Match Thread Saints v Dons Round 21 2018

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match Thread Saints v Dons Round 21 2018

You have to put the right players in the right positions before they can execute anything. You're seeing similar results (i.e. we lose even when we are travelling ok and in with a chance for most of the first half or all of the first half as was the case with the Doggies last week). The simplistic thing to do is blame the players. Perhaps if the coaches are just doing the same thing and playing guys in the same positions, then you can't expect anything different other than another loss

We were getting beaten in the middle in that last 5 minutes before half time and with Steele the only mid that was winning any contested footy it was the perfect opportunity to get Acres or even Armo in the centre. The midfield coaches and also Richo continued to have Steven, Ross, and Steele in the 3rd and I did not see one time where he tried the big bodied Acres in there. He tried Gresh for quite a few bounces and Gresh was turning it over in the centre even when he got the clearance.

I think Ben Long also was tried in the middle in the third but no Armo or Blake. Game over by 3 quarter time. Terrible gameplan from St Kilda and no commentary at all from the muppets at channel 7 regarding tactics or match ups, just the usuall boring crap and no blowtorch at all on Richo or our other coaches.

bozza1980
Club Player

The Saints last strut on the Friday night stage was another sorry affair, suffering defeat at the hands of an injury-hit Essendon team by 43-points. As has been the case for much of 2018, they were their own worst enemies giving the Bombers too many lives with poor kicking for goal and too many opportunities with even worse ball use around the ground.
https://pinchhittersoz.com.au/2018/08/1 ... t-blights/

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
nw7
Club Player

After the bombers hit the front in the 2nd quarter we had 17 tackles for the rest of the game 12 players with no tackles. Thats a really bad stat mentioned on the couch tonight.