Pathetic

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Pathetic

SaintPav wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 7:35pm
B.M wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 7:25pm Membrey is play right now at Sandy - was available
That’s correct.

Too many trolls who come on here right after a loss.

Usual suspects who never post during the week or after a win.

Now, that IS pathetic!
What has there been to say about our two wins of the last month?

North - one of the dirtiest victories we’ve witnessed and only scrapped over the line because we were playing a bottom four team. Any other team in the top 12 would have done us.

GWS - again, a team that had 4 wins to their name and our inaccuracy in front of the goal kept them in it for the whole match and we fell over the line by 2 kicks.

Now, we blew a 20 point lead in the last quarter to another bottom four team.

There is an alarming pattern emerging, in that we’re currently in the form of a bottom 6 team and unless you the playing list comes back from the bye reprogrammed, we’re on track to repeat that debacle of a second season from last year, which funnily enough, also started with an upset loss to Port.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Otiman wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 9:19pm
Life Long Saint wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 9:11pm
Otiman wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 5:25pm The door is that way. Like all the richmond supporters that tore up their memberships in the bad years, don't deserve to follow the club.
Maybe the club doesn't deserve the loyal supporters it has?
Like I said - the door is that way. If anyone wants the club to relocate to Tassie, or support GWS instead - go for it.

FQF
There is no dignity in supporting mediocrity. This administration that appointed RTB were also the ones who sacked Ratten six months after signing him on for a further two years. The genius behind the Hanners trade is now our CEO.

Crappy administration should be called out, not supported without question. Otherwise, you’re just an enabler to the problem.

We haven’t made the finals since 2011 and we’re on track to again repeat that sh*t show of a second season from last year.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, we will continue to be a sh*tty football club.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

1971 wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 8:41pm
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 5:41pm Ross Lyon (as much as I love the tactics) has smoked us. The game plan is strong. It reminds me a lot like Melbourne with more tackling and pressure to force turnover. What separates Melbourne from us is that Melbourne are clean with the ball and can win it. When you are clean and can win the ball you do less and less of that two way running. Less and less of two way running results in less fatigue and running related injuries and your players aren’t smoked every from fatigue every game.

I look at our players and we are so buggered. Look at Max King throwing up at 3/4 time. Look at all the hamstrings, the calf’s and contact injuries we sustained due to going high speed all the time.

We always chose the ball butchers in selection who f*** over the rest of the boys in the team and fatigue us. I’m calling out Paton, Byrnes (sorry he’s not good everyone his disposal efficiency is horrendous), Ross, Howard, Hill (at times), Phillipou (at times) and even golden boy NWM (at times).

For all the at times… it’s the turnover and the guy running from the other team mates over the course of the game that cause these players to miss targets.

We lost today because Ross Lyon and selection committee keep selecting these duds that aren’t taking us anywhere. Windhager got top in all time trials and his efficiency is amazing. Why can’t he take Ross spot when his contract is finishing at the end of the year? He could taken Byrnes spot and play wing for all I care. Can at least win the ball and has efficiency. Why aren’t we playing him?

Bytel … can take Ross spot as he’s clean by handball and GUESS WHAT can win his own ball. Why aren’t we playing him?

Dougal Howard … defence is trash at the moment. Not clean at all. Highmore, better efficiency why aren’t we playing him?

Connolly - probably one of our best users in Sandringham and is very clean with the ball and has run can’t even get a game. Probably would have had a better game than Phillipou.

It’s selection integrity at the moment and it’s the same when we were with Ratts. Yet our club doesn’t do anything about it.

This loss is disgusting and we should be embarrassed. Get some of these kids in the team. Why persist with players who haven’t got us going in the past than why do we think they will in the future?
Be careful for suggesting Windy, Highmore and Bytel get a game. You will be told ' I am glad people on this forum don't get to select the side'. Too many plodders in this side but let's not make changes in the year of exploration.
Not fun being a Saints supporter when we are in front in the last quarter and we capitulate

I think I'm one of the muppets that Teflon keeps referring to

It's hypocrisy to say that Windy and Bytel need 'development' at VFL level but Mattaes gets to play 11 full games in a row. If you count the 2 practice games against Melbourne and Essendon that's 13 in a row!! I like Pou, but surely we can't be playing favourites if we want to be a successful AFL club

It's a year of exploration ...but we are not exploring whether it's a good idea to share the workload and manage some of our aging mids

SaintWiki
Club Player

saintkid wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 5:56pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 27 May 2023 5:33pm Once upon a time RTB dropped some St Kilda greats to send a message.

In 2023 he keeps handing games to plodders and gives the team mulligans.

