Marlon Pickett

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Marlon Pickett

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 10:09pm
Teflon wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 8:45pm
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 8:01pm
Teflon wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 7:58pm Oh ffs enough with the Perry Mason wanna be’s ffs
I work holding a Stop sign in construction…know nothing about law but I’ll have a go too..
honestly we don’t need another bush lawyer on this site we already got 1 numpty
It’s sad for Richmond
It’s not sad for St Kilda
I just hope Cotchin was with him..
That explains why you are so cynical. Must be hard standing in the heat in your boots.
They’re boots you’d never fill…your worship ..
Or would you prefer we call you Rumphole?
Teflon… I wear boots too… but to jobs you wish you would never want to see or attend.
You work at the council tip too?
It’s not that bad ..smells worse but but my house is full of amazing cheap artefacts

“Yeah….nah””
TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 10:45pm
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 10:09pm
Teflon wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 8:45pm
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 8:01pm
Teflon wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 7:58pm Oh ffs enough with the Perry Mason wanna be’s ffs
I work holding a Stop sign in construction…know nothing about law but I’ll have a go too..
It’s sad for Richmond
That explains why you are so cynical. Must be hard standing in the heat in your boots.
They’re boots you’d never fill…your worship ..
Or would you prefer we call you Rumphole?
Teflon… I wear boots too… but to jobs you wish you would never want to see or attend.
You work at the council tip too?
It’s not that bad ..smells worse but but my house is full of amazing cheap artefacts
Hahahaha no…

StPeter
Club Player

I get the feeling that this week's game now, as far as the media is concerned, will be all about Pickett,

like last week's was about Buddy and post game, Butler's tackle.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Did Dimma go on an RV road trip after he quit? Got a good deal on an ex rental?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 13 Jun 2023 5:05am Did Dimma go on an RV road trip after he quit? Got a good deal on an ex rental?
Haha nope

He posted pics from a pub in USA where he shouted the bar so they would switch the TV to the AFL game

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

It’s sad for Richmond
baiting and reported

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Brendan Gale has said "these are only allegations".

Trev says "No, these are only charges. Soon he will see what is only evidence. And the victims of the alleged crimes will get to see the alledged offenders in court and hear what evidence the police has against them".

Porridge, anyone?

Saint supporter since '62
TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Trev from the Bush wrote: Tue 13 Jun 2023 9:59pm Brendan Gale has said "these are only allegations".

Trev says "No, these are only charges. Soon he will see what is only evidence. And the victims of the alleged crimes will get to see the alledged offenders in court and hear what evidence the police has against them".

Porridge, anyone?
I will have honey please on your alleged porridge.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

saynta wrote: Tue 13 Jun 2023 12:48pm
It’s sad for Richmond
baiting and reported
It’s alright Saynta. Teflon and I have a love hate relationship.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Tue 13 Jun 2023 11:29pm
saynta wrote: Tue 13 Jun 2023 12:48pm
It’s sad for Richmond
baiting and reported
It’s alright Saynta. Teflon and I have a love hate relationship.
It was his attempted put down of me that I reported. Ignorance is bliss around here.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 7:58pm …..
I work holding a Stop sign in construction…we don’t need another bush lawyer on this site we already got 1 numpty
……
Teflon,
Do you really work in construction, holding a stop sign? Do you wear an orange cap?

Do you feel privileged?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Toy Saint wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 7:48pm So if Pickett plays against St Kilda this week is it Ok to Boo ?
No, innocent until proven guilty.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

AFL Colosseum Facebook page has a meme of Ninthmond's injury list.
Players' names with estimated # of weeks.
Tom Lynch...Foot...6 weeks (for example)

Marlion Pickett...JAIL....10-12 years

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

I think his case is in August.
He's not allowed to contact alleged co-offenders, alleged victims at all.

His lawyers are in possession of the prosecution's evidence (I think)...I wonder whether his co-accused have cut a deal for reduced penalties.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

You don't hand the enemy a weapon, so no comment on Pickett from me.

wally
Club Player

So I was watching Telly earlier and an ad came on featuring poor Paddy Cripps (Carlton must be paying peanuts so he has to shop at cash converters and do ads) as well as Petracca, Cameron & Danger, anyway got me thinking Pickett could score some cash doing ads ,first thought was Crimsafe doors,then doorbell with a camera in it, and maybe motorhome/ car rental.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully the club will be keeping an eye on him during the game... all those team mates' empty homes might be too much of a temptation to resist.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

wally wrote: Wed 14 Jun 2023 7:36pm So I was watching Telly earlier and an ad came on featuring poor Paddy Cripps (Carlton must be paying peanuts so he has to shop at cash converters and do ads) as well as Petracca, Cameron & Danger, anyway got me thinking Pickett could score some cash doing ads ,first thought was Crimsafe doors,then doorbell with a camera in it, and maybe motorhome/ car rental.
What's that show where ppl travel around the world?

