Tom Simpkin? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tom Simpkin? !!

I'm an unabashed fan of Tom Simpkin.
SW doesn't seem to like him as much as me and some of the goodie two shoes posters out there.
Remember Grant Thomas thought Guerra was s*** and undisciplined but Clarko loves him.
As Alan Jeanes said "you can't win a flag with a bunch of choirboys".

In any case - Christopher Dawes on 550k a year ?
What a joke. Seriously the bloke needs several more punches in the face for justice to be done in this world.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I'm an unabashed fan of Tom Simpkin.
SW doesn't seem to like him as much as me and some of the goodie two shoes posters out there.
Remember Grant Thomas thought Guerra was s*** and undisciplined but Clarko loves him.
As Alan Jeanes said "you can't win a flag with a bunch of choirboys".

In any case - Christopher Dawes on 550k a year ?
What a joke. Seriously the bloke needs several more punches in the face for justice to be done in this world.

Well said Con..especially the last point.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Incident aside, he shows more than Gwilt for me going forward. I may be bashed on here but I think while Robbo is killing it and has gone past them, if I was to give a top three I'd go Dyl, Simpkin then Gwilt - with Gilbert through on a wing and Ferg a long way back still.

His hardness, eg, that spoil and followup tackle in the third is something that no other Saints 'tall' has given us this year. You look on paper, Fisher, Gwilt, Roberton, Gilbert, Dempster, Stanley, Ferguson - if I was a forward up against them, I wouldn't be too concerned about getting many bruises after the contest...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
saint6709
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Stupid by Tom. Not touch, just dumb by a player who hasnt got a permanent position.
You have commented on the forum that no one on on it seems to understand footy - you are certainly not looking at the big picture on this one......I support the AFL in keeping this out of our game - BUT I am a biased Saints fan I think Simpkin made a very big statement last night - not just with his tap but with some very hard physical efforts in the play as well...so he misses a few weeks - who cares - he has played 23 games - I think he can play 250 and with games like that he is setting himself up with a career and the saints with a chance to improve in years to come --- I have likened him to Scarlet ( who was nasty and no one liked lining up on him)- same height,weight, and I think from the same area - colac boy like Hodge....the saints haven't had anyone scary since Locket - hamil was pretty good - but we have just not had a tough edge....
I heard Cam Mooney on the radio once saying that he was given great advice early on in his career by a hard man( probably Archer can't remember that bit) anyway he was told - that he must show his strength and his willingness to have a go and bash and crash right from the start - you do that for a while and people take notice and they second guess what your going to do - and for the rest of your career you only need to look menacing and your reputation does the rest........you want forwards heading down to their spot before a match thinking 'i hope don't get simpkin" and thats not going to happen by itself - you need to build a reputation and games like last night is a step in the right direction I think - 2013 is a writeoff - its a time for our young guys to find themselves and stamp their own mark on the game ready for 2014 - simpkin worked on that last night - i hope murdoch can instill some fear in the opposition in years to come as well - - without the threat of getting cleaned up by a couple of hard and willing warriors hanging over their heads - oppostion teams will carve us up and we will not win our second flag.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Stupid by Tom. Not touch, just dumb by a player who hasnt got a permanent position.
You have commented on the forum that no one on on it seems to understand footy - you are certainly not looking at the big picture on this one......I support the AFL in keeping this out of our game - BUT I am a biased Saints fan I think Simpkin made a very big statement last night - not just with his tap but with some very hard physical efforts in the play as well...so he misses a few weeks - who cares - he has played 23 games - I think he can play 250 and with games like that he is setting himself up with a career and the saints with a chance to improve in years to come --- I have likened him to Scarlet ( who was nasty and no one liked lining up on him)- same height,weight, and I think from the same area - colac boy like Hodge....the saints haven't had anyone scary since Locket - hamil was pretty good - but we have just not had a tough edge....
I heard Cam Mooney on the radio once saying that he was given great advice early on in his career by a hard man( probably Archer can't remember that bit) anyway he was told - that he must show his strength and his willingness to have a go and bash and crash right from the start - you do that for a while and people take notice and they second guess what your going to do - and for the rest of your career you only need to look menacing and your reputation does the rest........you want forwards heading down to their spot before a match thinking 'i hope don't get simpkin" and thats not going to happen by itself - you need to build a reputation and games like last night is a step in the right direction I think - 2013 is a writeoff - its a time for our young guys to find themselves and stamp their own mark on the game ready for 2014 - simpkin worked on that last night - i hope murdoch can instill some fear in the opposition in years to come as well - - without the threat of getting cleaned up by a couple of hard and willing warriors hanging over their heads - oppostion teams will carve us up and we will not win our second flag.

