Has there ever been a more repulsive trend than posting smarta**e hate pieces about our own players?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sanctorum
Club Player

Re: Has there ever been a more repulsive trend than posting smarta**e hate pieces about our own players?

n1ck wrote: Sun 13 Aug 2023 9:49am
Vortex wrote: Sun 13 Aug 2023 8:50am you are making it very clear you want control and to monetise the site.
Please show me where ive said this. Ill wait.

I've said all along that I feel like the best way forward is a combination. Building a contribution process is underway and in development however these things don't just happen. It takes time.

Best to ignore these sorts of comments from the ungrateful unwashed n1ck, why would anyone want to 'control' this forum beats me, there no doubt are some who want carte blanche to post their particular brand of despicable vitriol attacking individuals who are simply expressing their particular views on all matters St Kilda.

I'm also unconvinced that expressing adverse opinions about players, coaches etc on this forum is a bad thing, providing always that this is within the boundaries of common decency. It's what being passionate about your footy team is all about, and we're never ever going to agree with what anyone says.

I'm sure there are many like myself who are really grateful for the work you and others in admin are doing to provide this meeting place to talk about the Mighty Saints!!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Re: Has there ever been a more repulsive trend than posting smarta**e hate pieces about our own players?

skeptic wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 11:44pm
tony74 wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 11:19pm No players worth their salt even come close to viewing these forums. They are lectured to the point of ridiculousness
And so they should be.

In the nicest possible way I’ve always maintained that any player/offical etc that would come on here and take anything written seriously would be a great fool.

Who are we? Nobodies with mostly no expertise, operating on limited info, commenting mostly on what we can see mostly on the TV. This is all great fun but has always been more entertainment then serious
Great post!

A bunch of wannabes posting crap on a footy forum, and we all know it!

Well most of us do, hi Curly 👋

And as so, it should be treated as such.

I would have serious concerns for anyone who would take the input of this forum seriously, or let it affect them in any way.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

n1ck wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 11:10pm Lets not pretend the OP could could give two sh1ts about any of the actual topic. This is a thinly, barely veiled barb at me just like most of his comments/posts over the last few days and weeks.

So come at me, cheap trick.

You have done so on here a number of times, accused me of being "the man who killed" the forum on social media, despite having spent my own time, resources, effort and funds to keep this place alive when everyone else walked away. Where were you when the forum went down? Where were you when previous admin walked away? Where were you when we pleaded for help moderating?

What have you done to save this place? Where have you stepped up? I can guarantee you this forum means way more to me than it does to you and I will do way more than your tiny pea brain can comprehend to keep it here.

You are part of the problem, horror show. So come at me.
Hi N1ck, not sure where you are at RE advertising or member contribution.

Why don’t you post a secure account, bpay or somewhere forum members can make a contribution?

I’m sure you’d be pleasantly surprised by the response.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Mon 14 Aug 2023 3:40pm
skeptic wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 11:44pm
tony74 wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 11:19pm No players worth their salt even come close to viewing these forums. They are lectured to the point of ridiculousness
And so they should be.

In the nicest possible way I’ve always maintained that any player/offical etc that would come on here and take anything written seriously would be a great fool.

Who are we? Nobodies with mostly no expertise, operating on limited info, commenting mostly on what we can see mostly on the TV. This is all great fun but has always been more entertainment then serious
Great post!

A bunch of wannabes posting crap on a footy forum, and we all know it!

Well most of us do, hi Curly 👋

And as so, it should be treated as such.

I would have serious concerns for anyone who would take the input of this forum seriously, or let it affect them in any way.

You called Buzzard.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 12 Aug 2023 9:58pm They’re professional footballers, there is nothing wrong with critiquing their performance, as long as it doesn’t get personal.
The problem is that it does sometimes. I'm just saying that I don't rate saying stuff about players who could very well be doing their best.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Most of the terrible things said about the players on here are made by people who could never get a kick themselves or never played. The lack of respect given to those who have achieved the highest level of the sport is cringeworthy

I take little notice of their comments but remember those who made them

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 14 Aug 2023 6:52pm Most of the terrible things said about the players on here are made by people who could never get a kick themselves or never played. The lack of respect given to those who have achieved the highest level of the sport is cringeworthy

If you added "FFS" and a few rolly eye emojis at the end of your posts we'd seriously think you and Saynta are the same elderly person.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

hahaha

i was just think'n same

that sign off line is very Stinger-esk

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

:P

is that 'better' spelt with an 'i' Fireperson

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Mon 14 Aug 2023 7:11pm :P

is that 'better' spelt with an 'i' Fireperson
Nah just think the player abuse unwarranted

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 14 Aug 2023 7:05pm
The Fireman wrote: Mon 14 Aug 2023 6:52pm Most of the terrible things said about the players on here are made by people who could never get a kick themselves or never played. The lack of respect given to those who have achieved the highest level of the sport is cringeworthy

If you added "FFS" and a few rolly eye emojis at the end of your posts we'd seriously think you and Saynta are the same elderly person.
Should I have added sample size or PhD ? Then I could be an elderly d**khead ? 😛

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 14 Aug 2023 7:44pm

Should I have added sample size or PhD ? Then I could be an elderly d**khead ? 😛
Isn't it that time of night you should put the mobility scooter on charge, don't want to miss out on your morning adventure to pick up your daily copy of the Coffs Harbour News.

happy feet
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Mon 14 Aug 2023 8:00pm
The Fireman wrote: Mon 14 Aug 2023 7:44pm

Isn't it that time of night you should put the mobility scooter on charge, don't want to miss out on your morning adventure to pick up your daily copy of the Coffs Harbour News.
Good one Vortex, now we will get pop up ads for mobility scooters, or specifically for your case incontinence.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I have to admit, being elderly makes it a lot tougher for me to suffer wankers like vortex

They come and go

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Mon 14 Aug 2023 8:20pm I have to admit, being elderly makes it a lot tougher for me to suffer wankers like vortex

They come and go
He Comes...

He goes....

Then he is back... reincarnated :mrgreen:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

how funny was Ted ... in all his guises and his three barrelled names

who ever that was
has a skillset