Game Thread vs Port Adelaide

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: Game Thread vs Port Adelaide

It's going to take time but we're going to have to faze out the poor kickers and find some blokes with decent disposal. What's the use of winning the ball if you're just gonna give it straight back?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Even plenty of "neutrals" on the match thread on BF thought we got "raped" and "violated" by the umpiring tonight. No excuse though, you have to almost factor that in when playing interstate. Port simply wanted it more than we did. It obviously meant a lot more to them.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Sick Nal Danto wrote:I never usually blame umps, but seriously What the hell was that !
look we didn't play well but really we got screwed on each and every 50/50. All Port had to do was get tackled and they got a free, how many times did Lenny get his back cannoned into and NOTHING.

That free against Milne in the final qtr was an absolute joke. Frees to Port every time they touched the ball. At least 2 of the 50's were a complete joke.

In a close game when two team are ordinary, it absolutely influenced the game.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Don't be too despondant guys (& gals). I think you'll find Port will be a lot more switched on this year c/f last. Spotting them a 4 goal start, kicking into the wind and the scumpires for most of the night, yet we nearly got there. Tighten up the clearances and we'll be formidable yet again.

Go Saintas!

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Although i didnt expect much this year. Still hate when we lose. And was hoping that i was 100% wrong and we would come out this year and play brilliantly. But nothing, nothing will happen bar pain this year.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Pathetic, port are crap, horrible loss, don't give a shyte about umpires, new coach or any other excuse, it's just s***

I love this club
The Craw
Club Player

Looked as though the saints didn't want the hard ball.... you reap what you sow ... Port deserved to win. Cudos.

Not Craw, CRAW!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

horrible umps however players should have realised this and played more disciplined.

I'm more concerned about the lack of effort, errors made by players who know better and poor decision making. Also seemed to be some structure issues. Big week ahead.

lefty
Club Player

Meh, tbh, I thought we'd lose this game 4 weeks ago.

I mean, you have a team that had a s*** year last year, of course they're going to be up and about wanting a win first game. It was always going to be a danger game. TBH, I would of rather played Essendon and lost anyway, because we just do not beat them for some unknown reason.

Not going to get sucked in that its going to be a long year, yada yada. Don't forget Freo beat Geelong too, does that mean their's is going to be a long season as well?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Port were fired up for this. We looked underdone. Will be better next week. The real worry for me is roo. Never looked like getting into the game. Maybe the wind played a part, but he misjudged ball after ball. Need our captain leading, not letting us down.
umpiring was the difference in the end, but we didn't do enough to deserve a win.
Hardly Blake's fault at the end.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
battye
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:Pathetic, port are crap, horrible loss, don't give a shyte about umpires, new coach or any other excuse, it's just s***
Yep. We should have won. No excuses at all.

2009 seems like such a long time ago.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Blake has to be relegated to back up FFS play Simpkin the future at least.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ease up.

It's not the end of the world.

Port are on a roll.

Collingwood and Geelong lost.

Saints fans annoy me more than Saints players, would you even look at it properly before sulking?

More disposals again, but less inside 50's (51-42)

13 goals is good, still fiddling around with the ball, when I think Watters wants them playing on.

I can remember times (and not having a go) when Jones delayed and got run down just outside the attacking 50, Ben on a few occasions was looking to make the perfect pass.

Just kick it to the square, Saints took 39 more marks, probably would of plucked one.

I can see what they are trying to achieve though.

So lament and curse to your hearts content, and ignore the coaching change and flow on effects.

Actually.

Meh, back off em

;)

Austinnn
Club Player

not a great start, but certainly not as bad as some are making out. Port has a great head start with wind and notable official advantage. We need to tighten up our kicking and lose the Lyon mindset and we'll do alright.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
saint scout 2

The coach will learn quickly that while THEY will give you 100% effort THEY turn the ball over far too often. Turnovers in todays game costs too much. THEY are Geary, Gilbert, Jones, Blake, Peake, Polo. Remove two from that list and its still too many that butcher the footy. While Scott Watters has said you will never hear the words rebuild come from his mouth.......time will tell. We can't lose football games to the bottom 4 sides. Port Adelaide are a bottom four club. Sad Sad Sad

slider
Club Player

Haha what a load of crap coming out of so called saints fans, round 1 boohoo we lost by 4 points in Adelaide.Take your lack of balls and go home, weak as pee. Never seen so many no bodies bag a side in my life, hand in your tickets and go support someone else. :roll:

battye
Saintsational Legend

I love your positive attitude SainterK, but the crux of the matter is Port Adelaide are rubbish. They were only above Gold Coast on the ladder last year.

And they beat us.

It's very hard to see this year being better than last year.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Sainter93
Club Player

Although we weren't good, we did enough to win.

But the umpires wanted it more for Port.

nw7
Club Player

What a crap performance, how can we win when we can’t hit 2 targets in a row? Gilbert, Steven, Dempster, Geary, Blake, and Jones they just can’t kick. No intensity, no daring, no one took the game on. Unless we play some kids and develop them like the Cats and Hawks have we will not only have a shocking season this year but we will stuff up next season as well. We are the worst clearance team in the league and lose many more 50/50 contests than any team that have so called finals aspirations.

Austinnn
Club Player

By the way, to the mug who said there's no youth coming through, take a gender at the fantastic Sandringham win in Ballarat today, featuring 4-goal hauls from two young unlikely Saints and more Saints like Simpson in the Best group. Just VFL, but hang on help is on the way.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:I love your positive attitude SainterK, but the crux of the matter is Port Adelaide are rubbish. They were only above Gold Coast on the ladder last year.

And they beat us.

It's very hard to see this year being better than last year.
Beat us in the first 15 minutes, reckon that aside it wasn't bad.

Sue me that I am willing to take into account that most of our stars are a week behind everyone else, and that manifested itself for half a quarter. :wink:

I love that the willingness to stay within distance is still there, loving even more that the balance is DEFINITELY being tinkered with.

Milera is a keeper, Geary was great, Fisher Dal and BJ ran into some great form.

It's not far away from getting there.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Very disapointiong perfomance. Very. You cant tell me the umps didnt have an influence either. But the sun will come up tomorrow and thyere is always next week

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:Blake has to be relegated to back up FFS play Simpkin the future at least.
At the very least... Simpkin should have played today... 199 games should have nothing to do with the selection process..

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Blake has to be relegated to back up FFS play Simpkin the future at least.
+ 1

Austinnn
Club Player

Simpkin sorry, Homer was dropped.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone