Match Thread Saints v Dockers Round 3 2019

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match Thread Saints v Dockers Round 3 2019

sunsaint wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019 5:28pm I know where you live Devil - and I see your work

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

my sister ‘n i just mainlined season 3 of Lucifer

about 26 bloody episodes
that was twilight zone :)

classic viewing

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Cairnsman wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019 6:06pm Just like the AFL were way too slow to react to the Adam Goodes situation because they didn't understand the situation,
... are you trying to get the thread back on track ...?
if so the AFL rule changes to stop the slide in causing leg damage was absolutely 100% the correct one
Hold your feet dont go to ground, the ump will protect your head over the ball and its all good
SIMPLE

Now the shrill voice of the media commentators (ch7 - B Taylor & W Carey) are screaming for a rule change
The AFL buckles and changes the rule - then the subsequent ACL injury will have the same voices screaming for a rule change
its a no win situation

To me its simple just like the push n the back rule if the player fakes it and dives forward play on
If a player milks falling over a player on the ground - play on

if you are referring to something else about A Goodes then ignore the above

Seeya
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2019 6:10pm
Cairnsman wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019 6:06pm Just like the AFL were way too slow to react to the Adam Goodes situation because they didn't understand the situation,
... are you trying to get the thread back on track ...?
if so the AFL rule changes to stop the slide in causing leg damage was absolutely 100% the correct one
Hold your feet dont go to ground, the ump will protect your head over the ball and its all good
SIMPLE

Now the shrill voice of the media commentators (ch7 - B Taylor & W Carey) are screaming for a rule change
The AFL buckles and changes the rule - then the subsequent ACL injury will have the same voices screaming for a rule change
its a no win situation

To me its simple just like the push n the back rule if the player fakes it and dives forward play on
If a player milks falling over a player on the ground - play on

if you are referring to something else about A Goodes then ignore the above
Poor post.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Late observations - watched the game in the Billabong drinking establishment in Danang; overlooks the beach, just beautiful so I was always going to leave the game happy, but was admittedly a little upset when we went down 5 goals never to recover. That is a digression of course, but mentioned for context. We should have won with the effort and scoring opportunities not all of which were reflected in the goals/points columns. So wandering back to the hotel I thought this is a little bit dejavu-ish. We were the better side, had the chance to ice an immensely valuable away game, played better than the opposition but got beaten, arguably (?) because Walters and Matera had limited but effective purple patches. So why dejavu?: AR was outcoached again, how else did the Matera mismatch go on for so long and why wasn't Walters closed down (Sinclair must be good for something). We are still inaccurate, we made appalling decisions in dominant attacking positions (again) and when the game was there to be had the Freo defence just intercepted and ran the ball out as a group no Saints forwards in the frame - what was going on I wondered as I wandered, where were our forwards. Continuing the outcoached hypothesis, if our forwards were only told to pressure the Freo defenders rather than leave them as a single block we just needed to break even or win a couple in those easy clearance plays to have won; where were our forwards while the purple jerseys ran the ball out like a training drill (real question, could not tell from the screen shots). We have beaten the Suns, just, and that form line is good but should have won by far more, similarly we should have beaten Essendon by close to 5 goals. We are pretty pleased with the efforts of the players this year but sit outside the 8 and will face a test this weekend because returning from a hard WA fixture means players are physically challenged and Clarko will out coach AR. How many goals that is worth I can't quantify but I rue the waste against Freo. And I still think there is not a lot of evidence that AR's new found humility has made any improvement in his coaching nous.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2019 8:08pm Late observations - watched the game in the Billabong drinking establishment in Danang; overlooks the beach, just beautiful so I was always going to leave the game happy, but was admittedly a little upset when we went down 5 goals never to recover.

That is a digression of course, but mentioned for context. We should have won with the effort and scoring opportunities not all of which were reflected in the goals/points columns. So wandering back to the hotel I thought this is a little bit dejavu-ish. We were the better side, had the chance to ice an immensely valuable away game, played better than the opposition but got beaten, arguably (?) because Walters and Matera had limited but effective purple patches. So why dejavu?: AR was outcoached again, how else did the Matera mismatch go on for so long and why wasn't Walters closed down (Sinclair must be good for something).

