Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jaxons come on down

jaxons wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Playon wrote:
st.byron wrote:So nothing's happened today regarding our position. What's holding the works up? Is it the Adelaide / Gibbs thing?

The O'Meara / Hawks thing?

Or all of them together and there will be a frantic last minute frenzy tomorrow?
Guaranteed a last minute frenzy but perhaps not from us..Who knows

There was some talk that we needed Carlton to offer pick 5 for Marchbank and we'd use one of our next years firsts in to swap for pick 5.
It would benefit gws with their academy picks next year..and apparently they were interested
Looking unlikely...

We should maybe bid on Marchbank to make it happen,

I'm hoping some of our to be delisted players find a new home and happy to call it quits.. But you just never know if we have one more card to play
So we could :
1. Trade out a player and /or 23/36 in return for a first rounder
2. Trade 23 and 36 together for a first rounder.
3. Trade one of next year's first rounders for a first rounder this year.
4. Do nothing and go to the draft with 23 and 36 and two first rounders next year.

Any other suggestions?

Regarding the JOM / Hawks thing, I see an article on the ABC website quoting the CEO of the Suns absolutely bagging the Hawks.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-19/s ... tion=sport

2 or 4 the only chances.
Trade our two second rounders for a first rounder this year, use that pick in this year's draft and thus give ourselves the option of trading with our first rounders in 2017 / 18?

jaxons
Club Player

loris wrote:
fugazi wrote:To be fair, no-one seems to have predicted anything much.
A little heads up that Stevens would choose us over Dons is about it.
We already knew about Steele, and no-one tipped the pick swap, Nathan Brown was general knowledge as a possibility
Correct! And the Stevens info was in all the media outlets when it came on here. ITK are at times a little suss IMHO!

Pretty sure I announced Koby Stevens on here 2 days before he requested trade to Saints.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
jaxons wrote:
loris wrote:
fugazi wrote:
loris wrote:
We already knew about Steele, and no-one tipped the pick swap, Nathan Brown was general knowledge as a possibility
Correct! And the Stevens info was in all the media outlets when it came on here. ITK are at times a little suss IMHO!
Either they don't know or can't tell....either way not much coming thru for 10 days of trading

Pssst....................... I'M an ITK, looks like we will Rookie Jimmy Bartell & not Sam Fisher, keep it quiet tho' :wink: :wink: :wink:

No chance!

Don't rain on my parade. :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
It's piss

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
stonecold
SS Life Member

jaxons wrote:
stonecold wrote:Question for Jaxon and Tony, (just for those special posters that may think it's for them), are the club about to pull the trigger on the big deal yet?????

No big deal this year.
No worries, couldn't get it done in time then, thanks!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
santazzi
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:Hey everybody look at me !!!!!!!!!!!! I use !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and ??????????????????? marks to accentuate my dribble !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I know nothing !!!!!!!!! I have no intel !!!!!!!!!!! This is fact ??????????????? Yes it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only ask hard questions !!!!!!!! and demand hard answers ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Cause if you want the truth ?????????????? I'll get you the truth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thru someone else and then say I told you so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! without ever knowing anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My index finger is tired from holding down the Shift Button ???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I fight thru the pain to deliver on my promise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! of nothing but I told you so's !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????? and you fkn know it ???????????????? so cause I fkn says so !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Are you OK fellow Sainter?

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Hope we get a deal for pick 13 or pick 15 done by tomorrow avo.

The_President
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Hey everybody look at me !!!!!!!!!!!! I use !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and ??????????????????? marks to accentuate my dribble !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I know nothing !!!!!!!!! I have no intel !!!!!!!!!!! This is fact ??????????????? Yes it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only ask hard questions !!!!!!!! and demand hard answers ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Cause if you want the truth ?????????????? I'll get you the truth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thru someone else and then say I told you so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! without ever knowing anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My index finger is tired from holding down the Shift Button ???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I fight thru the pain to deliver on my promise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! of nothing but I told you so's !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????? and you fkn know it ???????????????? so cause I fkn says so !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Your so funny!!!!!

Happy to receive a PM from you and sort it out, in any way you like!!!!!

You can't be serious

The_President
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
jaxons wrote:
stonecold wrote:Question for Jaxon and Tony, (just for those special posters that may think it's for them), are the club about to pull the trigger on the big deal yet?????

