Plenty of changes still to come

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: Plenty of changes still to come

Rubyjo wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 1:27am Take it for what it's worth probably not much.. Westerbulldogs site on BF are stating they are into a small forward from St Kilda big time.. They are hoping its Lonie and not Long.. No one ovee there rates Long at all.
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent

I’ll bet it’s Lonie.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I wish they’d stop talking to our contracted players.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
takeaway
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 8:56am
takeaway wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 8:43am
The Fireman wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 7:54am
evo wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 12:57am
The Fireman wrote: Thu 26 Sep 2019 4:09pm
johnnyrayflamingo wrote: Thu 26 Sep 2019 12:59pm
skeptic wrote: Thu 26 Sep 2019 12:21pm Bit of a nothing article really. No new info at all. Glad I didn’t pay money for it
Why comment then?
glad this goose is gone again....anyway I like the way Ratts is going about it and I reckon with a decent midfield membrey could kick a 100. This is the type of talk that gets the interest up for the coming season.

PS I'm sure your reading this knuckle head..don't come back.
Plying his trade on big footy....for now.
they can have him :)
Telling everyone over there how toxic it is here lol. and how he left on his own accord. When told he was banned he replied. ...

Was I?
Oh well...news to me :lol:
Ah, Firey, you must miss him. Going over to BF and searching for his posts. Perhaps you could help this forum by giving us ongoing updates ...... bit short of decent news on here at the moment. Tks
lol was just making sure he was there and not coming back here :) and I won't miss him because I have you :)
Aw... that's so nice. Thanks :o

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 9:13am
skeptic wrote: Thu 26 Sep 2019 12:21pm Bit of a nothing article really. No new info at all. Glad I didn’t pay money for it
Why comment then?
glad this goose is gone again....anyway I like the way Ratts is going about it and I reckon with a decent midfield membrey could kick a 100. This is the type of talk that gets the interest up for the coming season.

Telling everyone over there how toxic it is here lol. and how he left on his own accord. When told he was banned he replied. ...

Was I?
Ah, Firey, you must miss him. Going over to BF and searching for his posts. Perhaps you could help this forum by giving us ongoing updates ...... bit short of decent news on here at the moment. Tks
lol was just making sure he was there and not coming back here :) and I won't miss him because I have you :)
Can I join in the group hug? 🤗

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 10:03am
Why comment then?

Was I?
why not..it's such a lovely place here now :)

takeaway
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 10:31am
Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 10:03am
Why comment then?

Was I?
why not..it's such a lovely place here now :)
Fine with me. I'm not coming to the AGM though.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Rubyjo wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 1:27am Take it for what it's worth probably not much.. Westerbulldogs site on BF are stating they are into a small forward from St Kilda big time.. They are hoping its Lonie and not Long.. No one ovee there rates Long at all.
Interesting. I've always said we should have picked Caleb Daniels, as we indicated we would, instead of Lonie (whom we took about nine picks earlier). Would be interesting if they both end up at the Bulldogs.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 28 Sep 2019 8:57am
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent
Please be Kent

I’ll bet it’s Lonie.
I’m hoping it’s Lonie

gringo
Saintsational Legend

A new Big Footy poster that claims some inside knowledge reckons we are still trying to trade our Carlisle this year and he'll be gone if a good deal can be raised. Said we are trying to "work out who's been naughty and who's been nice". He says he won't see out his contract or at least won't be there after his contract ends. I don't know what the club is up to but they are making some seriously risky moves. Gresham also shopped around according to a source as well. The Carlisle trade is starting o not look as good any more. I thought Gresham and Carlisle was one of our rare draft/trade wins in the last 5 years. Apparently the club thinks Gresham is lazy and doesn't have the drive to ever push himself beyond an okay player.

God I hope they know what they are doing.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

I'm joining the conspiracy theorists - current coach and management determined to undermine our progress and ensure we're out of contention for at least another 10 years.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote: Sun 29 Sep 2019 12:28pm A new Big Footy poster that claims some inside knowledge reckons we are still trying to trade our Carlisle this year and he'll be gone if a good deal can be raised. Said we are trying to "work out who's been naughty and who's been nice". He says he won't see out his contract or at least won't be there after his contract ends. I don't know what the club is up to but they are making some seriously risky moves. Gresham also shopped around according to a source as well. The Carlisle trade is starting o not look as good any more. I thought Gresham and Carlisle was one of our rare draft/trade wins in the last 5 years. Apparently the club thinks Gresham is lazy and doesn't have the drive to ever push himself beyond an okay player.

was it ted ?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 29 Sep 2019 1:00pm
gringo wrote: Sun 29 Sep 2019 12:28pm A new Big Footy poster that claims some inside knowledge reckons we are still trying to trade our Carlisle this year and he'll be gone if a good deal can be raised. Said we are trying to "work out who's been naughty and who's been nice". He says he won't see out his contract or at least won't be there after his contract ends. I don't know what the club is up to but they are making some seriously risky moves. Gresham also shopped around according to a source as well. The Carlisle trade is starting o not look as good any more. I thought Gresham and Carlisle was one of our rare draft/trade wins in the last 5 years. Apparently the club thinks Gresham is lazy and doesn't have the drive to ever push himself beyond an okay player.

was it ted ?

Is that the flamingo guy? No. It was a guy calling himself Significantly Saints or something, he seems to sound like he's got an ear to the ground there. Sometimes I think the club sends a club person on to soften attitudes by letting out the plan before it happens. Another guy on there is pretty happy to let people know who he is and is a business man with links inside the club. He let us know about Bruce before it made the media and he was suggesting Gresham was on the table for overs.