We are still inaccurate, we made appalling decisions in dominant attacking positions (again) and when the game was there to be had the Freo defence just intercepted and ran the ball out as a group no Saints forwards in the frame - what was going on I wondered as I wandered, where were our forwards. Continuing the outcoached hypothesis, if our forwards were only told to pressure the Freo defenders rather than leave them as a single block we just needed to break even or win a couple in those easy clearance plays to have won; where were our forwards while the purple jerseys ran the ball out like a training drill (real question, could not tell from the screen shots).

We have beaten the Suns, just, and that form line is good but should have won by far more, similarly we should have beaten Essendon by close to 5 goals. We are pretty pleased with the efforts of the players this year but sit outside the 8 and will face a test this weekend because returning from a hard WA fixture means players are physically challenged and Clarko will out coach AR. How many goals that is worth I can't quantify but I rue the waste against Freo. And I still think there is not a lot of evidence that AR's new found humility has made any improvement in his coaching nous.
I would ask that you have a look at how I have changed your post. Your original post looks daunting, and I was tempted to just ignore it, as it is certainly unreadable. Any editor would throw it back at you and yell at you to break it up a bit.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2019 6:37pm
Poor post.
It's late I'm tired and you didn't give me enough to go on
I was talking about getting back on a footy subject
What are you objecting to?

Seeya
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2019 3:24am
Poor post.
I'll have a guess; racism, and people who don't call it out.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 10 Apr 2019 8:08pm Late observations - watched the game in the Billabong drinking establishment in Danang; overlooks the beach, just beautiful so I was always going to leave the game happy, but was admittedly a little upset when we went down 5 goals never to recover. That is a digression of course, but mentioned for context. We should have won with the effort and scoring opportunities not all of which were reflected in the goals/points columns. So wandering back to the hotel I thought this is a little bit dejavu-ish. We were the better side, had the chance to ice an immensely valuable away game, played better than the opposition but got beaten, arguably (?) because Walters and Matera had limited but effective purple patches. So why dejavu?: AR was outcoached again, how else did the Matera mismatch go on for so long and why wasn't Walters closed down (Sinclair must be good for something). We are still inaccurate, we made appalling decisions in dominant attacking positions (again) and when the game was there to be had the Freo defence just intercepted and ran the ball out as a group no Saints forwards in the frame - what was going on I wondered as I wandered, where were our forwards. Continuing the outcoached hypothesis, if our forwards were only told to pressure the Freo defenders rather than leave them as a single block we just needed to break even or win a couple in those easy clearance plays to have won; where were our forwards while the purple jerseys ran the ball out like a training drill (real question, could not tell from the screen shots). We have beaten the Suns, just, and that form line is good but should have won by far more, similarly we should have beaten Essendon by close to 5 goals. We are pretty pleased with the efforts of the players this year but sit outside the 8 and will face a test this weekend because returning from a hard WA fixture means players are physically challenged and Clarko will out coach AR. How many goals that is worth I can't quantify but I rue the waste against Freo. And I still think there is not a lot of evidence that AR's new found humility has made any improvement in his coaching nous.
It'll be close - Hawthorn are still a bloody good side, but rarely win by much anymore. They're not the side they were. I would say, if I was a neutral, that given where we are with injuries, our poor style of play and lack of forwards, that the Hawks will get up by under two goals.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2019 8:16am
Poor post.
I dont expect you to answer for spinner - - but seeing how you did - Im still struggling
In an effort to drag this thread back to footy related matters - just where was the post racist???

Seeya
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2019 3:38pm
Cairnsman wrote: Thu 11 Apr 2019 8:16am
Poor post.
I dont expect you to answer for spinner - - but seeing how you did - Im still struggling
In an effort to drag this thread back to footy related matters - just where was the post racist???
Stop wasting my time f***wit

<1 day ban for abuse>