Message from the President

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Message from the President

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 26 May 2021 10:21pm Yes saynta, I remember you banging on about that on a few occasions. On one of those occasions you had been so incensed by people ignoring him in the votes, yourself included for that particular round. It still means jack in the scheme of things.

Whether you or I give Seb votes or the coach or the umpires, it does not change how St Kilda is travelling. The more votes that Seb gets the more average our club is, true or false?
More rubbish.

Are you stalking me or have I hit a sore point in regards to Seb. The round I was talking about I did give Seb votes. 3 from memory.

I respect of your last offensive question the answer is a definite FALSE. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

So ...you were expecting him to publicly bag the football related decisions that had been implemented by people that actually appointed him?? ...hmmmmm... Remember the people that appointed him were also mainly responsible for appointing Richo. So if he bags Cho or bags the decisions made before he arrived he is indirectly bagging his employer

Maybe...perhaps you would have just been happy if Ratten declared to the media and to all Saints fans that Cho was a dud and he was overhauling the whole footy department and the game plan?

Speaking of game plan...we all know that Ratts did overhaul that. It was one of the main reasons we had such a successful year and one of the many changes that Ratts had implemented.

Ratts didn't create the mess and is NOT up to his ears imo. Ratten is the senior coach but Ratten is not the reason we have a mediocre team. He does make mistakes, but Ratts was NOT solely responsible for recruiting.

He's not responsible for the decisions to trade and bring in recycled players and trade away all our draft picks for Brad Hill. He certainly had nothing to do with the decision to recruit Hannebery.

He wasn't responsible for the development program over the last 4-5 years. He's not responsible for strength and conditioning (we have guys like Gresh and Jones getting injuries that I think were probably avoidable). He's not the only bloke who makes selection committee decisions. I don't even think he has the final word if you listen to Simon sometimes

The people running the club for the last 5-6 years...along with Lethlean are the ones responsible for where we are atm. Let's hope they allow Ratts to make more longer term decisions in the interest of building a good team for 2022 and beyond
Sense

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 11:27am
Ghost Like wrote: Wed 26 May 2021 10:21pm Yes saynta, I remember you banging on about that on a few occasions. On one of those occasions you had been so incensed by people ignoring him in the votes, yourself included for that particular round. It still means jack in the scheme of things.

Whether you or I give Seb votes or the coach or the umpires, it does not change how St Kilda is travelling. The more votes that Seb gets the more average our club is, true or false?
More rubbish.

Are you stalking me or have I hit a sore point in regards to Seb. The round I was talking about I did give Seb votes. 3 from memory.

I respect of your last offensive question the answer is a definite FALSE. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
No sore point, we disagree. No stalking, not worth the time or effort. Simply disagree in the how high Seb's abilities should be held.

Oh, there was a round you whinged about the lack of respect shown to Seb by voters. That same round you may have not been able to squeeze him in your votes.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 1:49pm

More rubbish.

No sore point, we disagree. No stalking, not worth the time or effort. Simply disagree in the how high Seb's abilities should be held.

Oh, there was a round you whinged about the lack of respect shown to Seb by voters. That same round you may have not been able to squeeze him in your votes.
Not true as far as my memory goes. Although, the thought that my voting may be biased in favour of Seb sometimes causes me to give him less votes than he probably deserved.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 2:47pm
Ghost Like wrote: Thu 27 May 2021 1:49pm

More rubbish.

Not true as far as my memory goes. Although, the thought that my voting may be biased in favour of Seb sometimes causes me to give him less votes than he probably deserved.
Fair enough, congrats on your passionate defence of him. Personally if a player deserves votes don't let bias inflate or deflate those votes.

Bloody hell, if McKernan could play a good game I'd love to give him votes.