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 7:39pm
SAINT-LEE wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 6:26pm I've heard from a family friend of a codefendant in this case...we worked in WA together & he's a solid bloke...he says the Tigers were contacted by WA police last week of May to advise a player would be possibly extradited if an appearance to give a statement with detectives could not be arranged in 21 days.

As the club would travel to Perth they arranged for said player to stay in town after the game.

He says further on evidence.. the police have pinged the mobile he was using at the Perth Exchange exactly when robbery occurred, also have him on camera wearing a wig renting a vehicle using false identification, that codefendants used to flee the state.

One of the other codefendants ( already in custody on another matter) has been "assisting police with their investigation" leading to this arrest by giving police his mobile phone which allegedly had many incriminating texts.

My mates call...99.99% all the lads are guilty of burgularly, Pickett the lesser of offenses. With his aggravatted burg previous... so slim a chance to escape custodial sentence.

It is sad. I hate it whenever anyone choses to let the messed up life they HAD stay alive instead of burying it forever. Someone lost a lot of money, regardless that its a business. Families are affected, theres children. Its sad because prison doesnt work. Facts.
The Great Review ( docs of 73 prison studies) show 9% of convicts are postively impacted by prison and do not reoffend. 68% commit more serious crimes than previous within 3 months of release. 23% reoffend crimes on similar level.
Interesting.

In terms of the prison. What else are the police to do with the crooks? Send them to kindergarten?
I agree that some people need custodial sentences.
But there's much better ways to get outcomes.

The tricky part is the cost.
- People want blood ( families & victims of murder, rape, violent crimes, callous theft & fraud etc etc). The hunger for revenge can drive a person across the planet searching.

A key purpose of prison is to ensure the offender is adequately punished.

- The funds needed to set up genuine recovery & corrections is phenomenal...astronomical.

- The proven programs that bring change are not acceptable by the lenient leaning crowds. Change programs involve facing victims & families, mandatory counseling, hard labour 6 hours a day, eduction programs ( literacy, year 12, tafe, university, apprenticeships...because 95% of offender who learned trades NEVER reoffended) etc

- The very real challenge of knowing who IS capable & willing of restoration & who needs to go to prison.

Some people SHOULD not get opportunities to live free. Many need help or they will steal the funds from your pocket via prison funding. It costs roughly $5 billion per year to house convicts..you think their might be incentive to lock up people there? Add executive, judicial and policing, all costs are estimated to be 25 billion a year.

All I'm saying is just dust in the wind. It will not happen. The human desire to see offenders punished allows politicians to line their pockets by taking your cash.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

There are few proven strategies for rehabilitating violent offenders. US studies have shown that, for a sizeable proportion, the best results can be achieved by incarcerating them until their mid-to-late 40s, by which time the fire in their bellies has been dampened and the network of similarly bad seeds who would draw them back into crime on their release has either been killed or sentenced to prolonged imprisonment.

For many men in the criminal class, all the incentives push them towards playing the alpha bad boy, and push away from seeking education, employment, family life, etc. Alpha bad boys get money, social status, women and respect through fear. If you have that, why would you give it up to become a wage slave with a mortgage?

A further problem particularly faced by Indigenous men is that of the seemingly insatiable demands on their finances from their family and other assorted hangers-on. It seems to me to be a conceivable scenario that an Indigenous person earning hundreds of $ks per annum might need still more money.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

(Joke alert)
Apparently Tigers staff all got triggered when an AFL employee rang em saying
'Hey, all the player pics on our App are really old, can you email us the latest mug shots'

😳😳🖐🙆‍♂️🤠

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Makes me think of former Brisbane player and Fremantle recruit Troy Johnson.

Johnson allegedly burgled the home of Adrian Fletcher whilst both were playing at Brisbane.

Fletcher was traded to Freo and Johnson was delisted due to alleged criminal behavior.

The talented but erratic Johnson was then picked up by Freo and upon being reunited with Fletcher allegedly proceeded to again burgle Fletcher whom he knew had ‘good stuff’.

Allegedly!

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Fri 16 Jun 2023 2:00pm Makes me think of former Brisbane player and Fremantle recruit Troy Johnson.

Johnson allegedly burgled the home of Adrian Fletcher whilst both were playing at Brisbane.

Fletcher was traded to Freo and Johnson was delisted due to alleged criminal behavior.

The talented but erratic Johnson was then picked up by Freo and upon being reunited with Fletcher allegedly proceeded to again burgle Fletcher whom he knew had ‘good stuff’.

Allegedly!
8-) :wink:

Borat
Club Player

B.M wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 11:43am If he’s done it

I don’t feel sorry for criminals

How about this… don’t rob people
Yes, is true. They should send him straight to firing squad.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Borat wrote: Fri 16 Jun 2023 11:51pm
B.M wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 11:43am If he’s done it

I don’t feel sorry for criminals

How about this… don’t rob people
Yes, is true. They should send him straight to firing squad.
But if he played he would be Byrnesed.