Lose to the Blues, Cho must GO

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lose to the Blues, Cho must GO

Linton Lodger wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 7:27pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 7:11pm It’s 5 years of this, not just 5 weeks. Cmon.

Gotta be joking about Butterss, by the end he’d had that many nose beers he didn’t know whether he was Arthur or Martha, he ruined that for himself.
Actually last season was the first bad season in Richo's tenure, or are you going to be unreasonable and include 2014?

As for Butters, who cares about his private life? The only thing the supporters were worried about at the time was that we missed Finals and they hated Lyon's gameplan. His successors may have been Altar Boys, but unfortunately incompetent.
First bad season? Excuse me, but can you please point to the good ones he’s had??

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

ListManager wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 7:01pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 6:21pm Bolton has the worst win/loss ratio actually.
Not for long though. You watch Carlscum next year. They will rocket up the ladder and we will still be in the bottom 4.
What negative BS mate. Sorry.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
ListManager
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 7:38pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 6:21pm Bolton has the worst win/loss ratio actually.
Not for long though. You watch Carlscum next year. They will rocket up the ladder and we will still be in the bottom 4.
It's not negative at all. It is what I really believe. We have f***ed up our rebuild. Carlton have got theirs right...…...Simple.

NeXus Nick is back but where is Joffaboy????
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Is ours completely finished yet? We are now a 10 goal better side than the year Richo took over. We are getting there slowly.

Are you serious about Carlton? They have been rebuilding for 15 years. Lol. It's not simple. Notre Dame Cathedral will be rebuilt before Carlton's list.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
guitars4
Club Player

So is that any different to positive BS ?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

portosaint wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 6:41pm
Scollop wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 6:30pmI'm Con
No, I'm Con
I'm Con, and so is my wife.

saintadamski
Club Player

Another coach blaming thread.

I'm not in the Richo fan club, but our list is below average at best.
Our midfield is one of the worst in the competition.

We have recruited absolute duds like Kent, and persist with untalented players like Newnes year in, year out.

Today we played a team studded with stars... how could anyone be surprised at the result today??!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintadamski wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 12:41am Another coach blaming thread.

We have recruited absolute duds like Kent, and persist with untalented players like Newnes year in, year out.

Today we played a team studded with stars... how could anyone be surprised at the result today??!
I wasn't.

Saw the team player profiles posted on BigFooty, the Collingwood team have on average played over 120 games, St. Kilda 64, and their average age was 26 years 8 mnths, St. Kilda 24 years 2 months.

Both teams had a lot of players sitting the match out, but the games and experience differential is telling. At some point the buck does stop with the coach and our development of players has been extremely poor, you have to admit that. In less than 2 years the recruiter has gone, the list manager is gone, the president of the club is gone, we have a new CEO, and a lot of the assistants left last year. I don't see how we cannot look to the head coach now and ask the question.

I think he will stay on until at least the beginning of next season as we have a massive injury list to key, and some of our best, on field personnel and we still may win 3 of our next 4 matches which are very winnable, but I don't believe the head coach should avoid scrutiny after a capitulation like yesterday.

Remember, we were told that we were the fittest team in the league earlier in the year. Time to back it up.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
twirlyhair
Club Player

Precisely, although on Kent I think he is not a dud. Lets be honest Saints supporter, we don't have the cattle.....yet. We are desperate to get another two gun midfielders....like the pies have done. But lets face it, players want to go to Barcelona, Man City, etc etc because they are big clubs. We are not. We are a little club, not a destination club and we will always be up against it.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

ListManager wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 10:05pm
It's not negative at all. It is what I really believe. We have f***ed up our rebuild. Carlton have got theirs right...…...Simple.
That is so funny you should be a comedian!! Carlton got theirs right. What drugs are you taking?
Theyve been given a raft of number 1 picks because theyve been so s*** for the last 20 years. You need to get your face out of the manure and start smelling the roses.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
ListManager
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 10:53am
ListManager wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 10:05pm
That is so funny you should be a comedian!! Carlton got theirs right. What drugs are you taking?
Theyve been given a raft of number 1 picks because theyve been so s*** for the last 20 years. You need to get your face out of the manure and start smelling the roses.
You can be a smart arse if you like but I'm telling you, in the next year or so Carlton will rocket up the ladder. St kilda will remain in the bottom 4. And guess what? I despise Carlton as much as anyone on this site.