Sorry but I dont get your point at all. The bigger picture is he may get a week and then play in the seconds the following week. Im pretty sure no forward is scared of Tom. They maybe if he continues to attack the ball like he does. they wont be for what he did to dawes yesterday. Is it 1975?

saint6709
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saint6709 wrote:

Sorry but I dont get your point at all. The bigger picture is he may get a week and then play in the seconds the following week. Im pretty sure no forward is scared of Tom. They maybe if he continues to attack the ball like he does. they wont be for what he did to dawes yesterday. Is it 1975?
Agree - the tap wasn't great - his attack on the ball in other contests was- 'the bigger picture' goes beyond the next 2 weeks - it goes into 2014 and beyond - and no forward probably is scared of Tom - and they never will be unless he plays like last night-another 25 games like that ( maybe without the the love tap part of last nights effort) - and he will have 50 under his belt and all the forwards may be scared of getting him - thats the big picture I'm talking about

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:What position will Tom Simkin play this week? Last week in the VFL he was a real SWINGMAN. He started at CHF, but spent equal time at either end. The one thing I really liked was when he came in off the front of the square at a centre bounce and absolutely CRUNCHED some Box Hill guy. Him & Kosi seemed intent on hurting blokes. I hope they BOTH do the same this week, without crossing the line, of course !!
Well, Head DID cross the line. It appears to me to be more than a BRAIN FREEZE. I'm thinking WHAT DID DAWES SAY TO HEAD just prior to this incident? Let's not forget that Dawes has previously been influenced by Eddie Maguire and Mick Malthouse. Still, it doesn't excuse the stupidity !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bergsone
SS Life Member

Love tap,nothing more,really some on here have NFI

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Love tap,nothing more,really some on here have NFI

If it was love tap then why do it. All that can happen is a report. As you said some on here have NFI.

bergsone
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

If it was love tap then why do it. All that can happen is a report. As you said some on here have NFI.
You got that right ,talking about ones self?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You got that right ,talking about ones self?

You are really good at a retort. I take your parents got their money back for your schooling and you missed out on common sense as well.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Don't come back as a fish in your next life mate,wont last long

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Don't come back as a fish in your next life mate,wont last long

They have good retorts on the internet. Trying using them. Tom should not have done it. There was no point. it may cost him a week. it may not but for a guy struggling for a spot I reckon he would be disappointed he did it yesterday.

bergsone
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
bergsone wrote:Don't come back as a fish in your next life mate,wont last long

They have good retorts on the internet. Trying using them. Tom should not have done it. There was no point. it may cost him a week. it may not but for a guy struggling for a spot I reckon he would be disappointed he did it yesterday.
Unlike you ,insulting people ? as I said a love tap,do yourself a favour,dont bring my parents into it :evil:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

For those with NFI Simpkins punch was full of technique and inflicted maximum pain. I look forward to Simpkin becoming our next Steven Baker. Every premiership contender needs a master of pain.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

He jacked a bloke in the jaw.

2 weeks at least.

You cannot just go punching players and expect to get away with it.

More importantly, where were any of the dees players after the Simpkin punch?

That club is really in a poor position, lets pick the bones.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:For those with NFI Simpkins punch was full of technique and inflicted maximum pain. I look forward to Simpkin becoming our next Steven Baker. Every premiership contender needs a master of pain.
Wax on. Wax off.

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:For those with NFI Simpkins punch was full of technique and inflicted maximum pain. I look forward to Simpkin becoming our next Steven Baker. Every premiership contender needs a master of pain.
Wax on. Wax off.
Paint the fence grasshopper!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:For those with NFI Simpkins punch was full of technique and inflicted maximum pain.
Yes, lovely timing and the big girl Dawes dropped like a stone. Pity it was caught on camera.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Pity it was caught on camera.
Only mistake he made...technique excellent...needs to work on his execution.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Dawes could get a game with Iraq in the soccer. Davey had a go at staging but forgot to get tackled first.
dawes took the first poke ...then went down like the loser he is....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sound like a 10 year old. Claims to be a lawyer. god help the people who would ever employ him.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:
well said.......loved it ...took me back to the 50's 60's and 70's..... :wink: :wink: :wink:be a long time before dawes takes another poke at him....for all his bluster at 1/2 time...got himself subbed out pretty quickly...imfo.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gotta agree with you there....even though it pains me to do so....

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Let's get Robert Muir and Baker/s sons under father son rule then.
Big difference between being tough and being a thug!