Tasmania. Why?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tasmania. Why?

The Fireman wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 8:46pm should have been one before the NSW and Qld extra teams BM.

The AFL were being arsehelos in not having a team in one of the most avid Aussie rules states if not the most avid outside of victoria.
100%

We have the ANZAC day thing of course, and any other cause.

But Tassie doesn't count.

Tassie is part of the football culture in the country and AFL. A pillar .

However, sports bodies need some business sense, so I can understand why it wasn't so easy.

In cricket, same familiar rationales.

Cricket was played there in 1803, before Victoria was thought of.
They won the first ever first class match in Australia.
But they struggled and isolation, not only from the mainland, but the three mini-states within Tassie too. The south, the north and then the north-west*.

* Industry and mines silver, tin?, gold ? mines up there in the west north are had its own thing too, because they had a footy league too I believe.

Anyway, the point is, the mainland wanted Tassie in the Shield (notionally at least) but they were figured to be too out of the way, divided, weak and small. Not admitted to the Sheffield Shield until 1977 and only on a downgraded basis. 170+ years after a cricket ball was bowled (underarm?) there.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
loris
Saintsational Legend

Off Topic
Vortex wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 8:31pm
B.M wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 8:03pm And it doesn’t matter if you lived there

If you’re not born there - you’re not Tasmanian

Therefore it stands to reason you don’t feel like a proud Tasmanian

I grew up there. Haven’t lived there for 30 years

And still call myself Tasmanian and will barrack for a Tassie team as soon as they come in!
Fair enough B.M. but I just recon it's a numbers game overlaid with a healthy dose of politics.
Recon????? I thought someone with a PhD would know it’s reckon???
Maybe this was a typo? Then, I noticed you’ve been spelling it the same way in a few recent posts.

Mum’s the word though eh? We can’t let the 🔥 Fireman know you too can’t spell. I’m sure Fireman would argue this somewhat lowers the educational prestige of one possessing a PhD.

Oh where, oh where is ‘Spelly’? Definitely need her to return to police spelling & grammar standards on SS?

Funny how a few posters with different nicknames who don’t appear to post here anymore (I think they were banned???). They also spelt reckon as recon.🤷🏽‍♀️

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 1:09am
Off Topic

And still call myself Tasmanian and will barrack for a Tassie team as soon as they come in!
Fair enough B.M. but I just recon it's a numbers game overlaid with a healthy dose of politics.
Maybe this was a typo? Then, I noticed you’ve been spelling it the same way in a few recent posts.

Mum’s the word though eh? We can’t let the 🔥 Fireman know you too can’t spell. I’m sure Fireman would argue this somewhat lowers the educational prestige of one possessing a PhD.

Oh where, oh where is ‘Spelly’? Definitely need her to return to police spelling & grammar standards on SS?

Funny how a few posters with different nicknames who don’t appear to post here anymore (I think they were banned???). They also spelt reckon as recon.🤷🏽‍♀️
There is no prestige to owning a PhD. That is a classist myth. You can pin a PhD on a pig. It is still a pig.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 8:54am
Off Topic

There is no prestige to owning a PhD. That is a classist myth. You can pin a PhD on a pig. It is still a pig.
Spelly was great fun to have a round. Wanna take over the Job Loris ? ;)

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Off Topic

I know right Loris, nothing gets past Firey, he's hot (no pun intended) on the finer points of written expression, it's why I have a PhD in Microsoft Word, without it me spellin N gramma would be even more teribler.

I remember Spelly, sheez that's going back a while now though aye!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Off Topic

:wink:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

or

we can come at it from this angle

saynta
Saintsational Legend

And I thank the lord for that.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Off Topic

You say that like pigs are beneath you.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

thats it

we are Taswegians first , Skippies second

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 10:42am
Off Topic

The pig with the PhD or the other one without it? Apparently it matters. What you recon?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 4:29pm
Vortex wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 10:42am
Off Topic

The pig with the PhD or the other one without it? Apparently it matters. What you recon?
Oh nothing I was just confused with the irony of your comment, in one hand you sounded like you were making a point about class, but on the other you were putting down pigs.

So I recon you are either confused about how not to be a classist or you have an inferior complex, or maybe you need to read more white papers on complex phycology theories.

Love all the animals.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Not really n here for an English lesson

Go to a literature forum for that!!!

Discuss the topic, who gives a s*** how you do it!!!

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

PhDs were being handed out for 300 years, before literacy for anyone, but the elite, was even considered. They are classists trickery and legal witchcraft.
Literacy rates aren't getting any better. Sort of takes the shine off those Doctors of Philosophy dragging us all along with them
and their fancy complex words and spellings.
You literally just misquoted me and added context only you would understand.
I think.my point has been made.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 6:33pm Not really n here for an English lesson

Go to a literature forum for that!!!

Discuss the topic, who gives a s*** how you do it!!!
I'm not really sure who you are directing that at. There are protocols for quoting if you are interested in a lesson relevant to your interest.
I'll assume its Loris, who announced she was going off topic. You don't have to follow but here you are.
You could mind your own business and leave with a one liner but its great to see you are stretching yourself.
There's no need to be rude though.

loris
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 9:45am
Off Topic

Nah 🔥 Firey - my skins not thick enough, boy oh boy she used to get some stick! I’m just a hit, run & hide type of induvidual. Spelly had the gumption to stand up to the flack coming her way - a good 😇 was our Spelly!

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I am against quoting

It makes threads unreadable

Not sure if you are replying to a comment or conversation you have to repeat EVERYTHING that’s been said on the topic before replying
If you can’t work out in this thread who I’m replying to, maybe have a closer read?! Or you’re lacking intelligence- I don’t know

Put it this way

In a conversation with multiple people, when making a point, do you have to repeat what’s been said prior before making your point?
Are people really that dumb?! I suggest giving people some credit - generally they cam follow a conversation - even with multiple people…

IMO constant multiple quoting is ridiculous and ruins threads

loris
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 10:04am
Off Topic

I know right Loris, nothing gets past Firey, he's hot (no pun intended) on the finer points of written expression, it's why I have a PhD in Microsoft Word, without it me spellin N gramma would be even more teribler.

I remember Spelly, sheez that's going back a while now though aye!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
V. I do luv you moor, now that you’ve got off your angry pills 😘

saynta
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 7:34pm
Off Topic

Nah 🔥 Firey - my skins not thick enough, boy oh boy she used to get some stick! I’m just a hit, run & hide type of induvidual. Spelly had the gumption to stand up to the flack coming her way - a good 😇 was our Spelly!
One of my favorites actually.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Why don't you just try minding your own business and don't come off track with us. You've tried before but failed to improve my intelligence. Again, why do you persist?

loris
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 7:40pm
Off Topic

Nah 🔥 Firey - my skins not thick enough, boy oh boy she used to get some stick! I’m just a hit, run & hide type of individual. Spelly had the gumption to stand up to the flack coming her way - a good 😇 was our Spelly!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 7:40pm
Off Topic

i thought i was your favourite

gazzles sad

loris
Saintsational Legend

:?
CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 7:50pm Why don't you just try minding your own business and don't come off track with us. You've tried before but failed to improve my intelligence. Again, why do you persist?
Pardon my lack of intelligence CQ SAINT, without you quoting, I can’t decipher who you are responding to 🤔 :wink: it could be one of 3 posters on this thread.

Do you realize Tassie is my favourite State in this wide brown land of AUS and, I’ve seen plenty of it over my to be 79 years. I think the song, “I’ve Been Everywhere Man, I’ve Been Everywhere Man” was written just for me.

A history lesson for those who dislike English lessons. My Tassie claim to fame. I was arrested, when I chained myself to a bull-dozer, when Dr Bob Brown led a motley crew of environmentalists to Save The Gordon Below Franklin oh so long, long ago.

CQ SAINT, do you think that might get me any brownie points from the PE teacher, and forgive me a little for going off topic and worse still for using the quote button??

Sheez (I learnt that word off Vortex), it took me so, so long to work out how to use the quote button, a skill I don’t want to lose, by lack of use.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 8:24pm :?
CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 7:50pm Why don't you just try minding your own business and don't come off track with us. You've tried before but failed to improve my intelligence. Again, why do you persist?
Pardon my lack of intelligence CQ SAINT, without you quoting, I can’t decipher who you are responding to 🤔 :wink: it could be one of 3 posters on this thread.

Do you realize Tassie is my favourite State in this wide brown land of AUS and, I’ve seen plenty of it over my to be 79 years. I think the song, “I’ve Been Everywhere Man, I’ve Been Everywhere Man” was written just for me.

A history lesson for those who dislike English lessons. My Tassie claim to fame. I was arrested, when I chained myself to a bull-dozer, when Dr Bob Brown led a motley crew of environmentalists to Save The Gordon Below Franklin oh so long, long ago.

CQ SAINT, do you think that might get me any brownie points from the PE teacher, and forgive me a little for going off topic and worse still for using the quote button??

Sheez (I learnt that word off Vortex), it took me so, so long to work out how to use the quote button, a skill I don’t want to lose, by lack of use.
I thought he was referring to BM