Fortius Quo Nepotismo?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Fortius Quo Nepotismo?

ss1986 wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 11:53am
magnifisaint wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 11:42am
ss1986 wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 10:27pm Jon Ralph: “As we know, Brad Scott is close mates with Simon Lethlean and could be on his way to the Saints”.

(McLachlan) - Finnis, Lethlean, Hannebery, B.Scott.

That’d be quite a feat to extract A$2m+ a year from this club for chronic underperformers.

No wonder they’ll never see a dime of my money.

If this happens... I’m out once and for all.
Jusy say he won a premiership at the Saints. Would you come back?
I think that the club's success needs to be viewed holistically - a premiership would of course represent the holy grail - but I want to see our club administered successfully, adhering to good governance practices, making quality decisions, and setting us up for SUSTAINED success.

Recent decision making processes demonstrate anything but.

And I'd challenge anyone to tell me otherwise. I'll never stop supporting anyone wanting the best for the club - not themselves.
"Recent decision making processes demonstrate anything but".

Particulars?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

It's the promise of St Kilda.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
asiu
Saintsational Legend

shostack was a Caaaarlton plant

is that rumour even true ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

asiu wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 12:51pm shostack was a Caaaarlton plant

is that rumour even true ?
Or was it the Chemist Warehouse people? Crack, dynamic, up and coming business elite.

Just got bent over by the NUW (Union) in a massive way. Looks like they weren't paying staff properly and faced a prosecution that would have liquidated them.

Cashed up, dynamic new breed? Or a pack of coked up, incompetent, dreamers, heading for a massive crash?

HighettMan
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 12:05pm
ss1986 wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 12:34am
satchmo wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 12:28am
ss1986 wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 12:13am
Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 11:22pm
ss1986 wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 10:27pm Jon Ralph: “As we know, Brad Scott is close mates with Simon Lethlean and could be on his way to the Saints”.

That’d be quite a feat to extract A$2m+ a year from this club for chronic underperformers.

If they’ll never see a dime ($0.10 cents if you are Aussie) of your money, what will you actually be removing when you are out once and for all?

- Your contribution to on line forums?
- Your bid to form a new Board?
- Your bitching & moaning?

What exactly will the club be missing out on?
I’ll be taking my conscience and be able to sleep at night the day they nail boards onto the doors and send us to Tasmania - knowing that at least I wasn’t a pushover, willing to sit by and watch our club be robbed of its heart, soul and money.
So you're not a member, and don't support anything that the club is doing...
100% accurate. I will never directly facilitate this current administration. You people have a warped perception that unless you are a member, you aren’t a “real” supporter. a) It’s offensive to those that economically can’t and b) I watch on TV, which is the primary revenue driver for the club no doubt. So I contribute indirectly.
"I will never directly facilitate this current administration"

What on earth does this sentence mean?
I think it's an accounting term to describe indirect facilitation of an administration through free to air TV viewing.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
asiu
Saintsational Legend

"Recent decision making processes demonstrate anything but".
Reality #2 it would seem

poor buggers won’t even be able to afford a Membership

it’s a jungle out there LL

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

HighettMan wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 1:05pm

If they’ll never see a dime ($0.10 cents if you are Aussie) of your money, what will you actually be removing when you are out once and for all?

I’ll be taking my conscience and be able to sleep at night the day they nail boards onto the doors and send us to Tasmania - knowing that at least I wasn’t a pushover, willing to sit by and watch our club be robbed of its heart, soul and money.
100% accurate. I will never directly facilitate this current administration. You people have a warped perception that unless you are a member, you aren’t a “real” supporter. a) It’s offensive to those that economically can’t and b) I watch on TV, which is the primary revenue driver for the club no doubt. So I contribute indirectly.

I think it's an accounting term to describe indirect facilitation of an administration through free to air TV viewing.
Oh I see. Secret Accountants' Business.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

It's called delusions of grandeur and importance Linters. Fact is, the ST KFC will keep turning with or without such so called supporters.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
HighettMan
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 1:10pm
HighettMan wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 1:05pm

Oh I see. Secret Accountants' Business.
Well that's the beauty of indirect administration facilitation, it's all secretly done in the privacy of your home in front of a TV.

No one has to know you are indirectly facilitating.
Last edited by HighettMan on Sun 26 May 2019 8:05am, edited 1 time in total.

ss1986
Club Player

No worries 👍 Keep your heads in the sand.... it’s going really well.

Material Uncertainty Related to Going Concern

We draw attention to Note 1(b) in the financial statements, which indicates that, as at 31 October 2018, the Group’s current liabilities exceeded its current assets by $10,287,306. As stated in Note 1(b), these events or conditions, along with other matters as set forth in Note 1(b), indicate that a material uncertainty exists that may cast significant doubt on the Group’s ability to continue as a going concern. Our opinion is not modified in respect of this matter.

I’m out of here.

HighettMan
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 1:43pm No worries 👍 Keep your heads in the sand.... it’s going really well.

Material Uncertainty Related to Going Concern

We draw attention to Note 1(b) in the financial statements, which indicates that, as at 31 October 2018, the Group’s current liabilities exceeded its current assets by $10,287,306. As stated in Note 1(b), these events or conditions, along with other matters as set forth in Note 1(b), indicate that a material uncertainty exists that may cast significant doubt on the Group’s ability to continue as a going concern. Our opinion is not modified in respect of this matter.

