Any news on Paddy Mac?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Any news on Paddy Mac?

Of course I would play

I played until I was 44 after numerous injuries. Funnily enough a shoulder reco ended my time, because I literally can’t tackle (or throw) so I had to finally give it away. Missus was very happy!

I thoroughly enjoyed my time playing, if the final years of my life are poor because of arthritis or dementia or whatever due to playing footy, I’ll suffer the consequences because the thirty years of enjoyment I got from playing were well worth it!

Quality of life in my prime, is far more important as to when I’m a geriatric!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

yea ... agree with that as well

its in our dna

boys are into war

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

death ‘n or injury happens to others

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 27 Jan 2021 4:18pm Most of us are just rambling on pointlessly with many of the posts made in this thread.

In my opinion it’s difficult trying to discuss something which involves both legal arguments and complex medical issues (especially in a field where the health experts are still learning about trauma to the brain) unless you are qualified to do so.

Sure you can have an opinion based on evidence before you and we can speculate on possible ramifications, but seriously, the AFL is a multi billion dollar industry that will find ways to manage this and other health concerns within the game. Aussie rules is part of our DNA and it’s not going to crumble because of CTE
When nueroscientists call for a ban on childrens contact sports , like here in NSW https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs ... a/11409732 , it gives emphasis for a media beat up...it becomes 'news'...

Yes, I agree, the AFL will lift its game, which will keep it out of hot water and the courts, but if fewer parents encourage their kids to play..there will be an effect.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Participation rates for Auskick and Junior Footy are through the roof!

This notion that mums won’t let their kids play AFL is nonsense

Many mums are active supporters of their kids (girls and boys) playing footy, are on junior football club committees and volunteer their time to help on game days.

Mums that don’t allow kids to play, generally have kids who are not interested the game as it’s not in the family way of life.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Looking like he’s out of luck on the field and off! Poor bugger, hope he’s ok

#1 Ryder fan
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

MC Gusto wrote: Thu 04 Feb 2021 2:46pm Looking like he’s out of luck on the field and off! Poor bugger, hope he’s ok
Can we believe the Hun?
Saying Lucy Brownless n PMac are no longer a couple?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 04 Feb 2021 9:49pm
MC Gusto wrote: Thu 04 Feb 2021 2:46pm Looking like he’s out of luck on the field and off! Poor bugger, hope he’s ok
Can we believe the Hun?
She'd be a typical wag
So as he's no longer in the big league and no longer earning the big bucks , his appeal will have waned .

In red white and black from 73
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Looks like she's a carbon copy of her mum. Paddy will probably play VFL and as long as he wears a big enough helmet will dominate.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
The Billings Method
Club Player

mr six o'clock wrote: Fri 05 Feb 2021 10:22am
Can we believe the Hun?
She'd be a typical wag
So as he's no longer in the big league and no longer earning the big bucks , his appeal will have waned .
How predictable, if true.

If alcohol can damage your short term memory, imagine what damage alcohol could do.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The Billings Method wrote: Fri 05 Feb 2021 11:42am
Can we believe the Hun?
She'd be a typical wag
I assume they crave the limelight, and not being able to be associated with a senior player reduces their street cred.
Mercenary behaviour

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Fri 05 Feb 2021 2:06pm
Can we believe the Hun?
She'd be a typical wag
I assume they crave the limelight, and not being able to be associated with a senior player reduces their street cred.
Mercenary behaviour
It’s two and a half years since Paddy played senior football. Maybe they just broke up.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Josh Battle
Club Player

Is she now looking to choose a bloke with a messy bedroom?

Sorry, not good to joke about anyone's relationship break-up but I couldn't resist

ace
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: Fri 22 Jan 2021 2:17pm Well 32 is still available
Not any longer.
They just gave 32 to Mason Wood.

That should send a clear message to Paddy McCartin.
If you ever play AFL football again it won't be St Kilda F.C.'s fault.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
ace
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Mon 25 Jan 2021 11:56am Times have certainly changed, it wasn't all that long ago that TV shows like "Bounce" on FoxFooty used to show highlight reels of fullbacks, including our beloved Spud, giving forwards a biff behind the ears when going for a mark, causing much mirth...not sure if that is now considered humorous.

Wearing protective headgear is obviously one way to lessen the impact of head knocks, although even in the gentlemanly game of cricket helmets are not much help when the ball hits the head at 140+kph.

