Clarko and the Hawks alleged disgusting behaviour.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Re: Clarko and the Hawks disgusting behaviour.

stfiddler wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:21pm If Clarkson and Fagan go, it seems the only penalty paid is by North and Brisbane.
True but the AFL and society have to say enough is enough! If the allegations are proven there is no way those responsible can maintain their positions in the game.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Fagan taking leave of absence from his duties at Brisbane while the AFL investigate

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/ ... /101460550

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

ABC wrote:The Brisbane Lions have released a statement.

"The Brisbane Lions are aware Senior Coach Chris Fagan will work with the AFL on an investigation into allegations concerning historical events at the Hawthorn Football Club, where he was a former employee," the statement read.

"Chris supports and welcomes the investigation.

"He was not consulted during the Hawthorn sponsored review and looks forward to the opportunity to be heard as part of the AFL investigation.

"The Brisbane Lions and Chris have mutually agreed that he will take a leave of absence from the Club so he can fully cooperate in the investigation.

"As the matters are now with the AFL Integrity Unit, the Brisbane Lions won't make any further comment at this stage."
This wouldn't happen if it was all mayo!

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

There were those that thought the Essendon drug cheating was a media beat up to start with.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 1:54pm Taking all the emotion out of this, let's concentrate on the facts here.

Facts are, a very well reputed Journalist has not been backward in naming names here.
My history in Media tells me that this article would have been picked apart by the ABC Lawyers before it was published.
Lawyers would have been very careful about throwing names out there unless they have proof this happened. Otherwise it would have been "Senior Hawthorn Officials" etc instead we get things like "Clarkson said".
Now I don't for a second pretend to know what this evidence or proof is, but believe me there is zero chance that this would have been allowed to be printed unless there was some.
It’s interesting that Clarko, Fagan, Burt and others are named, but no mention of Brett Ratten

Rubyjo
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:28pm
IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 1:54pm Taking all the emotion out of this, let's concentrate on the facts here.

Facts are, a very well reputed Journalist has not been backward in naming names here.
My history in Media tells me that this article would have been picked apart by the ABC Lawyers before it was published.
Lawyers would have been very careful about throwing names out there unless they have proof this happened. Otherwise it would have been "Senior Hawthorn Officials" etc instead we get things like "Clarkson said".
Now I don't for a second pretend to know what this evidence or proof is, but believe me there is zero chance that this would have been allowed to be printed unless there was some.
It’s interesting that Clarko, Fagan, Burt and others are named, but no mention of Brett Ratten
Brett has looked dishevelled all year.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:30pm
Scollop wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:28pm

Brett has looked dishevelled all year.
What does that have to do with this story?

Are you suggesting there is a connection?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 1:35pm
Hopefully this is another step forward for educating the younger generation about the systemic culture of racism in our society

For some of the older folk and the dumbasses in our society…I’m just holding out until they curl their toes over
I’m really hopeful that next generation will sort this out for us once and for all…

Don’t get me wrong… huge gains have been made over 30 years but it has felt like at times, progress has come with kicking and screaming regarding the apology, Adam Goodes, and a whole bunch of minimising of bad outcomes.

A lot of ppl seem resigned to the outcome without embracing the message.

I watch some local football in my area
At u12 level the indigenous kids do right to country or other presentations I’m less familiar with.
Their team mates lock arms around them and treat it with complete devotion. To them it’s not a tokenistic gesture.

People whine about snowflakes and 2PC etc but overall I think that the emphasis social progression is doing a hell of a lot more good than bad
Last edited by skeptic on Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:54pm, edited 2 times in total.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I agree Skeptic

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:36pm
Scollop wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 1:35pm
Hopefully this is another step forward for educating the younger generation about the systemic culture of racism in our society

For some of the older folk and the dumbasses in our society…I’m just holding out until they curl their toes over
I’m really hopeful that next generation will sort this out for us once and for all…

Don’t get me wrong… done huge gains have been made over 30 years but it has felt like at times, progress has come with kicking and screaming regarding the apology, Adam Goodes, and a whole bunch of minimising of bad outcomes.

I watch some local football in my area
At u12 level the indigenous kids do right to country or other presentations I’m less familiar with.
Their team mates lock arms around them and treat it with complete and devotion. To them it’s not a tokenistic gesture.

People whine about snowflakes and 2PC etc but overall I think that the emphasis social progression is doing a hell of a lot more good than bad
Sort this out fir once?

Media?
Our penchant for blaming and accusing one another?
Racism?
Discrimination?
History?
Human nature?

That is a tall order…

But looking on the bright side…one hopes for universal and genuine commitment.

Cannot ideologically cleanse the 200,000 immigrants we welcome each year of their history and cultural baggage?
And according to who …? Who makes the rule?
Or repossess the farmlands inherited from squatters and passed down through generations?
Rebuke mining rights?
No..
But their kids will see.

Meanwhile, let’s blame the old folks…dastardly conservative, clinging to their privileges and dark secrets.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

"Natural Justice"?

Regardless of the investigation's outcome Fagan and Clarkson will be/have been seriously damaged.

