankine is still there at 4, we will trade xyz picks... So the saints will know their options in each circumstance and know what they have decided in each scenario

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BFUSA posted in another thread that Carlton are looking to swap out their pick one in a deal that would see the first four picks end up as 1. Gold Coast 2. Port 3. Gold Coast 4. Saints.

If that's the case then for sure one of the S.A boys will be going to Port. It all depends on who Gold Coast take, whether they have picks 2 and 3 or picks 1 and 3.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Hawks lack small forwards and we don’t.

Typical FOMO at play here.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
avid
Club Player

If either Rankine or Lukosius are available at pick 4, do you think Port would trade picks 5 + 10 for it?
I'd possibly pick either one of them with pick 4, but I'd be thrilled to get Smith at 5, at so little relative cost.
Then we could pick Ben King with 10. And Max would then defect to us shortly after.
That's my game plan for Nov 22.