That said, competitive contact sports of any description have always involved an element of physical risk of serious injury and I can't see that being curtailed, nor should it, that's life!

I mean, you're hardly going to stop riding your bike in the off-chance that you'll fall off or get run over by a truck...
I only ride my bicycle on the beach front bicycle track.
It is just so unsafe on the roads.

As for motor cycles, I once suggested to a guy that it was not a matter of if, but when.
A few months later a car changed lanes in front of him, trying to avoid on a rainy night down he went, the lorry could do nothing, his hip went under the wheels.
A doctor I know at the hospital said he was unlikely to live but he did, sort of.
I never had the balls to talk to him again.

Just like with McCartin if you put yourself at risk it is no use saying "but it was the other guys fault".
You get to suffer the consequences of putting yourself at danger.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Fri 05 Feb 2021 11:43pm
Sanctorum wrote: Mon 25 Jan 2021 11:56am Times have certainly changed, it wasn't all that long ago that TV shows like "Bounce" on FoxFooty used to show highlight reels of fullbacks, including our beloved Spud, giving forwards a biff behind the ears when going for a mark, causing much mirth...not sure if that is now considered humorous.

Wearing protective headgear is obviously one way to lessen the impact of head knocks, although even in the gentlemanly game of cricket helmets are not much help when the ball hits the head at 140+kph.

That said, competitive contact sports of any description have always involved an element of physical risk of serious injury and I can't see that being curtailed, nor should it, that's life!

I mean, you're hardly going to stop riding your bike in the off-chance that you'll fall off or get run over by a truck...
I only ride my bicycle on the beach front bicycle track.
It is just so unsafe on the roads.

As for motor cycles, I once suggested to a guy that it was not a matter of if, but when.
A few months later a car changed lanes in front of him, trying to avoid on a rainy night down he went, the lorry could do nothing, his hip went under the wheels.
A doctor I know at the hospital said he was unlikely to live but he did, sort of.
I never had the balls to talk to him again.

Just like with McCartin if you put yourself at risk it is no use saying "but it was the other guys fault".
You get to suffer the consequences of putting yourself at danger.
I know a guy who calls motor bike riders, temporary Australians. They are only here for a short time.

The Billings Method
Club Player

A popular surgeon's story is the transplant guys loved rainy nights because there was a guarantee of fresh transplant organs from fit, healthy, young Australian motorcycle riders. Dark, but true.

If alcohol can damage your short term memory, imagine what damage alcohol could do.
Shaggy
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Fri 05 Feb 2021 2:40pm
Can we believe the Hun?
She'd be a typical wag
Mercenary behaviour
It’s two and a half years since Paddy played senior football. Maybe they just broke up.
Agree. They started together when they were 19. They are now 24. Its amazing they lasted this long with all the s*** they have both been through during their relationship.

I doubt there are many forumites who are with their 19 year old sweet heart today.

Harves Man
Club Player

Can we believe the Hun?
She'd be a typical wag
Mercenary behaviour
Please don't get me wrong - I'm not saying this is the case - they could have split up for any of dozens (or more!) reasons. But the last few posts are reminding me of the way the highest earning models think - they appear to think that you earn as much money in modeling as you can and when you are really well known, you go out to nightclubs, rich peoples' luxury yachts, etc and go find the richest guy available.

You then marry them and seal the financial deal by having at least one baby (superannuation, at the very least). At this point, it really doesn't matter if you love the guy or not, nor does it matter what happens to the relationship - if you split up, you split up - big deal - you are now laughing, financially speaking.

Apologies for the raw cynicism and rant!

66Iwasthere
Club Player

Says a lot about the rich guy as well

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

The Billings Method wrote: Sat 06 Feb 2021 11:57am A popular surgeon's story is the transplant guys loved rainy nights because there was a guarantee of fresh transplant organs from fit, healthy, young Australian motorcycle riders. Dark, but true.
That's actually true. And even moreso in the US states where helmet wearing is non-compulsory. I know a chap in the States who needed a kidney transplant who was told to re-locate to Illinois or Iowa during the US winter. Motorcycles + No helmet laws + wet roads = eventual abundance of organs for transplant.

Go you red, black & white warriors
ace
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Sun 24 Jan 2021 6:54pm Totally agree. There needs to be a scientific/medical limit placed on players suffering concussion before they are deregistered for their own long term welfare. I also hope Paddy sees sense and gives the game away.

