Mitch brown will come to us

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mitch brown will come to us

kos wrote:Worsfold didn't even acknowledge him at the end of the game. Worsfold spoke and congratulated all the players as they walked off and completely ignored Mitch as he walked passed him. The poor fella was about to give him a high five then pulled out when he realized he had been shun. Good as gone if that's any indication.
Yes I noticed that too 'kos'. Brown looked a bit taken back by Worsfold's action (or lack of)........... tho I think Worsfold did briefly glance back at him when he seemed to realise he had ignored Brown. I couldn't work out if it was a deliberate snub or a slight misunderstanding.

defacto
Club Player

loris wrote:
kos wrote:Worsfold didn't even acknowledge him at the end of the game. Worsfold spoke and congratulated all the players as they walked off and completely ignored Mitch as he walked passed him. The poor fella was about to give him a high five then pulled out when he realized he had been shun. Good as gone if that's any indication.
Yes I noticed that too 'kos'. Brown looked a bit taken back by Worsfold's action (or lack of)........... tho I think Worsfold did briefly glance back at him when he seemed to realise he had ignored Brown. I couldn't work out if it was a deliberate snub or a slight misunderstanding.
worsfolds going through the wars at the moment, off the field

i wouldnt read too much into that footage, he looked back at him when he realised what he had done

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Thought I'd dig this thread up. After watching him closely for the past two weeks I can genuinely say I now see what the recruiters see in him.

What we were prepared to give up was ridiculous, but I would love to see him in Saints colours next year, hopefully for a third rounder or worse - similar to what they did to us for Crippa.

I am still keen on Luke Thompson, who I really rate and is clearly not rated at the Crows.

These two should be our main defensive targets, as Frawley will surely cost too much in $ terms as well as draft pick terms too, in other words, I'd prefer Thompson and Adams/Parker instead of just Frawley.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Considering the number of posters on here who bagged Zac when he was a saint, I'll take him any day on what I've seen of Brown.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:Considering the number of posters on here who bagged Zac when he was a saint, I'll take him any day on what I've seen of Brown.

I never bagged Zac -he was rangy and quick but we could have done with a Brown for the Clokes and Halls even when we had Zac. Brown is an old school FB not a guy who will take 16 marks and rebound with pin point kicking. Just a big gorilla wrestler with bulk. Similar to his bro at Collingwood. Doesn't do too much exciting play but does a job.

On bargain back I would look at Tate Pears who scuttled our Brown trade. He is going to be behind Carlisle etc but also stretched cap because of Goddard. His body finally looks like it's holding up.

Also noticed an ad for inside footy saying the Bombers have let go a potential super star. You imaging it's Kyle Riemers- he's the only one that fits the profile does anyone know what issues the guy had. He is meant to be an egotistic flog and full of dope from his time at essendon but he did look pretty good a couple of years ago.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Zac was and will always be SHIIT.... I was happy when he decided to leave. don't be fooled by the RL game plan making him look better then he is.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
gringo
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:Zac was and will always be SHIIT.... I was happy when he decided to leave. don't be fooled by the RL game plan making him look better then he is.

He was pretty unfairly measured against other full backs. He only struggled on the real gorillas. Franklin couldn't loose him and he never disgraced himself. i actually think he was probably made look more ordinary under Lyon. He never got to use any attack. Dempster said he still defaults to Lyons defend first philosophy. Scott had to stop a practice match and tell dempster to back himself in and attack instead of punching the ball away at any opportunity.

saint6709
Club Player

St Ick wrote:Thought I'd dig this thread up. After watching him closely for the past two weeks I can genuinely say I now see what the recruiters see in him.

What we were prepared to give up was ridiculous, but I would love to see him in Saints colours next year, hopefully for a third rounder or worse - similar to what they did to us for Crippa.

I am still keen on Luke Thompson, who I really rate and is clearly not rated at the Crows.

These two should be our main defensive targets, as Frawley will surely cost too much in $ terms as well as draft pick terms too, in other words, I'd prefer Thompson and Adams/Parker instead of just Frawley.
I only saw bits of the third qtr - but I didn't think he looked that big - is he big enough to be the monster back we need??

gringo
Saintsational Legend

noticed in the mid season review of Sandy they have Hamish Shepheard on top of the player watch. Is he any chance of getting our full back role in 2014 instead of Brown? He's a beautiful size- I reckon he's probably bigger than Brown. He didn't really get a go at Freo and he is from WA Scotts favourite hunting ground. I haven't seen any Sandy games apart from the televised one this year- how well is he going?

PurpleHayes
Club Player

gringo wrote:noticed in the mid season review of Sandy they have Hamish Shepheard on top of the player watch. Is he any chance of getting our full back role in 2014 instead of Brown? He's a beautiful size- I reckon he's probably bigger than Brown. He didn't really get a go at Freo and he is from WA Scotts favourite hunting ground. I haven't seen any Sandy games apart from the televised one this year- how well is he going?
I like this. Was rookie listed by Fremantle at one stage, but crippled by injury.

He's only 22 (turns 23 in october) a bit of a utility that plays fwd, back and now mainly in the ruck apparently.....?

How does everyone rate him? Any chance for the saints to pick him up? Seems like the tall mobile athletic type who would be well suited to the current game as 2nd ruckman. I've seen one site list him as 194cm and another list him as 198cm.. Any ideas?

Good age bracket at the moment and seems to stand out more than staley and lever as key position propects.

Comments would be appreciated by those who regularly watch sandy games!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Got some goss on Frawley from a mate of his this week.

Wouldn't mind coming to the Saints apparently.

Thing is, those filthy expansion teams have a lot of money.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

gringo wrote:noticed in the mid season review of Sandy they have Hamish Shepheard on top of the player watch. Is he any chance of getting our full back role in 2014 instead of Brown? He's a beautiful size- I reckon he's probably bigger than Brown. He didn't really get a go at Freo and he is from WA Scotts favourite hunting ground. I haven't seen any Sandy games apart from the televised one this year- how well is he going?
Gingo i like u and your posts.... just i never liked Zac..... felt his team mates made him look a lot better then he was.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
gringo
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
Gingo i like u and your posts.... just i never liked Zac..... felt his team mates made him look a lot better then he was.

Cheers mate- I wasn't offended and am glad to have a respectful debate with a fine gentleman such as yourself. Zac was a pretty polarising figure.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Image

Jackass 3 is on now im just trying to stop the vomit coming up after the s*** bungee supreme thing and you had to post that.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Image

Jackass 3 is on now im just trying to stop the vomit coming up after the s*** bungee supreme thing and you had to post that.
Maybe you should read your posts before you submit them and then this may not happen.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

saint6709 wrote:
St Ick wrote:Thought I'd dig this thread up. After watching him closely for the past two weeks I can genuinely say I now see what the recruiters see in him.

I only saw bits of the third qtr - but I didn't think he looked that big - is he big enough to be the monster back we need??
I think he could be, we see with Simpkin that you are able to give up a few cms when you are superior skills and positioning. Unfortunately for Tom, 10+ cms is too much to give up.

I really saw something in his game that I previously hadn't, maybe he missed his flight and swapped with Nathan for the game?? But honestly, he is starting to look like he belongs at this level.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Many pies supporters don't rate n brown, do a straw poll of your mates, you may be surprised.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

maverick wrote:Many pies supporters don't rate n brown, do a straw poll of your mates, you may be surprised.
Well that is bizarre and I will choose the other one if I really have to...