Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jaxons come on down

The_President wrote:
Playon wrote:OK the word is that Jack wont be at the Saints, itk from BF

So I dont know if jax was referring to him or someone else

Strike rate of stonecold
The ITK was not BS who is more of a WTBAITK
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 06 Sep 2016 9:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
felix
Club Player

Jaxson the riddler has pissed off . Good on you Jaxson. How bout feeding the starving peasants another piece of bread.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Jaxons was almost certainly referring to Weller. It would be one brother out and one in because of the Hill brothers.
This is what I think jaxons meant when he used the phrase 'families' coming together.
Weller may come to us as part of the Hill brothers trade.
Which sounds plausible. What would we give to hawks? Longer?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Jaxons was almost certainly referring to Weller. It would be one brother out and one in because of the Hill brothers.
This is what I think jaxons meant when he used the phrase 'families' coming together.
The trade deal that has been rumoured was Longer >Hawks Hill > Freo Weller > StKilda

Might need some "steal knives" though.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Tom Lee

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Tom Lee
Only as "steak knives".

Personally I think Lee could be a handy third forward for many teams. Is a nice kick who can make the most of opportunities by actually converting the goals..

Captain Impossible
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Tom Lee
Only as "steak knives".

Personally I think Lee could be a handy third forward for many teams. Is a nice kick who can make the most of opportunities by actually converting the goals..
And if he keeps on kicking goals and keeping Sandringham in the finals, his value could soar!

saintbob
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:FAMILIES

Yes Weller make sense as we can use his type.

Jack Riewoldt makes no sense as we have already banished Roo to the wing so that Paddy, Membrey and Briue can all play in the forward line as all 4 tallish marking targets cannot fit into the one forward line at once.

JR is not as mobile as Roo, and so unless you have visions of him suddenly becoming a key defender it would look to just not be a good acquisition.

So what other family connection would make sense?

A bit of a smokey but what about Jimmy Webster's brother Zac from Hawthorn, and he goes pretty well from all reports.

jaxons
Club Player

felix wrote:Jaxson the riddler has pissed off . Good on you Jaxson. How bout feeding the starving peasants another piece of bread.

Guys still 4 weeks until trade period starts so a lot of water to go under the bridge.
We are very active in discussions but as I said so many things don't come off.
If I mentioned all the players we are talking to and about this board would go into meltdown.
I will do my best to break news of our deals when they are as good as done on here first for you as I have done for last few years.
Stay tuned.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
felix wrote:Jaxson the riddler has pissed off . Good on you Jaxson. How bout feeding the starving peasants another piece of bread.

Guys still 4 weeks until trade period starts so a lot of water to go under the bridge.
If I mentioned all the players we are talking to and about this board would go into meltdown.
I will do my best to break news of our deals when they are as good as done on here first for you as I have done for last few years.
Stay tuned.
Keep 'em coming as and when you can Jaxons. Much appreciated.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

jaxons wrote:

Stay tuned.

Keep up the good work mate, it's always appreciated 8-)

The Saints are coming!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Keep shining that light in here Jaxons

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

Stay tuned.
I'm sure it works both ways

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Myron Gaines
Club Player

jaxons wrote:

Stay tuned.
Fair enough. But give us a little bit on Laverde pretty please. Still un-signed & the media is reporting we have a large offer on the table for him. Is getting him realistic?

The_President
Club Player

Steele just went down with a serious foot injury at training...

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Stay tuned.
Fair enough. But give us a little bit on Laverde pretty please. Still un-signed & the media is reporting we have a large offer on the table for him. Is getting him realistic?
Where in the media?

Myron Gaines
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Stay tuned.
Where in the media?
Andy Maher on SEN said we have offered him 400k x 3 years. Damian Barrett has mentioned us being interested in him a number of times including recently on the trade radio podcast.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

The_President wrote:Steele just went down with a serious foot injury at training...
If he plays no further part in the season id say he's 95% a Saint next year.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Stay tuned.
Where in the media?
Andy Maher on SEN said we have offered him 400k x 3 years. Damian Barrett has mentioned us being interested in him a number of times including recently on the trade radio podcast.
From what I've seen of him on the TV looks like a good young player

Myron Gaines
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Stay tuned.
Where in the media?
From what I've seen of him on the TV looks like a good young player
He's got a lot of talent. Longterm I see him as a forward of centre winger that will hit the scoreboard. I know Trout rated him extremely highly in his draft.

The_President
Club Player

Myron Gaines wrote:
The_President wrote:Steele just went down with a serious foot injury at training...

Everyone is scared of getting JOM because of his knee, but your happy to jump at a young bloke with a foot injury?
Imagine if its a Swanny/Matthew Egan type of job

Myron Gaines
Club Player

The_President wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:

Everyone is scared of getting JOM because of his knee, but your happy to jump at a young bloke with a foot injury?
I've got no idea what his injury is however I doubt it's a Matty Egan stress related foot injury. It sounds like either an impact/structural injury seeing as it occurred during training.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

The_President wrote: Everyone is scared of getting JOM because of his knee, but your happy to jump at a young bloke with a foot injury?
Let's make a distinction here - in fairness to everyone:
With JOM --- if there were no setbacks or complications -- I think everyone would be on board.
Robert Harvey, Brendon Goddard, Lenny Hayes, Petracca all did their knees, but they all came back successfully after 12 months rehab -- and there were no hitches.
Everything went smoothly.

Not so with JOM - hence the concern. Fair enough, too.

Obviously, the extent of Steele's foot injury (now that it's occurred) needs to be properly assessed --- it's not going to be ignored.

damienc
Club Player

There's a lot of speculation and not much fact.

But it's to be expected. That time of year.

So, realistically who might we have in a St Kilda jumper next year?

Ok. Let's deal with the blokes we know are available. Steele, Marchbank and O'Meara. By all reports we are into all three.

Although there are suggestions we have gone a bit cold on Jaeger after his medical. His knee injury is definitely not run of the mill.

Maybe he is just too much of a risk. Steele, I personally think we are heavily into. Not at all concerned about his latest injury. He is exactly the kind of player we need. Tough, inside midfielder. I think we have a very good chance of landing him.

Marchbank we are also heavily into. He has the skills and the youth to bolster our defence. But his ties with Silvagni may see him fall to the Navy Blues. Problem is none of these guys who have publicly said they want to leave have nominated the club they want to go to.

I know some other names have come up: Laverde, Weller even Pittard who I personally think we have no show of getting. I am sure there are other names as well that we don't know about.

Frustrating and intriguing time of the year. But we are definitely in the market to land a big fish or two. And I am sure we will. Can't wait to learn who it might be.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
The_President wrote: Everyone is scared of getting JOM because of his knee, but your happy to jump at a young bloke with a foot injury?
Let's make a distinction here - in fairness to everyone:
With JOM --- if there were no setbacks or complications -- I think everyone would be on board.
Robert Harvey, Brendon Goddard, Lenny Hayes, Petracca all did their knees, but they all came back successfully after 12 months rehab -- and there were no hitches.
Everything went smoothly.

Not so with JOM - hence the concern. Fair enough, too.

Obviously, the extent of Steele's foot injury (now that it's occurred) needs to be properly assessed --- it's not going to be ignored.
It's also what we would be giving up to get JOM and the salary he would command vs Jack Steele at relatively low cost, therefore less risk

Nee!