Carlton Woeful

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlton Woeful

The other learning is that our all star coaching group didn’t learn anything from Daicos tearing us apart and had to repeat the lesson last week.

E minus for that lesson also !

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Carlton are playing better than us.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The sides with less than 5 wins need 9-11 to pass us. Geelong, Freo and Sydney. The chances are slim.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 3:29pm The other learning is that our all star coaching group didn’t learn anything from Daicos tearing us apart and had to repeat the lesson last week.

E minus for that lesson also !
We didn't play Daicos last week. Sicily was held in the third. Our mids fell over in the last and Hawthorns ran over us. Im pretty sure that wasn't part of the plan, just more learning, about our mids.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Funny how Port Adelaide fans wanted their coach sacked and are going like a bomb.
We on the other hand have all but built a temple to the returning messiah who has done no better than the last sacked coach.
According to a few on here it’s the list it’s the midfield etc, but early we were winning due to the coach.

How about a bit of balance , please?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

It’s almost as if some posters derive more pleasure from us performing badly than they do when we perform well.

What’s the lesson from that?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 4:08pm It’s almost as if some posters derive more pleasure from us performing badly than they do when we perform well.

So so true
It’s just bizarre
I’ve seen more posts since we’ve dropped a few games ready to attack the coach after 11 games
It’s not even a joke …quite odd behaviour
It’s like…we are only happy when we are shyte ??
Yes I’m a Lyon fan - for only 1 reason …I think his coaching nous makes us better (see Voss …Ratten mk2) but I only care about 1 thing…becoming good
IF Someone better presents in 3 years - out ya go Ross
Sane with players - I’m tired of idolising individual players…no longer care
I want what Hawks have gad every 10 years or so on avg…premiership team !!
Preferably before death.

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 3:33pm The sides with less than 5 wins need 9-11 to pass us. Geelong, Freo and Sydney. The chances are slim.
It happened last season.

The Bulldogs passed us. Freo look most likely.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 3:42pm Funny how Port Adelaide fans wanted their coach sacked and are going like a bomb.
We on the other hand have all but built a temple to the returning messiah who has done no better than the last sacked coach.
According to a few on here it’s the list it’s the midfield etc, but early we were winning due to the coach.

How about a bit of balance , please?
It's why I'm starting to think about running for president so I can get my three word slogan delivered to long suffering fans who have had enough of the messiah complex that has dogged the club for eternity. We nee a president that truly believes in what it means to invest in the "Sum of all Parts". We need to remove the elite coteries with their faceless members who use the club to promote their own agenda's. It's time, it's time for real action, it's time to get the "Sum of all Parts" working to get us some silverware.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 4:26pm
Mr Magic wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 4:08pm It’s almost as if some posters derive more pleasure from us performing badly than they do when we perform well.

So so true
It’s just bizarre
I’ve seen more posts since we’ve dropped a few games ready to attack the coach after 11 games
It’s not even a joke …quite odd behaviour
It’s like…we are only happy when we are shyte ??
Yes I’m a Lyon fan - for only 1 reason …I think his coaching nous makes us better (see Voss …Ratten mk2) but I only care about 1 thing…becoming good
IF Someone better presents in 3 years - out ya go Ross
Sane with players - I’m tired of idolising individual players…no longer care
I want what Hawks have gad every 10 years or so on avg…premiership team !!
Preferably before death.
Bizarre is such a good term to describe this.
The core of the term supporter is support,
something seemingly lacking in a hardcore group of posters who take delight in bagging most aspects of the Club they’re supposed to support.
Always quick to criticise
Always slow to laud

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The ramblings of lunatics (or otherwise) on forums doesn't amount to "support" or "not support". Support is showing up at games, getting involved with the club.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 4:47pm The ramblings of lunatics (or otherwise) on forums doesn't amount to "support" or "not support". Support is showing up at games, getting involved with the club.
True
But it’s a weird type of behaviour on a footy fan site when you can sense posters eagerly waiting for their team to fall over so they can say - I told you so
We’ve got Saynta openly hating on the coach after 11 games ??
You can’t deny that’s odd behaviour..
Surely we just want to win???

“Yeah….nah””
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 4:29pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 3:33pm The sides with less than 5 wins need 9-11 to pass us. Geelong, Freo and Sydney. The chances are slim.
It happened last season.

The Bulldogs are in th 8 already. We assume those teams and Freo will win more often. Without the emotional memory, likelihood, comes down to a week to week prospect.

All this projecting and retracing, it distorts reality. We are 6-10 range and every game could make a difference.
It just depends on who gets to say, what we should achieve and when.
But, IMO, there are more indicators its likely, Lyon/Ratten arguments aside, than it's unlikely, Lyon, Harvey, Hayes and Enright will build a finals competent list before 2026 and 2023 is purely an exploratory year, based on Intel Enright already had and ideas Harvey and Hayes brought to that. We know what to expect from Ross. We just want to hear him toe the line and think short term, but he won't, he has a clear plan and a timeline, you can count on that. That's why he won't negotiate. He has learnt to compromise. He gets a free pass, because we showed his system worked and it's clearly been altered.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Some people just react to diversity differently.

