Welcome home Mr R Harvey

ShanghaiSaint

Re: Welcome home Mr R Harvey

i like the idea of Haves in and mark helping/mentoring him...

Riewoldt captain-coach. Duh. Problem solved.

Come on MarkP this is the saints mate! we always find a way to sack the coach! :wink:

Ahhhhhh....right......I get it now.....bring in Banger while he is a pup and he could be our next Tim Watson

How do you reuild a list?

Firstly make sure you finish in the bottom 4 on the ladder and that ensures youget A grade class recruits. 2ndly trade away senior players with currency that probably won't be in peak form in 3-4 years time and 3rdly.... make sure that if there's any chance of getting high draft picks 2 or 3 years in a row that you do everything in your power to make it happen without 'tanking' of course because you can't get away with it anymore.

Maybe Watters was not interested in a bottom 4 finish in 2014

In the 2000-2002 drafts the Saints traded and recruited their way to a decade of finals and top 4 finishes and GF appearances. We have a chance NOW to emulate that period and we don't want anyone getting in the way?
Last edited by Scollop on Fri 01 Nov 2013 3:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scollop wrote:Ahhhhhh....right......I get it now.....bring in Banger while he is a pup and he could be our next Tim Watson

Firstly make sure you finish in the bottom 4 on the ladder and that ensures your high draft picks. 2ndly trade away senior players with currency that probably won't be in peak form in 3-4 years time and 3rdly.... make sure that if there's any chance of getting high draft 2 or 3 years in a row that you do everything in your power to make it happen without 'tanking' of course because you can't get away with it anymore.

In the 2000-2002 drafts the Saints traded and recruited their way to a decade of finals and top 4 finishes and GF appearances. We have a chance NOW to emulate that period and we don't want anyone getting in the way?

Looks like you were completely right about SW and so was the other guy who said he was 10 times better than RL.

Scollop wrote:Ahhhhhh....right......I get it now.....bring in Banger while he is a pup and he could be our next Tim Watson

Firstly make sure you finish in the bottom 4 on the ladder and that ensures your high draft picks. 2ndly trade away senior players with currency that probably won't be in peak form in 3-4 years time and 3rdly.... make sure that if there's any chance of getting high draft 2 or 3 years in a row that you do everything in your power to make it happen without 'tanking' of course because you can't get away with it anymore.

Looks like you were completely right about SW and so was the other guy who said he was 10 times better than RL.
If you and every other supporter AND SOME OF THE players keep dreaming about the RL coaching style or Saints getting a clone of RL that's not going to happen!!!!

Some players might think that it's going to make a difference, but let's wait and see what happens.

Whether you like it or not the reality is that you and a few others are too stubborn to realise that the senior players are not going to be the answer to a St Kilda climb up the ladder.

What have I missed???????????????????????????????????????????/
Has Watters been sacked, or is that just wishful thinking

Scollop wrote:

If you and every other supporter AND SOME OF THE players keep dreaming about the RL coaching style or Saints getting a clone of RL that's not going to happen!!!!

Some players might think that it's going to make a difference, but let's wait and see what happens.

As i have said to you at least 10 times it isnt just the senior players. Please read what is written. Do you think the club would sack SW if it was only about senior players. No not a chance in hell. And I dont want a a coach who has the same style as RL, just pointing out that coaches 10 times better than RL arent usually sacked. I want a coach that can comminicate with everyone at the club and not one that can hardly communicate with anyone at the club.

Whether you like it or not the reality is that you and a few others are too stubborn to realise that the senior players are not going to be the answer to a St Kilda climb up the ladder.

Right............ I checked the Saints site and there is an announcement that Watters has left. No details though. I would be wrapped if Banger was our next coach.

was wondering how long it would take for you to come out with your "i told you so" post ...

Fair dinkum p66!!!!! Communication was SW downfall?? If you'd said Roo communicated and Watters didn't listen I would believe it, but sorry, I don't buy that other vague bs about communication

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

was wondering how long it would take for you to come out with your "i told you so" post ...

Maybe you should read what i wrote and not what you think I wrote. How the hell have I been right about SW. I didnt want him sacked. Not once have i said that. I wanted him to finish his contract off. I was wrong as well but that doesnt mean people need to put up with crap that SW was 10 times the coach of RL. That is plainly a stupid comment that have now been proven to be stupid.

Scollop wrote:Fair dinkum p66!!!!! Communication was SW downfall?? If you'd said Roo communicated and Watters didn't listen I would believe it, but sorry, I don't buy that other vague bs about communication

Well why was he sacked then? It was communication with many people.

St Igmata

Any coach with coaching aspirations wont swallow a poison pill.

It has to be Harvey and pain.

Not mad on the idea of Hrves as coach, but I'll go along with him in the box with Choco mentoring
Best case scenario!

Rather have Graeme Gellie as coach over Harvs

PADDLEPOP1001

Harves has done nearly a 5 year apprenticeship ,now is the time to give him a go , at least we know one thing about him ,he will put in 150% and will have the respect of everyone at the club ,that's a great start!We need to be bold ,it's time to bring the great man home !

PADDLEPOP1000

What about the Big Kos?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/f ... 6751231920

" ST KILDA legend Robert Harvey has firmed as an early favourite to win the vacant Saints coaching job after the stunning dismissal of coach Scott Watters today.

Harvey, the club’s games record-holder (383), could step into the job immediately after impressive coaching stints at Carlton, St Kilda and Collingwood."

Choco Williams, Alan Richardson, Peter Sumich, Leigh Tudor

Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

We are going to endure a long period of pain. If Harvey is selected as coach, it is because the board feel that a favourite son will have the patience of the members a lot longer than an outsider would.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Schillaci

spert wrote:Rather have Graeme Gellie as coach over Harvs
I don't think so. If you had a choice between these 2 even you would have to pick Harvey.
If you picked Gellie you'd be a bigger flog than that flog of a comment. I think it is fair to say the game has passed Gellie by.
I understand your point/opinion...even if Harvey is at this time one of the outstanding candidates and that is putting all St.Kilda bias aside

BigMart wrote:Choco Williams, Alan Richardson, Peter Sumich, Leigh Tudor
Yep has to be

F FS St Kilda get professional - Rob Harvey is not the answer

Choco plus Tudor go out and get them - tell Tudor he has the gig with Choco beefed up role (who has worked with pelican)

No to Harvey

R. Harvey 3 votes!

Has to be Mark Williams, just has to be. I want a premiership coach in control.
Give him 5 years, 3 to rebuild and then 2 to start seeing some real results.

I love Harvey as much as anyone but we need a Mark Williams type to sort the place out.
He would have also worked with Pelchen at Port Adelaide when they won the flag.

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:Has to be Mark Williams, just has to be. I want a premiership coach in control.
Give him 5 years, 3 to rebuild and then 2 to start seeing some real results.

I love Harvey as much as anyone but we need a Mark Williams type to sort the place out.
He would have also worked with Pelchen at Port Adelaide when they won the flag.

What proof have we got that you love Rob Harvey?