You heard it here first. <Treloar rumour 0/3>

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Recruit
Club Player

Re: You heard it here first..................

magnifisaint wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 4:39pm Treloar won't be in a good space next year. As good as he is I'd prefer Higgins.
Mate we are getting both

The Recruit
Club Player

Not sure what the confusion is here

Pies pay 200k a year for the next 5 years
We pay 600k

It is cheaper than Dylan Roberton

If Adam nominates is he is ours.

Big chance he comes now we have our first pick

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote: Wed 04 Nov 2020 9:31pm Not sure what the confusion is here

Pies pay 200k a year for the next 5 years
We pay 600k

It is cheaper than Dylan Roberton

If Adam nominates is he is ours.

Big chance he comes now we have our first pick
Yet if the Pies are that desperate to get him off their books why would we pay a first rounder for him even with the salary reduction

I say let the Pies sweat ....... payback time for Ball

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Wed 04 Nov 2020 7:31pm
bigred wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 5:00pm Yeah I'm calling bullshyt.

You heard it here first.
Crouch is ours and now we have turned our attention to Treloar. Still calling it bullshyt bigred? Apology accepted.
Now listen campaigner, go back and have another look at the first page of the thread where I aired concerns regarding the financials of getting Treloar.

I still think that this will ultimately be the hurdle that we cannot get over. I dont think they will do it if it puts the program under pressure.

I hope we get him. I just think we need to be incredibly careful about our salary cap, especially over the next few years. Max, Ben King, Clark, Coff, Paton etc will need more kanga. 2022 has quite a few coming out of contract.

Treloar would be a massive get. Huge even. Our midfield would be like nothing we have seen in the past fifty years. If we can do it, then do it. This might bring us forward a couple of years and have us as a legit contender next year if everyone stays fit.

We would have assembled a team in such a quick fashion not seen since North Melbourne threw bags of cash at players back in the 70's.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SaintPelican66
Club Player

bigred wrote: Wed 04 Nov 2020 11:12pm

You heard it here first.
Crouch is ours and now we have turned our attention to Treloar. Still calling it bullshyt bigred? Apology accepted.
Now listen campaigner, go back and have another look at the first page of the thread where I aired concerns regarding the financials of getting Treloar.

I still think that this will ultimately be the hurdle that we cannot get over. I dont think they will do it if it puts the program under pressure.

I hope we get him. I just think we need to be incredibly careful about our salary cap, especially over the next few years. Max, Ben King, Clark, Coff, Paton etc will need more kanga. 2022 has quite a few coming out of contract.

Treloar would be a massive get. Huge even. Our midfield would be like nothing we have seen in the past fifty years. If we can do it, then do it. This might bring us forward a couple of years and have us as a legit contender next year if everyone stays fit.

We would have assembled a team in such a quick fashion not seen since North Melbourne threw bags of cash at players back in the 70's.
We won't have to worry about our salary cap. If we can get Treloar and Higgins to go along with Crouch I am confident that we will win the flag next year or 2022 at the latest. Then our players will be willingly taking pay cuts to keep the team together. :mrgreen: Go you mighty Sainters!! :lol: :lol:

bigred
Saintsational Legend

LOLWOT.

Next year eh...

As if collingwood are gonna pay a million bucks over the duration for him to play here.... as if.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Wed 04 Nov 2020 11:12pm

You heard it here first.

“Campaigner”. Nice