No big deal this year.

0/45

suss
Club Player

The_President wrote:
stonecold wrote:
jaxons wrote:

No big deal this year.

0/45
You're being kind.

Playon
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Trade our two second rounders for a first rounder this year, use that pick in this year's draft and thus give ourselves the option of trading with our first rounders in 2017 / 18?
If we can get back into the first round it gives us a huge advantage next year with those options..

Kelly or Sheil sign here :) Chase Dusty as a FA as well?.. Basically with 3 first rounders available gives us the ability to land anyone we want.

Ross who?
Club Player

NO to 13 or 15. Top 8 is elite. 9-30/35 is very even. Happy to keep 23 and get a very good player. Back our recruiters to find a nugget at 36 too.
Next year start with 2 first rounders and hit FA hard. Will be in an excellent position post 2017 draft.
(Roo, Joey and Dempster probably be finishing up by then though)

Blake Acres fan club VIP
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:
st.byron wrote:
If we can get back into the first round it gives us a huge advantage next year with those options..

Kelly or Sheil sign here :) Chase Dusty as a FA as well?.. Basically with 3 first rounders available gives us the ability to land anyone we want.
Yes good position for a team on the rise. Free agency options, quality young players coming out of contract, salary cap space and high draft picks to play with.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:

Your so funny!!!!!

Happy to receive a PM from you and sort it out, in any way you like!!!!!
Sort out the cramp in your index finger or your brain? :shock:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:NO to 13 or 15. Top 8 is elite. 9-30/35 is very even. Happy to keep 23 and get a very good player. Back our recruiters to find a nugget at 36 too.
Next year start with 2 first rounders and hit FA hard. Will be in an excellent position post 2017 draft.
Was wondering about that. How much better off would we be with say, pick 13, than 23 and 36?
If the draft is very even, then is there really that much benefit in trading up to a pick in the mid-teens. Up to a top 8 pick I guess is a different ball-game.
Perhaps the longer term plan is also being considered....i.e being able to trade first rounders in years to come.

ace
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
ace wrote:Still no deal on Koby Stevens.
Mongrels and Saints still have not settled the deal.
Saints have 50 which they probably would no use in the draft if they still have 23 and 36.
Take it Mongrels you won't get 36
Relalx.

I doubt the Dogs are trying to get 36 and that he delay is just due to all the other higher profile players that are yet to be traded and early draft picks that may be secured. The JOm deal being the main roadblock...or perhaps even opportunity.

Deal or Stevens goes to the pre-season draft.
Yes but my understanding is if a club decides to make a player an offer and keep in on their list he is not a delisted free agent so can not go into the main draft.
But can go to the pre-season draft.

If no deal the DFA is best for us.[/quote]
Last edited by ace on Wed 19 Oct 2016 7:21pm, edited 2 times in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Ross who? wrote:NO to 13 or 15. Top 8 is elite. 9-30/35 is very even. Happy to keep 23 and get a very good player. Back our recruiters to find a nugget at 36 too.
Was wondering about that. How much better off would we be with say, pick 13, than 23 and 36?
If the draft is very even, then is there really that much benefit in trading up to a pick in the mid-teens. Up to a top 8 pick I guess is a different ball-game.
Perhaps the longer term plan is also being considered....i.e being able to trade first rounders in years to come.
I tend to agree. 23 and 36 are decent picks and Elshaugh and the team have earnt the right to show what they can do with those picks.

A bit of delayed gratification is ok.

Roo, Joey, Dempster and Gilbo will all be cooked or semi-cooked at the end of 2017 so it will be a huge morale booster to enter the trade period and/or draft with two first rounders at that point in time. Some fwd thinking.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
st.byron wrote:
I tend to agree. 23 and 36 are decent picks and Elshaugh and the team have earnt the right to show what they can do with those picks.

Roo, Joey, Dempster and Gilbo will all be cooked or semi-cooked at the end of 2017 so it will be a huge morale booster to enter the trade period and/or draft with two first rounders at that point in time. Some fwd thinking.
Whichever way you slice it, our guys have done an awesome job this year. Awesome.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
saynta wrote:
ace wrote:
saynta wrote:
ace wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:Posted this @ E'dope, but one would think GWS would be factoring this in to their list thinking, should it go the wrong way (for them and Whitfield).

