Hanners out langlan in

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hanners out langlan in

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 05 Jul 2019 8:31pm As AR sees the writing on the wall getting larger he seems to be getting more bloody minded. Can't be long now.
Yep, seems like a big F you to the club. Doesn't seem like he actually want improvement or to see what the kids can offer.

Special
Club Player

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out Cho

stkfc1
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 05 Jul 2019 9:54pm
Yorkeys wrote: Fri 05 Jul 2019 8:31pm As AR sees the writing on the wall getting larger he seems to be getting more bloody minded. Can't be long now.
Yep, seems like a big F you to the club. Doesn't seem like he actually want improvement or to see what the kids can offer.
Which begs the question. WTF is the board doing about it? Surely, if they want the club to start moving in the right direction, like the rest of us they must be scratching their heads about these kind of desicions! We are completely rudderless at the moment. A big broom needs to go through the whole club. Not just in the coaching dept.

saintkid
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Fri 05 Jul 2019 9:24pm
saintkid wrote: Fri 05 Jul 2019 9:16pm Trading away pick 12 in 2012 for Tom Lee (who Bains and Elshaug claimed was a gun forward) was a bad one too.
That wasn’t the trade.
I just checked. It was pick 12 we traded away for Lee to GWS and in turn received picks 24 and 43.

Kick-it-lace-out
Club Player

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Fri 05 Jul 2019 6:43pm I can't wait until this season is over.
+1

ss1986
Club Player

Viking3 wrote: Fri 05 Jul 2019 9:52pm I love the amount of posters on here that have a better knowledge of who should be in and who should be out.
I’m not talking about those who would like to see a particular inclusion, I’m referring to those that truly believe that they know better. :roll:
Well, when those supposed einsteins at the club that are paid to KNOW better are doing a pretty fking good job of proving they’re NO better, I think its fair to say our uninformed opinions couldn’t lead to any worse of a result.

ss1986
Club Player

stkfc1 wrote: Fri 05 Jul 2019 10:03pm
Which begs the question. WTF is the board doing about it? Surely, if they want the club to start moving in the right direction, like the rest of us they must be scratching their heads about these kind of desicions! We are completely rudderless at the moment. A big broom needs to go through the whole club. Not just in the coaching dept.
Every week this goes on, takes the shine off this supposed white knight Bassat.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

ss1986 wrote: Fri 05 Jul 2019 11:17pm
stkfc1 wrote: Fri 05 Jul 2019 10:03pm
Every week this goes on, takes the shine off this supposed white knight Bassat.
He’s entirely hamstrung by the optics of a $12M debt. And Finnis’ ridiculous 2yr extension. As soon as he can punt him without financial implication .. he will.

Go you red, black & white warriors
StPeter
Club Player

White needs to get his hands on those photos that Newnes must have locked away and temporally mislaid last week.

It may be his only chance of getting another game.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Hanners out langlan in

saintkid wrote:
kosifantutti wrote: Fri 05 Jul 2019 9:24pm
saintkid wrote: Fri 05 Jul 2019 9:16pm Trading away pick 12 in 2012 for Tom Lee (who Bains and Elshaug claimed was a gun forward) was a bad one too.
That wasn’t the trade.
I just checked. It was pick 12 we traded away for Lee to GWS and in turn received picks 24 and 43.
So it wasn’t just pick 12 for Lee.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

On the OP, I was disappointed Langlands wasn’t given a run this week.

Only seen him on TV but he looks to have a bit more upside than Phillips and a bit harder than Paton.

I think Newnes could have survived another run at Sandy and Langlands tried out.

He’s had very good reports from Sammy and has some leg speed.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Laurie
Club Player

Hanners recruiting was never going to work with his history of injuries and the battering his body has had over the years.
Our recruiting dept.alongwith Finnis Lethlean need to be held accountable for such a woeful choice in recruiting.
Next we will be told that he will not be playing again this year ro get his body right for round 1.
As long as these Ex AFL cronies are in charge our club is doomed
I will say it again it is a BOYS CLUB down at St.Kilda.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Agreed. Love the fact he’s managed this week, the club provides the marketing spiel etc etc and then you can almost 100% guarantee he is out next week with a 1-2 weeks soreness injury and no further context from the club

#1 Ryder fan
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I guess Brown will come in next week when Carlisle is managed. Possibly even a late change tomorrow if they really want to give merit to this "management" of long term injured players.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

If he was always going to be managed, why did they name him in the starting line up in the first place?