NeXus Nick is back but where is Joffaboy????
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 10:48am

Precisely, although on Kent I think he is not a dud. Lets be honest Saints supporter, we don't have the cattle.....yet. We are desperate to get another two gun midfielders....like the pies have done. But lets face it, players want to go to Barcelona, Man City, etc etc because they are big clubs. We are not. We are a little club, not a destination club and we will always be up against it.
Richo has had 5+ to get the cattle, so what we have now is his doing.

Another in a long list of Richo failures.

twirlyhair
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 12:56pm

No. Two ways to get players.
1. Draft. We have some success, some failures, some unknown s at this stage.
2. Get from other clubs. We have thrown the kitchen sink at good players at other clubs. They go to hawks pies and tigers. That's about it.

You can't possibly pin that on Richo.

P.s, your hatred to Richo is also blinding you to the fact that the inexperienced team we put out due to the players missing through injury is killing us. Not the coach. Have you ever coached? If you have, you would be very aware of the need to have your best available. I thought you would be smarter to think that one person makes a football club.
Last edited by twirlyhair on Sun 19 May 2019 1:41pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

What if we beat Carlton?

Call me crazy, but I think we have a good chance of winning that game.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

twirlyhair wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 1:30pm

2. Get from other clubs. We have thrown the kitchen sink at good players at other clubs. They go to hawks pies and tigers. That's about it.

P.s, your hatred to Richo is also blinding you to the fact that the inexperienced team we put out due to the players missing through injury is killing us. Not the coach. Have you ever coached? If you have, you would be very aware of the need to have your best available. I thought you would be smarter to think that one person makes a football club.
No, no, no...its Richo's fault. Everything is! 😂

Total = 1.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I can't even watch other games atm..Richo is destroying my love of the game.

until he goes we will tread water and the peanut gallery on here will continue to extol the virtues of mediocrity

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Richo is destroying my love of the game...lol. Geez Richo seems to have these really magical powers according to some on here. 🙄🙄🙄

Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 1:30pm

Are you saying the head coach and his vision doesn’t have a major influence on drafting?
Are you saying the head coach and his vision doesn’t have a major influence on trading?
Are you saying the head coach and his vision doesn’t have a major influence on luring players to the club?
Are you saying the head coach doesn’t have a major input on player development?

I would say no one at the club over the past 5 years has had more of a major input overall than Richo.

Seb, Acres, Dunstan, Billings, Savage, Steele, DMac, Sinclair, Kent, Membrey, Newnes, Brown and Bruce have all been in the system long enough to not use ‘inexperience’ as an excuse. And Wilkie, Marsh, Young and Parker are ‘mature age’ recruits who’ve all been around football a while also.

AND there’s a couple of experienced blokes running around in the 2s Richo could pick if he’s that concerned about it.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 1:49pm Richo is destroying my love of the game...lol. Geez Richo seems to have these really magical powers according to some on here. 🙄🙄🙄
maybe so...but I think the major problem is that some on here think that everything will just get better magically without change..it's these type of supporters I believe are damaging to the club..

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

There were massive changes in the off season which was wanted by every supporter.

Damaging to the club...more magical fairy stuff.

Total = 1.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 2:33pm There were massive changes in the off season which was wanted by every supporter.

Damaging to the club...more magical fairy stuff.
again you seem happy with the way things are going, Richo is a poor coach who can't adapt during a game yet you think he's ok ... I'm talking about real changes. Maybe if you could go follow Collingwood and drag them down I'd be a happy man :)

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

You're dreaming if you just think sacking Richo will solve everything. Its nonsense and simplistic.

Total = 1.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 2:53pm You're dreaming if you just think sacking Richo will solve everything. Its nonsense and simplistic.
better than sitting on your hands and waiting for a miracle..affirmative action is needed.

Thinking like yours keeps a club down.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The big big broom that tony74 spoke about in June last year never eventuated. He specifically mentioned that the changes would include the coach and not just assistants

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95579&hilit=accountable#p1735094

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Its going to be a battle of the titans; Bolton v Richardson. The pre game trash talking is going to be a show in itself. Guarded Vague Understatement vs Tired Meaningless Cliché. Press will just use the quotes for headlines.