Match Thread Saints v Blues Round 16 2022

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sebastian Tombs
Club Player

Re: Match Thread Saints v Blues Round 16 2022

If you want too do some trolling

ace
Saintsational Legend

Just realised that Cripps gets plenty of possessions but mostly handballs, few kicks.
He gets plenty of clearances but rarely makes a tackle.

He can hurt you at stoppages but can be exploited when they don't have the ball due to his lack of tackle pressure.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 12:04am Gee Windy was massive in the last quarter, he's got a bit of Joel Selwood about him.
I only saw the highlights later but his left hand quick handball under pressure to set up Steele’s goal in the third was sublime

I was picking my daughter up from Coolie airport and listening to the last few minutes on the radio. Driving on the M1 in pouring rain surrounded by trucks at 1015. Driving with a jubilant clenched fist when the siren went Well done boys

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 7:53am
Vortex wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 12:04am Gee Windy was massive in the last quarter, he's got a bit of Joel Selwood about him.
I only saw the highlights later but his left hand quick handball under pressure to set up Steele’s goal in the third was sublime

I was picking my daughter up from Coolie airport and listening to the last few minutes on the radio. Driving on the M1 in pouring rain surrounded by trucks at 1015. Driving with a jubilant clenched fist when the siren went Well done boys
A gutsy win Stevie, they played for Coach, Jumper and each other, and they bled for the cause. What's not to love.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

They certainly did, V! Speaking of jumpers, is it throwback round? What’s the story with the Carlscum one last night?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 9:26am They certainly did, V! Speaking of jumpers, is it throwback round? What’s the story with the Carlscum one last night?
Always a throw up round with any Carlton jumper.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 12:22am
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 12:04am
The_Dud wrote: Fri 01 Jul 2022 11:34pm
CURLY wrote: Fri 01 Jul 2022 11:32pm 21-9 frees

Disgusting display of blatant garbage.

The free against Butler was the worst free you’ll see.

The non 50 against McKay showed the umpires cheat
Cryin’ Curly isn’t even happy with a win!

Umpiring was good tonight, let a lot go both ways, where’s it say there is a certain quota for frees each team should have?

Still think it hit the post? Lol, clueless!
Good umpiring - tell me when Butler took possession to be able to be pinged for holding the ball???
That’s one decision out of dozens and dozens of decisions / non decisions.

Watching the game (not the stats sheet) I was surprised how many possible highs / in the backs they let go and how much they let go in marking contests.

That’s the kind of umpiring I like.
Okay - granted - now Mckays free for being under the ball and turning into Battle?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I think that they may actually have a blue print how to play the forward line though - King as a decoy getting a lazy 3 but taking their best defender to leave the others to roam at will

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

7 frees for the game and one of those was when Sinclair marked and they gave Clark a free.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 10:37am 7 frees for the game and one of those was when Sinclair marked and they gave Clark a free.
9 - but maybe you are pre-discounting the ones that were marks that got counted as frees.

Do 50 mtr penalties count as frees?

― Aristophanes

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 1:02pm
CURLY wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 10:37am 7 frees for the game and one of those was when Sinclair marked and they gave Clark a free.
9 - but maybe you are pre-discounting the ones that were marks that got counted as frees.

Two marks King and Sinclair got payed as frees one for high one for contact.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 1:05pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 1:02pm

Two marks King and Sinclair got payed as frees one for high one for contact.
Cool - not sure whether you were implying we only got 6 actual free kicks - lol!

― Aristophanes

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I cant believe Im reading people suggesting we didn't deserve the win - we did and we won! Carlton's poor kicking on goal cost them but so did ours in the first quarter. How many games did we lose last year with our poor kicking- its relative. Poor kicking on goals is poor football.

I was more concerned about us going back into our shells and not taking the game on when Carlton were pressing. Its obviously the pressure gets our players second guessing themselves, but if they can continue to take the game on for 4 quarters like they did in the first half we will win a lot more games. Our offensive games really worries teams and if we can maintain that we will more games than we lose.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Didn't see the game I went to see Jim Jefferies last night .I will have to watch the replay today but sounds like it was a lot better effort than the last 2 weeks.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 1:15pm I cant believe Im reading people suggesting we didn't deserve the win - we did and we won! Carlton's poor kicking on goal cost them but so did ours in the first quarter. How many games did we lose last year with our poor kicking- its relative. Poor kicking on goals is poor football.

