Stuv to take Ablett’s spot

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Re: Stuv to take Ablett’s spot

bigcarl wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:01pm
sainters85 wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 7:57pm if it wasn't for last year I doubt he'd be wanting to leave. Has barely tasted success in his career at the saints.
How horrible for him if him joining Geelong coincided with a downward spiral for the Cats while Saints were on the up.
yes
He's a good player , the cats would love to have him
But most of their best players next year will be 30+ next year .There's no talk of any of them retiring this year .So adding jack to the list would probably make it the oldest list next year .

In red white and black from 73
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Ablett will play next year

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

To the top wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:20pm At what age would you anticipate he would retire - then able to return to Loren on a full time basis for the rest of his life, so maybe another 60 years or more?

Further, given the demographic of Geelong’s List with their core all either at or older than 30, their demise is imminent which will put further pressure on continuing to play 30 year plus players

At St Kilda he will be the only 30 year plus player - until Hannebery turns 30

Spot the difference

When Ablett goes out of the door it is bye, bye Geelong because others will follow including because they are slipping down the ladder

The straight sets elimination last season was telling - as are the losses away from Geelong
True.

Personally I can’t wait for them to have to play the Tigers on the MCG and get slaughtered in week one. Then watch them choke in week 2

Go you red, black & white warriors
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 5:28pm Can't he stay?

Of course he can. But that is not the question.

The question is can he change his mind about wanting to go.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 7:53pm Would still entertain a quality young player in return....I.e Constable plus another player or second rounder. If he went for a first round pick I dont reckon it’s enough for us. A pick in the teens is a lottery. They all are to some extent, but a pick outside the top ten is too much of a lottery to compensate for a player like Stuv.
I still want him to stay but I would accept the above offer

supersaints2
Club Player

Stuv looked fatter than plugger... but he can play... do your best to keep him Saints... What chance a second round pick will turn into a club champion... ? Not much chance If he wants to go to the Pussycats , let him go but make them pay... what do you think they would ask for their best player?

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I caught the ABC interview dunstan after the game spoke alot about what has gone through and asked this exact question
Only mentioned that he has played with Steven for 6 years and would love to continue
Would have felt a bit more confident if he said my gut feeling is he will stay

Seeya
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

damienc wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 5:27pm
Special wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 5:17pm How good was our little maestro in his Geelong small forward 2020 audition?

Surely with a bit more match fitness he is worth pick 20isn
I know we have to let him go but he will be a serious loss. He was magnificent today.
Actually we don’t have to let him go.
He is still contracted. Both he and the club could have a great year next year and he may change his mind if he starts enjoying his footy.

After today’s game, I would only let him go if Geelong want to pay overs.

He could win us a game or 2 next year off his own boot that could help get us into finals next year.
I know we could lose him the following year for not much, but a mid 20s pick in this years weak draft won’t win us games next year and may never win us a game off his own boot.

#1moreyear

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

What about Geelong’s form?

Block Tim Kelly from moving home, then try to poach one of our best players - a contracted player no less - on the grounds that he’ll be closer to home.

Okay when it suits them. Smacks of double standards.

Special
Club Player

To the top wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 8:20pm At what age would you anticipate he would retire - then able to return to Loren on a full time basis for the rest of his life, so maybe another 60 years or more?

Further, given the demographic of Geelong’s List with their core all either at or older than 30, their demise is imminent which will put further pressure on continuing to play 30 year plus players

At St Kilda he will be the only 30 year plus player - until Hannebery turns 30

Spot the difference

When Ablett goes out of the door it is bye, bye Geelong because others will follow including because they are slipping down the ladder

The straight sets elimination last season was telling - as are the losses away from Geelong
Geelong failing in finals is a joy to watch.

Wouldn’t it be great to see it this year also??

We can only hope

The Recruit
Club Player

Anything short of 2 first round picks doesn’t get the trade done. Jack should stay and if the cats want him they need to cough up. If thaey don’t, he is contracted and will be a saint for 2020. Another year the aging cats can’t afford to lose.

I say sign Jack to 2023. Gun and loved. f*** the cats

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 10:12pm What about Geelong’s form?

Block Tim Kelly from moving home, then try to poach one of our best players - a contracted player no less - on the grounds that he’ll be closer to home.

Okay when it suits them. Smacks of double standards.
Geelong's poaching attempt of Stuv last year nearly led to an on air barney between that Kraeh s*** and Richo on 360. If looks could kill. :evil: