Paddy fit at last

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Re: Paddy fit at last

I honestly think people have some poor memories or rose coloured glasses on. Not being pessimistic but we were crap last year due to multiple factors including a poor conversion rate, no plan b, continually bombing into the 50 and only one quick mid. Thank god for Jack Steven.
So what has changed.
Still no quick mid to help Jack out, Jack battle picked for his accuracy is training as a back after drafting about ten backs in two years ; same coach hence same game plan slightly tweaked. Where are the wins coming from?
Until we get pace in the midfield we will struggle IMO
Last edited by DJ Higgins on Wed 30 Jan 2019 12:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote: Wed 30 Jan 2019 10:14am So what has changed.
Paddy's fit? Oh wait, he was ripping it this time last year too, according to all the press.

I hope he has a great season, but this pre-season has a touch of last year's pre-season optimism recycled unfortunately.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote: Wed 30 Jan 2019 10:14am I honestly think people have some poor memories or rose coloured glasses on. Not being pessimistic but we were crap last year due to multiple factors including a poor conversion rate, no plan b, continually bombing into the 50 and only one quick mid. Thank god for Jack Steven.
So what has changed.
Still no quick mid to help Jack out, Jack battle picked for his accuracy is training as a back after drafting about ten backs in two years ; same coach hence same game plan slightly tweaked. Where are the wins coming from?
Are you trying to start a war DJ?

I know one forumite tht's going to freak out when he reads this, rock in the corner and then post 1000 postivie nothing articles whilst accusing us all of knowing nothing compared to his unnamed sources.

StPeter
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 28 Jan 2019 11:44am https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... b9f7376822

" 26. PADDY MCCARTIN FLOURISHING

Finally has himself at AFL standard fitness after a big off-season and a career-high 13 games last year. Few of us would know how hard it has been to juggle diabetes with repeated concussions."

Can someone copy this article and post it here for those of us that don't have digital access to the Herald-Sun.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Wed 30 Jan 2019 8:43pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Wed 30 Jan 2019 10:14am I honestly think people have some poor memories or rose coloured glasses on. Not being pessimistic but we were crap last year due to multiple factors including a poor conversion rate, no plan b, continually bombing into the 50 and only one quick mid. Thank god for Jack Steven.
So what has changed.

I know one forumite tht's going to freak out when he reads this, rock in the corner and then post 1000 postivie nothing articles whilst accusing us all of knowing nothing compared to his unnamed sources.
:lol: :lol: Not a troll here and I am happy to name my sources. I have two main ones that sit in my eye sockets. We are in a hole and we will get out but its going to take time plus if we don't have the catlle, play players out of position or not to their strengths (Lonie... and it hurts to type that as not a fan) then I don't think that a player after 4 odd years in now in good shape is enough to change our fortunes. Nor will playing Battle up back when we have
Logan, Brown, Carlisle Clavarino, Geary, Joyce, McKenzie, Newnes Paton Rice Roberton, Savage Webster, White & Wilkie so why the hell do we need to try a Forward who used to be a great shot at goal before Richo got to him. Why over recruit for backs only to not play them.

head hurts :?: :?: :?:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote: Wed 30 Jan 2019 10:38pm
skeptic wrote: Wed 30 Jan 2019 8:43pm
So what has changed.

:lol: :lol: Not a troll here and I am happy to name my sources. I have two main ones that sit in my eye sockets. We are in a hole and we will get out but its going to take time plus if we don't have the catlle, play players out of position or not to their strengths (Lonie... and it hurts to type that as not a fan) then I don't think that a player after 4 odd years in now in good shape is enough to change our fortunes. Nor will playing Battle up back when we have
Logan, Brown, Carlisle Clavarino, Geary, Joyce, McKenzie, Newnes Paton Rice Roberton, Savage Webster, White & Wilkie so why the hell do we need to try a Forward who used to be a great shot at goal before Richo got to him. Why over recruit for backs only to not play them.

head hurts :?: :?: :?:
You may think it's ok to post stuff that you observe with your eyes... but my sources tell me that that makes you an unfaithful, disloyal lesser supporter... the best supporters are the ones that have 'feelings' that everything is going to be ok.

Now excuse me while i close my eyes and think...
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean
calm blue ocean

mordiboyz
Club Player

The club are keeping him at a low profile at the moment. Not being mentioned too much in media releases etc.

Which is significantly pleasing.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

We have recruited a lot of backs, and we have an abundance of forwards.....oh that's right, the good teams have mid fielders.....oops..

Myron Gaines
Club Player

He’s lost size but still yet to look ripped like a pro sportsman. He looks like a vegan.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

It takes a while for the Irish lads to come good. And all the blarney about #1 pick plus chronic concussions is bound to give anyone the yips when taking a set shot - plus the vaudeville like conversion rate of others just cranks up the leprechauns in the head, you know. He just needs the club to play ok footy to create chances and look for him early; his ability will shine. Good on him for his persistence in the face of unusual injuries and hopefully the coaching staff can use him better than as a dummy defensive runner 80 plus metres from where he is dangerous. Let's say an ave. of 3 goals a game for 18 games, that's 54 for the season and fourth in the Coleman. Can't say fairer, to be sure.