Dumb question..........................?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dumb question..........................?

:)

is that like a jawing on disease ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Thu 22 Oct 2020 11:48am
Vortex wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 8:06pm
You claimed the umpires are independent of the AFL in response to me claiming the Brownlow is a brown-nose award for the fairest player. As usual you go nuts half cocked without comprehending.

But while we are chewing the fat, I'll add this, a system that disqualifies the "actual" best player from winning an award that values the fairest player above being the "best" player is not only a conflicted judging criteria, it is proof the award doesn't value who is necessarily the best. Moreover, umpires are unconsciously biased because the award is predominantly awarded to midfielders for obvious reasons. As I say, it's a legacy award from a bygone era that is more about the commercial benifts and razzmatazz for WAGs and other self interests.

If the AFL was fair dinkum about finding who is the fairest and who is the best then they would separate the awards and develop a more objective way of judging the best. Clearly the system of umpires being used to judge the fairest would still be applicable.

I also gave you an example of how the umpires are not independent.

The umpires work within the system and rules set down by the AFL. Umpires and the AFL as a system can manipulate an outcome based on an agenda. Compare the Barry hall case of 2005 and the Houli case in 2017 where the AFL intervened after the tribunal.

And don't get me started how the umpires and AFL have a long history of having a different system for H&A and finals...

independent my fat hairy arse.
You accuse me of "carrying on a lot" Vortex - maybe so but I feel compelled to bring you to account for your outrageous claims about AFL conspiracies and biased umpiring.

You blithely ignore my request for evidential proof of Barry Hall stating that the AFL had a hand in his acquittal, so in other words acting corruptly, and then go on to a long rant about your suspicions.

Seems to me you're suffering from a severe bout of jaundice (in your case probably brought on by s*** on liver) - it can be treated you know and once cured you'll feel a lot better about things....
You still carrying on....I suppose I should be thankful I've got you to hold me to account, I mean after it's a footy forum and certainly no place for unaccountability.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Thu 22 Oct 2020 1:42pm
Sanctorum wrote: Thu 22 Oct 2020 11:48am
Vortex wrote: Wed 21 Oct 2020 8:06pm
You claimed the umpires are independent of the AFL in response to me claiming the Brownlow is a brown-nose award for the fairest player. As usual you go nuts half cocked without comprehending.

But while we are chewing the fat, I'll add this, a system that disqualifies the "actual" best player from winning an award that values the fairest player above being the "best" player is not only a conflicted judging criteria, it is proof the award doesn't value who is necessarily the best. Moreover, umpires are unconsciously biased because the award is predominantly awarded to midfielders for obvious reasons. As I say, it's a legacy award from a bygone era that is more about the commercial benifts and razzmatazz for WAGs and other self interests.

If the AFL was fair dinkum about finding who is the fairest and who is the best then they would separate the awards and develop a more objective way of judging the best. Clearly the system of umpires being used to judge the fairest would still be applicable.

I also gave you an example of how the umpires are not independent.

The umpires work within the system and rules set down by the AFL. Umpires and the AFL as a system can manipulate an outcome based on an agenda. Compare the Barry hall case of 2005 and the Houli case in 2017 where the AFL intervened after the tribunal.

And don't get me started how the umpires and AFL have a long history of having a different system for H&A and finals...

independent my fat hairy arse.
You accuse me of "carrying on a lot" Vortex - maybe so but I feel compelled to bring you to account for your outrageous claims about AFL conspiracies and biased umpiring.

You blithely ignore my request for evidential proof of Barry Hall stating that the AFL had a hand in his acquittal, so in other words acting corruptly, and then go on to a long rant about your suspicions.

Seems to me you're suffering from a severe bout of jaundice (in your case probably brought on by s*** on liver) - it can be treated you know and once cured you'll feel a lot better about things....
You still carrying on....I suppose I should be thankful I've got you to hold me to account, I mean after it's a footy forum and certainly no place for unaccountability.
OMG