Let's. Face it something stinks about Steven.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Re: Let's. Face it something stinks about Steven.

As soon as Jack gets to the Cattery he will be fine.
He will play 3 very handy years for them and fit in perfectly.
We have paid him 8- 900k this year for nothing, which along with Hannaberry's 800k for his Hamstring Awareness Fund, is a pretty big chunk of the salary cap.

As much as we have loved Jack S as a Saints player, if he wants out to Geelong, he needs to show his worth in the last few games and bump his value up.

Nee!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Tue 06 Aug 2019 9:13pm
Enrico_Misso wrote: Tue 06 Aug 2019 9:11pm The whole thing is fishy.
Sounds like he wants out and has spat the dummy.
And now is playing games with us.

But as an AA player we should stand our ground and call his bluff to make sure we get proper compensation.

If we don't get offered adequate compensation we should block his exit.
But if we can get good compensation then show him the door.
Some one sees it its been Freaking fake mental health and I'm furious he could use that what a faker.. He's out no longer a Saint..
You should be banned for this rubbish and offensive post.

Steven like many other players can leave for absolutely no reason as is their right.

Same with Enrico. It’s embarrassing.

Whatever he is putting up with, it’s a shame how some just can’t respect it without judgement.

Not a Saint? This bloke has won 4 best and fairests with what, zero finals? He doesn’t need to fake a reason to leave.

dalboy
Club Player

Yep, lots of very ordinary comments here!!

Happiness is a warm pie!
Vazelos
Club Player

When players leave I get over them pretty quickly but I have been told with good authority he was a mess this year. There was no fake mental health created to get out of St Kilda I can assure you.
Steven have his best years at a time when the club made a forced rebuild by forcing out legends and star players for early draft picks and the planned window didn’t eventuate and now he is 30 staring at his football mortality and is happiest in Lorne where he has a chook farm and Geelong are interested.
I don’t begrudge him if he leaves I got over Plugger leaving we will recover from him going as long as the club gets a good deal.
If Brad Hill and a few others come in Steven will will be covered. We already sort of lost him this year he has hardly played.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

If he stays and dominates there will be some very embarrassed forumites on here.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

There are some completely offensive and uneducated posts (including obviously the op) here

A great Saint if he stays and still a great Saint if he goes

More importantly his life is ok

Fqf

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
spert
Saintsational Legend

We've had a lot of good years from Jack, but the club has had little success in recent years. He is late in his 20s now, so if he wants a change of scene then that's understandable.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 06 Aug 2019 11:39pm We’ll get very little for him
If they are genuinely offering Charlie Constable then it’s a no brainer. And we’ll get even less for him at the end of next year.

barneyboyz
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2019 10:54am There are some completely offensive and uneducated posts (including obviously the op) here

Fqf
Every club has got them, 'offensive and uneducated' supporters that is. Look, I get the angst, which has been whipped up pretty much by the also offensive and uneducated media, and there may be some truth to it??? but at this stage, Jack is trying to come back from an extremely difficult period, health wise or other, and it just may be that he goes. We all move on

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
outside66
Club Player

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we should have let him go last year. What's the point in having someone stay when they clearly don't want to be around. Would have saved us a bucketload of cash and we would've got a lot more from Geelong then we will now. He's been a champ for us and he's earnt the right to go somewhere else that will (hopefully) make him happier.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I’m not sure Steven would be a walk up start for more than a season at Geelong. He’ll definitely be more motivated and I wouldn’t be surprised if the mental stuff magically lifts.

However, he knows that’s as a four time b & f that staying a one club player would have extremely handsome benefits especially if say, he took a year out, came back ala Tim Watson at 31, starred, then called it a day, moved to Geelong as an Assistant Coach, living the life at Torquay.

So it’s a risk. At his best I can see him running alongside Duncan etc., but any less and he might be a fringe player.

Still a star of course. I wonder how he arrived at this point?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

terry smith rules wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2019 10:54am There are some completely offensive and uneducated posts (including obviously the op) here

Well said.

I think Jack is irretrievably, gone, I hope we get something decent in return, but to suggest that he's been "faking it" just boggles the mind.

Will always be a great Saint, regardless.

Always loyal