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-2016-a ... s54gm.html

"The legal advice means the drugs body is briefed to consider its own independent move on the trio if the AFL does not lay charges.

The AFL has received legal advice and is deciding whether to lay charges of avoiding a performance-enhancing drugs test, which brings a mandatory minimum four-year penalty. The news that ASADA has sought legal advice separate to the AFL indicates it was preparing for the possibility of acting regardless of the AFL."
Lachie Whitfield will think twice before finding another girlfriend - 4 years and maybe all your footy career gone because an ex-girlfriend wanted revenge so dobbed you in.
Maybe she just wanted him off the drugs.
Dobbing him in to ASADA does not get him off the drugs but may get him 4 years, or life, out of football.
That can be counted in millions of dollars lost income.
She went to the club first. Several times. They just brushed her off.

In the circumstances, I would have done the same.
Do you believe that she was concerned about his well being at all? Did she contact his family?, did she contact the club doctor? Going to ASADA would never help anything.

If they would show some common sense and stop testing recreational drugs we wouldn't have this issue at all. Poor drug policy is more harmful than no drug policy at all.

I believe she was worried about his welfare, but I have no idea about your other questions.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

No big deal this year.
Of course there won't be.

That wasn't hard to work out.

We were done, apart for Koby, after the Brown signing.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
jaxons wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Playon wrote:
st.byron wrote:So nothing's happened today regarding our position. What's holding the works up? Is it the Adelaide / Gibbs thing?

Or all of them together and there will be a frantic last minute frenzy tomorrow?

There was some talk that we needed Carlton to offer pick 5 for Marchbank and we'd use one of our next years firsts in to swap for pick 5.
It would benefit gws with their academy picks next year..and apparently they were interested
Looking unlikely...

I'm hoping some of our to be delisted players find a new home and happy to call it quits.. But you just never know if we have one more card to play
So we could :
4. Do nothing and go to the draft with 23 and 36 and two first rounders next year.

Any other suggestions?

Regarding the JOM / Hawks thing, I see an article on the ABC website quoting the CEO of the Suns absolutely bagging the Hawks.

2 or 4 the only chances.
No. What for?

Go the draft with what we have got.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
loris wrote:

Pretty sure I announced Koby Stevens on here 2 days before he requested trade to Saints.
Yep, acknowledged that.
Can't be easy to say much for those ITK.
Also you were right about us going for the Essendon youngster.
In the end we haven't actually done anything that unexpected other than the excellent Hawthorn trade...not many saw that coming....we must have shaken hands on that in a heartbeat and rushed the paperwork through before they could think about it and reneg

Nee!
Playon
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
st.byron wrote:

I wouldnt be so quick to write off Roo, who knows how long he'll go for. At this stage you couldn't rule him out for 2018, year by year proposition.

The advantage we'd have next year if we can get back into the first round would be huge.. Is it worth more than pick 36? We have a nice cake time for some icing on top and cream in the middle

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
st.byron wrote:
jaxons wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Playon wrote:

Looking unlikely...

So we could :

Any other suggestions?

2 or 4 the only chances.
No. What for?

Go the draft with what we have got.
If I understand correctly the rules about needing to use first round draft picks two out of every four years and not just trade them, if we use a first rounder this year, we will have the flexibility in the next two years of trading our first rounders if it's to our advantage.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
saintsRrising wrote: Deal or Stevens goes to the pre-season draft.
Yes but my understanding is if a club decides to make a player an offer and keep in on their list he is not a delisted free agent so can not go into the main draft.
But can go to the pre-season draft.

If no deal the DFA is best for us.
I believe that they have not made Stevens an offer. So he can go DFA if not traded.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ace
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Playon wrote:

Looking unlikely...

So we could :

Any other suggestions?

Can't blame Gold Coast for giving it to Hawthorn.
Hawthorn had the picks to get O'Meara.
Pick 14, 23, 36 and next years first rounder would certainly have sealed the deal.
But the Hawks got greedy they spent pick 14 on Tom Mitchell then turned to Gold Coast and said none our players want to play for you and we don't have much left in the way of draft picks. You are going to have to help us out here because we need your player to win us another premiership.

Hawthorn's behaviour was deliberate and pre-meditated.
They knew they could not muck around with Sydney but hey Gold Coast they are not contenders we can muck with them.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.