Footy is a great game while you are young and playing but the long term affects are not worth it. I had two reco's on one knee during my playing days, which in my 50's developed into osteoarthritis. Now at 56 I have just undergone a full knee replacement. Ask me now if the game was worth it I would say - definitely not! There is not too many senior players that get through a career without going under the knife for one reason or another.

Gee, AFL must me a crap sport at the elite level for you to say that.

I am sulking at home because I can not go to Europe for 3 months of skiing (sort of).
I haven't had a knee recco or replacement but my knees are stuffed.
They hit too many moguls and psoriatic arthritis has done untold damage.
No cartilage left it appears.
The arthritis is now reasonably well controlled by methotrexate.
My knees hurt for the first week or so but after a while only if the snow gets choppy.
I only have one screw in my right shoulder but nine screws and a metal plate in my left.
All caused by skiing.

Now type 2 diabetes steals energy from my leg muscles.
But I can still initiate a weight transfer parallel turn and ski slowly.
I have no regrets, I just want to do more skiing while I can still stand (I can't run, jump, hop or skip).
I hate this virus, it has killed a ski season for me and at my age there aren't too many left.
Roughly 35 years ago I promised myself I would ski on my 70th birthday so it had better be gone from Oz and Europe by the start of 2022.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Wed 10 Feb 2021 12:09am
Impatient Sainter wrote: Sun 24 Jan 2021 6:54pm Totally agree. There needs to be a scientific/medical limit placed on players suffering concussion before they are deregistered for their own long term welfare. I also hope Paddy sees sense and gives the game away.

Footy is a great game while you are young and playing but the long term affects are not worth it. I had two reco's on one knee during my playing days, which in my 50's developed into osteoarthritis. Now at 56 I have just undergone a full knee replacement. Ask me now if the game was worth it I would say - definitely not! There is not too many senior players that get through a career without going under the knife for one reason or another.

Gee, AFL must me a crap sport at the elite level for you to say that.

I am sulking at home because I can not go to Europe for 3 months of skiing (sort of).
I haven't had a knee recco or replacement but my knees are stuffed.
They hit too many moguls and psoriatic arthritis has done untold damage.
No cartilage left it appears.
The arthritis is now reasonably well controlled by methotrexate.
My knees hurt for the first week or so but after a while only if the snow gets choppy.
I only have one screw in my right shoulder but nine screws and a metal plate in my left.
All caused by skiing.

Now type 2 diabetes steals energy from my leg muscles.
But I can still initiate a weight transfer parallel turn and ski slowly.
I have no regrets, I just want to do more skiing while I can still stand (I can't run, jump, hop or skip).
I hate this virus, it has killed a ski season for me and at my age there aren't too many left.
Roughly 35 years ago I promised myself I would ski on my 70th birthday so it had better be gone from Oz and Europe by the start of 2022.
10 screws in your shoulders. Did you have the skis on your legs or your arms?

ace
Saintsational Legend

Harves Man wrote: Mon 08 Feb 2021 5:35am
Can we believe the Hun?
She'd be a typical wag
Mercenary behaviour
Please don't get me wrong - I'm not saying this is the case - they could have split up for any of dozens (or more!) reasons. But the last few posts are reminding me of the way the highest earning models think - they appear to think that you earn as much money in modeling as you can and when you are really well known, you go out to nightclubs, rich peoples' luxury yachts, etc and go find the richest guy available.

You then marry them and seal the financial deal by having at least one baby (superannuation, at the very least). At this point, it really doesn't matter if you love the guy or not, nor does it matter what happens to the relationship - if you split up, you split up - big deal - you are now laughing, financially speaking.

Apologies for the raw cynicism and rant!
Cougar Miranda Kerr would never have done such a thing.
She met cute guy fell in love with him, he thought trophy in underwear.
Shock, she never knew he was a billionaire until later.

ace
Saintsational Legend

How cruel was the NSW inquiry into the fitness of Crown Resorts Ltd to hold the Barrangaro casino licence.

Poor Andrew Demetriou still suffering from the effects of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy from his playing days was humiliated.
Now the media are suggesting he resign as a director of Crown.
But he was unable to understand that as a person who stood for election as an independent director he was supposed to act independently and not take orders from Packo's***.
If he does resign then his multi million assets will prevent him getting JobSeeker payments with no honest employer willing to take on a guy who was made to look like a crook.
Is the man supposed to see out his days in luxurious poverty.
Last edited by ace on Thu 11 Feb 2021 12:56pm, edited 1 time in total.