Flamingo man seem to be on his best behaviour over there. I haven't been around on SS much so only read the post drama stuff so don't know what he did wrong but he sounds saner than I am the way he's posting.

Crossy66
Club Player

must admit that after the past two seasons, I have little attachment to anyone on the saints list, so not concerned who is part of discussions.
We have accumulated alot of similiar level players. I.e. we have an even team of b's but none have turned into A's.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Crossy66 wrote: Sun 29 Sep 2019 1:41pm must admit that after the past two seasons, I have little attachment to anyone on the saints list, so not concerned who is part of discussions.
We have accumulated alot of similiar level players. I.e. we have an even team of b's but none have turned into A's.

That's true, Gresham seems to have been ordinary away from goals. He was one of our few match winners in the couple of years before that. There seems to be a few hints that the club thinks attitudes or off field stuff needs to be stamped out. If so I haven't ever heard anything negative about any player doing the rounds.

I personally would put Gresham in the untouchables list. Carlisle is a massive risk with no-one to replace him and Brown at the end as well. I can see some logic in it, his body has been knocked around and he may still hold value.

axcellence
Club Player

Crossy66 wrote: Sun 29 Sep 2019 1:41pm must admit that after the past two seasons, I have little attachment to anyone on the saints list, so not concerned who is part of discussions.

IKR

After seeing the Grand Final, I realise that this team/list is a fair way off.

Maybe we should have a drinks party that lasts for 5 years. We can then check the scores at the five year mark to see if something has happened. If not, another 5 year party - here we come!

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

We'd be nuts to trade Lonie or Long and I don't believe we will.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Sun 29 Sep 2019 2:15pm We'd be nuts to trade Lonie or Long and I don't believe we will.
Some one had suggested that the Dogs want one of our small forwards, Is that what you're referring to? I think people have mentioned everyone from those two to Parker. Also mentioned Mc Kenzie and Paton available. I think a small forward is probably what the Dogs want thrown in with Bruce to get pick 12.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The club just reeks of indecision and poor planning

There’s this weird inability to go after what they want but instead to recruit the same type of player and try to turn him into something he’s not.

Gresh is the latest in a long line of players that actually appeared to be good at an aspect of the game we struggled in... kicking goals. Making something out of nothing.
So we try to turn him into a midfielder... even though it’s very clear that his high energy bursts are his major weapon we move away from that to turn him into something he’s not and recruit more forward pockets.

Gresh, Lonie, Parker, Kent, Long... I mean how many do we really need on the list.

Pick your key ones and a reserve then recruit what you actually need.

Same with HBF types

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Long is a work in progress..keeper

Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

Keep Long.

Lonie, I love so much about his game but he can't kick the ball more than 40m and is very one sided.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote: Sun 29 Sep 2019 1:41pm

was it ted ?

Is that the flamingo guy? No. It was a guy calling himself Significantly Saints or something, he seems to sound like he's got an ear to the ground there. Sometimes I think the club sends a club person on to soften attitudes by letting out the plan before it happens. Another guy on there is pretty happy to let people know who he is and is a business man with links inside the club. He let us know about Bruce before it made the media and he was suggesting Gresham was on the table for overs.

Flamingo man seem to be on his best behaviour over there. I haven't been around on SS much so only read the post drama stuff so don't know what he did wrong but he sounds saner than I am the way he's posting.
cool, and you are right about the flamingo man, seems to be on his best behavior , if he gets banned from there he'll have no where to go.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote: Sun 29 Sep 2019 1:41pm It was a guy calling himself Significantly Saints or something, he seems to sound like he's got an ear to the ground there.
He claims to know a whisperer, rather than hearing things directly himself.

I cannot recall him actually posting anything that was not really known.

What he does post which is interesting is why things are occurring. Now this could be because someone at the club passes on some of this, but never any real scoops, or it may be just that he has an interesting way of looking at things and is say just expanding/theorising on what ITKs on the Board like Stavro post.

A lot of what he is saying at present is that the club is having a cultural change at present and they want some hard workers/trainers in, and on the other side some players who perhaps do not apply themselves enough (ie not really bad influences, but who perhaps to not have the elite drive and focus that the club now wants and which for example the Tigers radiate) are either being traded, or the club is open to trading them.

I would be be amazed if we got a 2nds AND a player (unless he is an out and out dud) from the Cats for Steven.
Significantly Saints, post: 63049213, member: 195313 wrote:
Don't know Gringo , heard Geelong's 2nd round + player ??????

Constable could be seperate but we are into him , I know media are saying cooled but Na .
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 29 Sep 2019 6:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

was it ted ?
LOL...Ted only posts what he reads on the AFL website like the rest of us, only within seconds of seeing it, then reports as an ITK. Far too advanced a concept for him.

As for the club, they've had a good 5 years to look at most of these guys, it seems like a risky strategy, but I'm not sure what we have to lose at the moment.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

freely wrote: Sun 29 Sep 2019 12:47pm I'm joining the conspiracy theorists - current coach and management determined to undermine our progress and ensure we're out of contention for at least another 10 years.
Let's just say that if secret agents had infiltrated our club with the express purpose of weakening us to the point of making the
supporters amenable to transfer to another state ... well, they couldn't have done a better job.

Trading out Gresham, ffs ...

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Sun 29 Sep 2019 4:44pm
A lot of what he is saying at present is that the club is having a cultural change at present and they want some hard workers/trainers in, and on the other side some players who perhaps do not apply themselves enough (ie not really bad influences, but who perhaps to not have the elite drive and focus that the club now wants and which for example the Tigers radiate) are either being traded, or the club is open to trading them.

Good. No point making significant list changes without changing the culture that underpins it. Needed and well overdue in my opinion.