I was more concerned about us going back into our shells and not taking the game on when Carlton were pressing. Its obviously the pressure gets our players second guessing themselves, but if they can continue to take the game on for 4 quarters like they did in the first half we will win a lot more games. Our offensive games really worries teams and if we can maintain that we will more games than we lose.
I’ve not read 1 person say we didn’t deserve to win?? That’s not true.
What I’ve said is the effort was superb - why pick and choose on that is still a question
But also (and I agree we missed early also) at the game live Carlton moved the ball into forward 50 with a clearly better system , got really good looks/shots at goal but missed more imo
Curnow kicks 1.4 the other guy (can’t remember his name) missed some very gettable ones also but the way they brought the ball in to give their forwards a chance is why I can see part of the reason they’ve improved (plus they have 2 decent forwards and some quality mids)
We won because of sheer effort
We finally switched some things up out of the box (King up the ground was great) and cause Sinclsir abd Membrey got of the leash
IMO those issues on forward 50 /transition are still there
But at least the effort was there for 4 quarters and I’ll take that for starters (that’s a non negotiable for mine).

“Yeah….nah””
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 2:34pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 1:15pm I cant believe Im reading people suggesting we didn't deserve the win - we did and we won! Carlton's poor kicking on goal cost them but so did ours in the first quarter. How many games did we lose last year with our poor kicking- its relative. Poor kicking on goals is poor football.

What I’ve said is the effort was superb - why pick and choose on that is still a question
But also (and I agree we missed early also) at the game live Carlton moved the ball into forward 50 with a clearly better system , got really good looks/shots at goal but missed more imo
Curnow kicks 1.4 the other guy (can’t remember his name) missed some very gettable ones also but the way they brought the ball in to give their forwards a chance is why I can see part of the reason they’ve improved (plus they have 2 decent forwards and some quality mids)
We finally switched some things up out of the box (King up the ground was great) and cause Sinclsir abd Membrey got of the leash
But at least the effort was there for 4 quarters and I’ll take that for starters (that’s a non negotiable for mine).
I do not think anyone has used the words 'we did not deserve to win' but plenty have said if Curnow kicks 4.1 we lose or .......

Loved the game!

― Aristophanes

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 2:12pm Didn't see the game I went to see Jim Jefferies last night .I will have to watch the replay today but sounds like it was a lot better effort than the last 2 weeks.
How was Jim Jeffries? I’m a fan.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 2:37pm
Teflon wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 2:34pm

I do not think anyone has used the words 'we did not deserve to win' but plenty have said if Curnow kicks 4.1 we lose or .......

Loved the game!
I think the media too might have said similar
Blues take their chances and out lead is in trouble
Think that’s accurate..
But anyway take the win
Now to back up.

“Yeah….nah””
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 2:45pm
bangaulegend wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 2:12pm Didn't see the game I went to see Jim Jefferies last night .I will have to watch the replay today but sounds like it was a lot better effort than the last 2 weeks.
How was Jim Jeffries? I’m a fan.
Bloody great mate he is funny bast--d if you don't mind a bit of swearing :wink: . He doesn't mind who he offends I think he hung sh-t on every race, religion, gender , body type so I would not recommend it to any one who is easily offended

wally
Club Player

What goes around comes around...... we've lost games due to inaccurate kicking for goal, and others we may have been in it longer
if we had of kicked straight.
I think back in 2020? we won a few games simply by accurate kicking.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 01 Jul 2022 11:38pm I'm looking forward to hearing from the loose bowel section of our supporter base this week. Probably the gutsiest win I've seen for an incredibly long time, I wonder who they were playing for, it definitely wasn't Ratts, and that Lethlean bloke should be sacked and that Rath bloke over complicates things...Sharman should have played....step right up for you nappies you loser fargerss....
Did not age well. Not well at all.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 16 Jul 2022 2:56am
Vortex wrote: Fri 01 Jul 2022 11:38pm I'm looking forward to hearing from the loose bowel section of our supporter base this week. Probably the gutsiest win I've seen for an incredibly long time, I wonder who they were playing for, it definitely wasn't Ratts, and that Lethlean bloke should be sacked and that Rath bloke over complicates things...Sharman should have played....step right up for you nappies you loser fargerss....
Did not age well. Not well at all.
Ole Nostradamus ain’t looking so flash now
And Sharman….he’ll never play AFL again!!
LMAO

“Yeah….nah””