Milne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Milne

Is the comment by Fontana taken out of context given that this might not even reach trial:

"The evidence will unfold ultimately before a jury in this matter."

Hmmm. interesting.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:See I don't understand why everyone is so down and upset.
Unless u are part of either his family or her family obviously.

In fact its about time it was brought up
We have all been saying for years that him getting called the R word pissed us off
Well nows the time to set the record straight And find out whether its true or untrue

Agree wholeheartedly.

I think the 9 years of constant abuse has worn me down because I certainly am not upset by this.

Even the gossip collumnist Caroline Wilson who tries to divide the club (Saints Admin v the Milne "camp") is having a hard time beating this dead horse into a scandal.

The reporting seems different this time and while the fcuktards on Facebook and twitter are carrying on like the low IQ tools they are renown for, the rest of the football world is treading very very carefully,

As for the Saints, this doesn't affect me as a supporter or the club as a whole. they hace made a proper business decision, and while this is an emotional and passionate business for the fans, the club has to look at long term.

And as you say the record can now once and for all be set straight.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Timing and communication are the key. The rest is peripheral bulltish. Did the alleged victim make her reluctance known and when? Would the alleged perpetrator in reasonable circumstance expect he had her consent? Answer those questions and there is the result. End of story.

Hard to prove either way there in lies the issue.
Exactly. The key will be in the statements already given.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
CURLY wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Timing and communication are the key. The rest is peripheral bulltish. Did the alleged victim make her reluctance known and when? Would the alleged perpetrator in reasonable circumstance expect he had her consent? Answer those questions and there is the result. End of story.

Hard to prove either way there in lies the issue.
Exactly. The key will be in the statements already given.

After reading as much as is on offer I can honestly say I dont know how this will pan out. The general thoughts from those around as they have no idea either as its such a grey area.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
stinger
Saintsational Legend

perception plays a big part in life...even with juries......i can well remember one australian jurisdiction removing docks in a couple of their courts where the defendant used to have to enter from the bowels of the court...up step flights of stairs......juries used to be startled when the defendant's head suddenly appeared flanked by armed guards....not a good look...for the defendant......presumtions of innocence probably flew right out the door at that point with some......

....suspending milne is not a good look for him in the eyes of most of the public...who are not in any way pro milne like most on here........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

The thing that annoys me, and I've taken this from listening to other footy supporters is the perception that 'he's probably guilty' but that he'll get off. That evidence has most likely been tampered with.

The sad fact remains that in many ppl's eyes Milney will always be a rapist regardless of the verdict. His supposed mates in the police force who allegedly tampered with evidence may well have done him a massive disservice ironically.

If he is guilty I have zero sympathy for him. What worries me is will ALL the evidence ever truly be brought out once and for all.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:perception plays a big part in life...even with juries......i can well remember one australian jurisdiction removing docks in a couple of their courts where the defendant used to have to enter from the bowels of the court...up step flights of stairs......juries used to be startled when the defendant's head suddenly appeared flanked by armed guards....not a good look...for the defendant......presumtions of innocence probably flew right out the door at that point with some......

....suspending milne is not a good look for him in the eyes of most of the public...who are not in any way pro milne like most on here........
I take it you were up in arms when Lovett was stood down and subsequently sacked before his trial was heard too then?

spert
Saintsational Legend

At least come July, everyone will start getting a chance to have their day in court. All we have heard from 2004 until now are police reports, internal grumblings from the police regarding this case, and the usual media sensationalism. The matter will be finally settled one way or another.