I’m quickly losing faith…
I had a bad feeling from the selection table this week. He knew well our midfield was struggling and Steele was underdone.
Correct me if I am wrong but I could not see fair and reasonable logic with his team selection against the Hawks.
We were lucky to have had that lead into that last quarter.
RL said after the loss that Jack is carrying an injury, so I'd like to hear the explanation from the match committee why they couldn't find a better replacement under the circumstances.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 3:07am
We haven’t made the finals since 2011
:?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 3:07am We haven’t made the finals since 2011 and we’re on track to again repeat that sh*t show of a second season from last year.
We played finals in 2020 and won one.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 3:07am There is no dignity in supporting mediocrity. This administration that appointed RTB were also the ones who sacked Ratten six months after signing him on for a further two years. The genius behind the Hanners trade is now our CEO.
I agree with that comment, but what are you going to do? Are you going to stick with your side, or jump ship? Don't fence sit just do it.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 3:43am It's hypocrisy to say that Windy and Bytel need 'development' at VFL level but Mattaes gets to play 11 full games in a row. If you count the 2 practice games against Melbourne and Essendon that's 13 in a row!! I like Pou, but surely we can't be playing favourites if we want to be a successful AFL club

It's a year of exploration ...but we are not exploring whether it's a good idea to share the workload and manage some of our aging mids
I agree on this. Ross's comment was that Bartel played a year of VFL. I'm not sure what year that was, or who Geelong's starting midfield was at the time, but I reckon there's no relation to our current situation.

We have explored a team full of small forwards, it doesn't work. I learned we need to drop one of Higgins, Butler, Gresham for a clearance player.

We have explored a running game with no physicality in the contest, it gets shown up too easily. I learned we need to hit the gym hard.

We have explored the ability of Caminiti, Owens and Pou and found a few gems. I learned it's worth backing in kids.

What did the coaching group learn? Crickets from them.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 10:24am
Scollop wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 3:43am It's hypocrisy to say that Windy and Bytel need 'development' at VFL level but Mattaes gets to play 11 full games in a row. If you count the 2 practice games against Melbourne and Essendon that's 13 in a row!! I like Pou, but surely we can't be playing favourites if we want to be a successful AFL club

I agree on this. Ross's comment was that Bartel played a year of VFL. I'm not sure what year that was, or who Geelong's starting midfield was at the time, but I reckon there's no relation to our current situation.

We have explored a team full of small forwards, it doesn't work. I learned we need to drop one of Higgins, Butler, Gresham for a clearance player.

We have explored a running game with no physicality in the contest, it gets shown up too easily. I learned we need to hit the gym hard.

We have explored the ability of Caminiti, Owens and Pou and found a few gems. I learned it's worth backing in kids.

It’s unfair on Hill, Crouch and Higgins if they are dropped. They were promised they’d play all games if fit and never be dropped if they came to St Kilda. Crouch was also promised after round 5 this year that he’d be picked each week to earn his match bonus.

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 10:41am

It’s unfair on Hill, Crouch and Higgins if they are dropped. They were promised they’d play all games if fit and never be dropped if they came to St Kilda. Crouch was also promised after round 5 this year that he’d be picked each week to earn his match bonus.
Exactly. As long as they are fit, they are locks. 8-) 8-)

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 10:41am

Where did you get that info on being promised they would play every game?

Doubt it’s true, but then they did promote the instigator of the Hannebery heist!

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Jacks Back wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 9:54am
SydneySainter wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 3:07am We haven’t made the finals since 2011 and we’re on track to again repeat that sh*t show of a second season from last year.
We played finals in 2020 and won one.
That was the COVID stopgap year where they were playing in hubs with reduced game time. That was an asterisk year.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Would you put an asterisk if we won the flag?

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

B.M wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 4:15pm Would you put an asterisk if we won the flag?
If that was the only way we would win a flag, then yes.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Who won the flag? Richmond??

Pretty sure Cotchin and Dimma are recorded as triple premiership players and Dusty is a 3 times Norm Smith medalist

Sanctorum
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 3:43am
Not fun being a Saints supporter when we are in front in the last quarter and we capitulate

It's hypocrisy to say that Windy and Bytel need 'development' at VFL level but Mattaes gets to play 11 full games in a row. If you count the 2 practice games against Melbourne and Essendon that's 13 in a row!! I like Pou, but surely we can't be playing favourites if we want to be a successful AFL club

Scollop, I think the reason Phillipou has played every game ahead of Windhager and Bytel is that he is much taller than the latter and his form has been good enough to maintain a spot in the run-on side. He certainly is a star in the making!

It looked to me yesterday that Hawthorn appeared to have quite a few more tall players than St Kilda, and Reeves (210cm) especially dominated the hitouts (29) over Marshall (201cm) 17.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
B.M
Saintsational Legend

You get a game because you’re tall??

B.M
Saintsational Legend

And, has his form been that good

If he wasn’t a first year player, with a developmental aspect excuse - we’d be wanting him out.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 5:49pm
Scollop wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 3:43am

Scollop, I think the reason Phillipou has played every game ahead of Windhager and Bytel is that he is much taller than the latter and his form has been good enough to maintain a spot in the run-on side. He certainly is a star in the making!

It looked to me yesterday that Hawthorn appeared to have quite a few more tall players than St Kilda, and Reeves (210cm) especially dominated the hitouts (29) over Marshall (201cm) 17.
Lyon Batchelor Goddard have all stated Windhager has stuff he accepts he needs to work on
Maybe Pou doesn’t?
Point is we would’nt have a clue and it’s not 1 size fits all

“Yeah….nah””
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

B.M wrote: Sun 28 May 2023 5:43pm Who won the flag? Richmond??

Pretty sure Cotchin and Dimma are recorded as triple premiership players and Dusty is a 3 times Norm Smith medalist
Yes and Richmond have also won two H&A seasons under the classic format, so their 2020 flag doesn’t get scrutinised.

If that was the only flag they’d won, do think it would be without scrutiny?

We’ll never know, not until the next pandemic and a team with no recent prior flags wins it.