2012 Sponsorship Group

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: 2012 Sponsorship Group

Posted in other thread but all names of those attending had to be in on Friday. Someone would want to get onto club like yesterday as this is email that was sent to ALL sponsors well over week ago

"To confirm you will be utilising your 2012 Season Launch entitlements, please complete the attached ‘Confirmation Form’ and return it to ******** before 5pm on Friday 9 March.  If we do not receive your booking form by the above deadline, we will assume you are NOT attending"

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for keepiong an eye on this.
I have been in communication with the Club over the past few weeks and as we have done in previous years, dure to there being still quite a number of unpledged shares,
I switched the tickets for the Pre Season Launch over to additional tickets for the Match Day Experience (an event later on this year).

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Thanks for keepiong an eye on this.
I have been in communication with the Club over the past few weeks and as we have done in previous years, dure to there being still quite a number of unpledged shares,
I switched the tickets for the Pre Season Launch over to additional tickets for the Match Day Experience (an event later on this year).
But, with respect, even if we have enough pledged shares for just one player..surely we are entitled to a couple of Season Launch tickets??

Having been to the match day experience last year...its enjoyable but nowhere near the "prestige" of the season launch IMO

Dissapointing

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
But, with respect, even if we have enough pledged shares for just one player..surely we are entitled to a couple of Season Launch tickets??

Having been to the match day experience last year...its enjoyable but nowhere near the "prestige" of the season launch IMO

Dissapointing

A similar situation occured last year (and I think the year before as well).
We decided to swap the tickets then.

And yes whilst I agree with you that personally I would prefer to attend the pre-season launch over the Mach-Day Experience,
But It is quite possible that some may prefer to attend the MDE rather than the PSE - a game rather than a suit & tie event on a weeknight.

In the end we have to make decisions.
Unfortunately due to the early timing of the PSE we are always going to struggle to pledge enough shares to cover all our sponosred players by the time it comes around.
It's just the nature of the program.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

But didnt we have enough pledges to cover two players? ..can understand if we didnt get enough for the third player..thats fine..but two players are fully covered yes? AFAIK True Sainters arent fully pledged for their two players but still held a draw for people to go

Its not a case of preferring one event to the other. The Season launch is listed as a function available to player sponsors...so therefore they should have the chance to go, unless its stated prior to sponsors that its not included in the prizes due to its early date.

Did the Club say we couldnt have tickets?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
goodie
Club Player

I'm heading to the season opener event, I can always paste my report here

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
No, I approached them as per previous years and asked to swap.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
saint66au wrote:
...but we had enough pledges to cover two players..why not just have a raffle for the people who had pledged shares so far?

Sorry..and I say this fully acknowledging that you do a great job with player sponsorship..but I still cant see why weve had to forego our Season Launch tickets. Yes people have preferances as to which functions they atend..but if bouldnt shares in the hope of attending this Id be feeling pretty hollow that I didnt even have a chance to do that..without any consultaion

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
saint66au wrote:
...but we had enough pledges to cover two players..why not just have a raffle for the people who had pledged shares so far?

Sorry..and I say this fully acknowledging that you do a great job with player sponsorship..but I still cant see why weve had to forego our Season Launch tickets. Yes people have preferances as to which functions they atend..but if bouldnt shares in the hope of attending this Id be feeling pretty hollow that I didnt even have a chance to do that..without any consultaion
In that case please accept my apology.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Have just seen this now....

The launch looked like a great event to attend, and going by previous report the match day function was ok.

Would have loved an opportunity to attend the launch... Hopefully we can keep the tickets next year and add some variety.

Team Tommy
Club Player

DELETED.

Chef attack
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Dissapointing

A similar situation occured last year (and I think the year before as well).
We decided to swap the tickets then.

And yes whilst I agree with you that personally I would prefer to attend the pre-season launch over the Mach-Day Experience,
But It is quite possible that some may prefer to attend the MDE rather than the PSE - a game rather than a suit & tie event on a weeknight.

In the end we have to make decisions.
Unfortunately due to the early timing of the PSE we are always going to struggle to pledge enough shares to cover all our sponosred players by the time it comes around.
It's just the nature of the program.
Same happened to me! Frustrating