I’m out of here.
So no more indirect facilitation?

Can you at least advise on which club we should move our support to based on your best accounting knowledge of the options in the market place.

Not that I'm in the market yet but it's always good to keep an eye on possible options just in case an investment opportunity pops up that is too good to pass on.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Let me know if you want Eddie's phone n number?

Seeya
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Eddie is hiring a new accountant apparently. They need help in their canteen section. I know just the man. 😊

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
ss1986
Club Player

facilitate
verb [ T ] UK /fəˈsɪlɪteɪt/ US

to help people deal with a process or reach an agreement or solution without getting directly involved in the process, discussion, etc. yourself:

<abuse removed>

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i resemble that statement

my work is done.

HighettMan
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 2:16pm facilitate

to help people deal with a process or reach an agreement or solution without getting directly involved in the process, discussion, etc. yourself:

Dickheads
I'm no accountant but it makes complete sense to me. Watch games on TV to help the club. You can't learn this stuff at Uni.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Have been staying out of this type of discussion as of late because i don't want the flaming that will no doubt come from this... but I don't think it's much of a debate regarding whether or not we're doing well at the moment. SS1986 kind of has a point here...

- Looking to miss out of finals for the 8th straight season and trending downwards
- Statistically one of the worst performed coaches in our history
- No clear game plan after 5 years
- Horribly unbalanced list with only 3 rucks, an abundance of slower mids with poorer skills, forward pockets and HBFs
- Free agents from other clubs rejecting offers of (if to be believed) of $100k+ to play with us
- Close to the highest debt any club has ever had
- Complete removal from marquee games and high visibility time slots
- Selling home games to Shanghai now after the NZ failure and walking out on Tassie
- Opposition fans that seem to pity us as opposed to hate

What exactly are we doing well at currently?

ss1986
Club Player

HighettMan wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 2:56pm

Dickheads
I'm no accountant but it makes complete sense to me. Watch games on TV to help the club. You can't learn this stuff at Uni.
Let me spell it out for you and the other total dills that don’t understand the concept;

Remember when they took Good Friday off us after we embarrassed ourselves, and by extension, the AFL ? That’s because it was TELEVISED.... Television rights represent almost 50% of our total revenue, and more than twice the amount of YOUR membership fees bring in.

Put on a s*** product- less viewers- less TV rights distribution, and less $$$$ for us.... and so it goes and we circle the drain.

It’s the economy stupid.

ss1986
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 3:22pm Have been staying out of this type of discussion as of late because i don't want the flaming that will no doubt come from this... but I don't think it's much of a debate regarding whether or not we're doing well at the moment. SS1986 kind of has a point here...

- Looking to miss out of finals for the 8th straight season and trending downwards
- Horribly unbalanced list with only 3 rucks, an abundance of slower mids with poorer skills, forward pockets and HBFs
- Free agents from other clubs rejecting offers of (if to be believed) of $100k+ to play with us
- Selling home games to Shanghai now after the NZ failure and walking out on Tassie

Thank you skeptic.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

It’s intetesting how the administration defenders have very quickly moved on from their “I told you so” posts and back to their “real supporter” arguments.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
HighettMan
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 3:52pm
HighettMan wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 2:56pm

Dickheads
Let me spell it out for you and the other total dills that don’t understand the concept;

Remember when they took Good Friday off us after we embarrassed ourselves, and by extension, the AFL ? That’s because it was TELEVISED.... Television rights represent almost 50% of our total revenue, and more than twice the amount of YOUR membership fees bring in.

Put on a s*** product- less viewers- less TV rights distribution, and less $$$$ for us.... and so it goes and we circle the drain.

It’s the economy stupid.
It's tightly squeezed butt cheeks, it's the economy, it's the vibe.

HighettMan
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 3:54pm
skeptic wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 3:22pm Have been staying out of this type of discussion as of late because i don't want the flaming that will no doubt come from this... but I don't think it's much of a debate regarding whether or not we're doing well at the moment. SS1986 kind of has a point here...

Thank you skeptic.
No, he's probably thanking you, he's been waiting for someone like you to come along.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 5:15pm

It’s intetesting how the administration defenders have very quickly moved on from their “I told you so” posts and back to their “real supporter” arguments.
Who are these "administration defenders" that you find so "intetesting"?

I find it odd that someone that claims they are not a member of the club, doesn't go to games, doesn't care if the club relocates to Tasmania, doesn't support the club, and is threatening to switch off their TV in a protest against everything the club is currently doing, would bother to come here and tell us we are dickheads.

Why would someone lose their s*** over something that they tell us they have no interest in?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
HighettMan
Club Player

satchmo wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 6:34pm
SydneySainter wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 5:15pm

Who are these "administration defenders" that you find so "intetesting"?

I find it odd that someone that claims they are not a member of the club, doesn't go to games, doesn't care if the club relocates to Tasmania, doesn't support the club, and is threatening to switch off their TV in a protest against everything the club is currently doing, would bother to come here and tell us we are dickheads.

Why would someone lose their s*** over something that they tell us they have no interest in?
I know, isn't the internet a fascinating place. I think it's a process of indirectly facilitating support for his recently proposed board coup.