Some it's anger, some it's fear, some it's dejection, for me I just want to find ways to fix it.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

As one of the lunatics, I don’t believe that support must be at all times and in all ways unconditional.
Earlier in the season I like most on here was enjoying the ride, in fact I even started to enjoy some of the softer Lyon press conferences!
As things have started to turn to custard we come on here to grieve with our fellow sufferers.
Now one may say that 7 and 4 is above expectations and I wouldn’t disagree but the manner of last week’s defeat and the severity of the Adelaide loss were a bit poo to me!

Even taking into account the holes in the list there are always things that coaches could do differently.
EG why not rest Marshall and play Campbell against Collingwood?Mids would getter better service and Marshall comes back fresh after a rest.

I believe a forum is where different views can be canvassed not just an online cheer squad!

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 5:04pm Some people just react to [/soundcloud]diversity differently.

Some it's anger, some it's fear, some it's dejection, for me I just want to find ways to fix it.
I think the word you were looking for was “adversity” !

Not sure it’s even legal to oppose diversity in these enlightened times!! :oops: :oops:

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 5:05pm As one of the lunatics, I don’t believe that support must be at all times and in all ways unconditional.
Earlier in the season I like most on here was enjoying the ride, in fact I even started to enjoy some of the softer Lyon press conferences!
As things have started to turn to custard we come on here to grieve with our fellow sufferers.
Now one may say that 7 and 4 is above expectations and I wouldn’t disagree but the manner of last week’s defeat and the severity of the Adelaide loss were a bit poo to me!

Even taking into account the holes in the list there are always things that coaches could do differently.
EG why not rest Marshall and play Campbell against Collingwood?Mids would getter better service and Marshall comes back fresh after a rest.

I believe a forum is where different views can be canvassed not just an online cheer squad!
13% of the best ruckman in the league's taps go to advantage, and 25 percent are sharked. Be a shark.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

I love Marshall’s work more generally, but him dropping it at his feet would be ok if we had great midfielders but ALAS!!!

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Crouch, Steele???

Don’t rate them?

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 5:47pm Crouch, Steele???

Don’t rate them?
Rate both when at their best, but current form poor and probably would go better with a Paddy Ryder type ruckman.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 5:09pm Not sure it’s even legal to oppose diversity in these enlightened times!! :oops: :oops:
Haha! I'm not even going to correct myself with an edit on that one. I guess our form is contagious.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 5:05pm As one of the lunatics, I don’t believe that support must be at all times and in all ways unconditional.

And I don’t think anyone would disagree but let’s be rational
11 ganes in
New coaching panel
Half the sides been injured
I think you’ll find those posters whingeing about Lyon and not prepared to also lump sone so called experienced players in the mix for poor recent form is more about their left over dislike for Ross Lyon than about a balanced, rational discussion about where we are being poor and how we get better
I think this coaching group is better - not infallible but better
I believe it’s now time to turn the heat on a few older players who’ve been found wanting for a decade when the heat comes on
IF Lyon doesn’t turn to youth IF he keeps playing the same old brigade so get us 9-14 every year I will be the first to turn on him

“Yeah….nah””
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Some merit to both BM and Teflon assertions.

Would be pretty boring if we all came on here in heated agreement, on the other hand we shouldn’t be totally intransigent when evidence appears that contradicts what we have previously posited!

As I said in an earlier post I have come to enjoy some of Lyon’s interviews!
His previous persona was as appealing as putting my nuts in amixmaster!

B.M
Saintsational Legend

He’s allowed to hate the coach - it’s his opinion

You openly bagged Brett Ratten

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 4:50pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 03 Jun 2023 4:29pm
It happened last season.

The Bulldogs are in th 8 already. We assume those teams and Freo will win more often. Without the emotional memory, likelihood, comes down to a week to week prospect.

All this projecting and retracing, it distorts reality. We are 6-10 range and every game could make a difference.
It just depends on who gets to say, what we should achieve and when.
But, IMO, there are more indicators its likely, Lyon/Ratten arguments aside, than it's unlikely, Lyon, Harvey, Hayes and Enright will build a finals competent list before 2026 and 2023 is purely an exploratory year, based on Intel Enright already had and ideas Harvey and Hayes brought to that. We know what to expect from Ross. We just want to hear him toe the line and think short term, but he won't, he has a clear plan and a timeline, you can count on that. That's why he won't negotiate. He has learnt to compromise. He gets a free pass, because we showed his system worked and it's clearly been altered.
It was meant to read that the Bulldogs has passed us last season and Freo might be the side to do it this year.

Your other analysis is probably right. Whether it actually works or not is another issue.

Still, frustrating for success starved supporters who seek wins today.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.