Ok if they have done wrong, but if not?

And if found to have done wrong, the penalties?

Terribly complex and serious issues at play. There is a huge responsibility on the review panel.

Who else is going to be dragged into this vortex.

Wall to wall lawyers?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

The assumption of guilt in this thread by ALLEGATIONS is interesting

saint4life
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:25pm Fagan taking leave of absence from his duties at Brisbane while the AFL investigate

Fagan appears to be a good person who genuinely cares for his club and players. Id hope if he has made an error he is one of the few who would apologise and show real remorse, hence his leave of absence.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Life Long Saint wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:26pm https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/ ... /101460550

"The Brisbane Lions are aware Senior Coach Chris Fagan will work with the AFL on an investigation into allegations concerning historical events at the Hawthorn Football Club, where he was a former employee," the statement read.

"He was not consulted during the Hawthorn sponsored review and looks forward to the opportunity to be heard as part of the AFL investigation.

"The Brisbane Lions and Chris have mutually agreed that he will take a leave of absence from the Club so he can fully cooperate in the investigation.

"As the matters are now with the AFL Integrity Unit, the Brisbane Lions won't make any further comment at this stage."
The mere fact some people's first thought was that the story had Mayo, shows exactly how big of a problem we have.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 3:03pm "Natural Justice"?

Regardless of the investigation's outcome Fagan and Clarkson will be/have been seriously damaged.

Ok if they have done wrong, but if not?

And if found to have done wrong, the penalties?

Terribly complex and serious issues at play. There is a huge responsibility on the review panel.

Who else is going to be dragged into this vortex.

Wall to wall lawyers?
Discrimination law has moved away from reprisal legal ramifications to more conciliation and mediation outcomes. Thats not to suggest the individuals, Hawthorn & the AFL aren't open to civil action if the allegations are founded. In that instance Im sure they would be well covered by insurance.
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Wed 21 Sep 2022 3:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:25pm
stfiddler wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:21pm If Clarkson and Fagan go, it seems the only penalty paid is by North and Brisbane.
True but the AFL and society have to say enough is enough! If the allegations are proven there is no way those responsible can maintain their positions in the game.
If false...what happens to those alleging

saint4life
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 3:13pm
If false, the ABC will have one of the biggest defamation cases against them in Australian history. So with that over their heads..... why did their legal team allow this to go to print? Read between the lines here.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Gee the ABC have gone full nuclear with their timing.

Dropping this in the first GF week after 2 covid cups is making a statement.

Clearly the AFL only control all the media except the Ita Buttrose tabloid.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

So you think a number of separate parties conspiring together to bring down Hawthorn (for some reason...?) is a likely outcome?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

The fact that the AFL is paying for counselling suggests they have already accepted some liability. Plus I doubt the Hawthorn FC would have referred the review to the AFL Integrity Team and the AFL media releases if there wasnt a prima facie case/s. However like any disclosure of this gravity they have to sign legal documents and there are consequences if they are found to have perjured themselves.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 1:56pm P.S. We dodged a bullet in not going after Clarkson. I can’t help but feel bad for North Melbourne.
Maybe our AFL insider Lethlean knew something was up hence why we didn't go after Clarkson?

And yeah ...... I don't feel sorry for North

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 3:12pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 2:26pm https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/ ... /101460550

The mere fact some people's first thought was that the story had Mayo, shows exactly how big of a problem we have.

Due to being involved in teens and young adults how do we know these respected men weren't trying to offer support, guidance or in fact try to get the person on track. A mate of mine was drafted and he was told to cut ties with a group that were heading down the wrong path.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
amusingname
Club Player

chook23 wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 3:06pm The assumption of guilt in this thread by ALLEGATIONS is interesting
Everyone makes judgements based on the information that they have at hand. That is basically what every news story is, providing information from whatever sources they have. Hawthorn themselves have said it is disturbing what has been found by them, hence the referral to AFL integrity. If Clarko comes out and says that he categorically did nothing close to what people are alleging in the report, then it gets more troubling as either 3 or more individuals are lying in unison about their experiences at the club or one of the greatest coaches of the modern era is.

Hopefully there is an explanation that makes sense of what at the moment is very bad for everyone involved.

amusingname
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 3:23pm

Due to being involved in teens and young adults how do we know these respected men weren't trying to offer support, guidance or in fact try to get the person on track. A mate of mine was drafted and he was told to cut ties with a group that were heading down the wrong path.
Did he also have his SIM card changed so they can’t contact him and was told he was now living with a coach? That kind of control (not even mentioning the issue of suggesting a baby being bad for someone’s career) is what the issue is, when it seems to occur solely with indigenous players it is something else altogether.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 3:23pm

Not hard to see which side of the desk Curly would be on!

"Trying to get the person on track"? I think the point of the article was exposing how those "respected men" were in no position to decide what "track" those young men should be on.

Also there is a difference between "told" and "forced against their will".

There is also a difference between "a group" and someone's direct family and significant other that they are in a committed relationship with.

But you have a history of going straight to defending the 'white male' in these kind of cases, so no surprises here!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.