🤔

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2019 11:37am If he was always going to be managed, why did they name him in the starting line up in the first place?

🤔
Great question!

Surely he would not have been selected if there was said management plan in place.

Obviously pulled up very sore and requires a break.

Two games thus far from a reported $800k player who has not been injured on the battlefield for the club.

It can only get better from here!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Doulton is close, going ok, but not awesome or demanding selection. With a really young team lacking experience Newnes after getting a wake up call was the right selection to replace Dan on the wing.

If Hunter, Coffield or Paton went out, Doulton would have come in.

BTW
Let’s not overrate him because his not getting a game, like we do with White.
Reminds me of Tommy Walsh or Tom Ledger

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2019 1:42am
He’s entirely hamstrung by the optics of a $12M debt. And Finnis’ ridiculous 2yr extension. As soon as he can punt him without financial implication .. he will.

That plus the clause in Richo's contract on winning a final this year as a trigger. This means exiting him now would be extremely expensive as they would have to pay him out as if he had of achieved the trigger.

This means that the club cannot announce that he is going until it is mathematically impossible that we cannot make the 8, and this would with the current ladder going to take some time to occur.

This "Dead Man Walking" situation is a most unhealthy state to be in.

I am troubled though if Scott becomes the replacement. I just see that as continuing the "death roll".

We need a new coach who does not have the stink of failure about him.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stkfc1
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2019 1:00pm

That plus the clause in Richo's contract on winning a final this year as a trigger. This means exiting him now would be extremely expensive as they would have to pay him out as if he had of achieved the trigger.

This means that the club cannot announce that he is going until it is mathematically impossible that we cannot make the 8, and this would with the current ladder going to take some time to occur.

I am troubled though if Scott becomes the replacement. I just see that as continuing the "death roll".

Well explained. Finnis has put us in a terrible situation. He should vacate when we can finally let Richo go.

Whole heartedly agree on BS also.

ss1986
Club Player

stkfc1 wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2019 1:43pm
saintsRrising wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2019 1:00pm

Well explained. Finnis has put us in a terrible situation. He should vacate when we can finally let Richo go.

Whole heartedly agree on BS also.
I get it, but the least he could do is make some noise for us supporters to give us some light.

And I am sure it would cost nothing to relieve Mr Finnis of his duties immediately.... which arguably should have happened at the end of last season.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2019 1:43pm
Well explained. Finnis has put us in a terrible situation.

Yes both he and "Winters".

"Winters"= Mistaking a nice bloke for the right bloke
Finnis = Wanting a pliable coach

Not long after Richo started I went to a club briefing when he spoke. I was troubled at the time as it was clear from what he said that he had no real say.

Now a head coach should not have all the say, but my belief is that he arrived at the club as puppet rather than a true head coach.

If you nail a guy in a coffin before he arrives then the result should not surprise. Having said that Richo willingly climbed in knowing the constraints.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 06 Jul 2019 4:09pm, edited 3 times in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2019 1:50pm
I get it, but the least he could do is make some noise for us supporters to give us some light.
If you "got it" you would understand that club can say nothing publicly about Richo going/possibly going beyond what Lethlean already has said which is that Richo has the win a finals clause in his contract.

If the club made some noise that he was going it would give Richo legal grounds.

ss1986
Club Player

I didnt refer to Lethlean - I specifically referred to our President, who as far as I am aware, has said nothing all year - on anything!

Be presidential ffs.

Rubyjo
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2019 7:45am On the OP, I was disappointed Langlands wasn’t given a run this week.

Only seen him on TV but he looks to have a bit more upside than Phillips and a bit harder than Paton.

I think Newnes could have survived another run at Sandy and Langlands tried out.

He’s had very good reports from Sammy and has some leg speed.
Some one told me Langlands was in the squad.. Yes disappointing.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Sat 06 Jul 2019 2:00pm I didnt refer to Lethlean - I specifically referred to our President, who as far as I am aware, has said nothing all year - on anything!

Be presidential ffs.
As I said. I doubt you get it.

Personally I believe that our new President is burning inside, but he knows that public utterances of the type you seek would do nothing. Indeed they would be destructive.

My hope is that he is doing his best to secure a good new coach behind the scenes. If this turns out to be Scott then I will cease to have faith in our new President.