The Reasons re Watters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Reasons re Watters

from the australian.......

"The Weekend Australian understands that the tipping point in Watters's axing was his agreement this week to hire assistant coach Ashley Prescott without consulting Pelchen. Prescott, who worked with Fremantle in recent years, was to have replaced Laidley."

- See more at: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/a ... cHybw.dpuf

has more of a ring of truth about it than the crap printed by caro at the age and various flogs at the hun.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:So according to the Aus the Ashley Prescott appointment was the final straw
SW hired a head Asst and replacement for Laidley without consulting anyone.
if he did that then he deserved to get sacked.....

jaxons
Club Player

stinger wrote:from the australian.......

"The Weekend Australian understands that the tipping point in Watters's axing was his agreement this week to hire assistant coach Ashley Prescott without consulting Pelchen. Prescott, who worked with Fremantle in recent years, was to have replaced Laidley."

has more of a ring of truth about it than the crap printed by caro at the age and various flogs at the hun.......

No truth to this that this had anything to do with his departure.
He was already gone before this.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

so you say...

others state it was because of the radio interview...others say it had nothing to do with that interview...some say that pelchan and scotty didn't get on...the president says that was sorted and they were working okay together...others say he had lost the players...one of the articles you quoted states that the players had nothing to do with the decision.....

...i have no idea what's going on...everyone is prepared to lie...even scotty and the president.......who the f*** knows...doubt you do either.....

...tell you one thing....we are a laughing stock......and i'm f****** sick and tired of people having a go at me about the club i love and laughing their f****** heads off at us..... :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

tell you something else too...i was extremely worried when he club employed pelcan...for the club and for the senior players......i was aware of the trouble attributed to him at the hawks.....and the fact that there had been a power struggle between pelchan and the hawks coach.......i also believed that he was part of the reason lyin left...turns out that was probably right.......never been sold on the pelican......just as i was never sold on scott...can he coach..??..f***ed if i know...and now we will never find out......

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Let me guess the guys who couldn't and wouldn't work with him moving forward...

Max, Hamill?

Bourke, Thompson?
Shocking group of StKilda malcontensts there ???? :shock:
SainterK wrote: Am I warm?

Not really..if you read the OP you will see a number who have already left.

Essentially the list seems to be just about everybody.

Perhaps you might like to start a list of those that would work with him , and believe he was doing a good job?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
jaxons
Club Player

stinger wrote:
jaxons wrote:

so you say...

others sate it was because of the radio inteview...others say it had nopthing to do with that interview...some say that pelchan and scotty didn't get on...the president says that was sorted and they were working okay together...others say he had lost the players...one of the articles you quoted states that the players had nothing to do with the decision.....

...i have no idea what's going on...everyone is prepared to lie...even scotty and the president.......who the f*** knows...doubt you do either.....

...tell you one thing....we are a laughing stock......and i'm f****** sick and tired of people having a go at me about the club i love and laughing their f****** heads off at us..... :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

tell you something else too...i was extremely worried when he club employed pelcan...for the club and for the senior players......i was aware of the trouble attributed to him at the hawks.....and the fact that there had been a power struggle between pelchan and the hawks coach.......i also believed that he was part of the reason lyin left...turns out that was probably right.......never been sold on the pelican......just as i was never sold on scott...can he coach..??..f***ed if i know...and now we will never find out......
We would have been a laughing stock if we kept him Stinger.
Radio unterview had nothing to do with it either.
But knowing how Scott got himself on radio yesterday, and lied to SEN and the club, shows you what the man was made of.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
SainterK wrote:Let me guess the guys who couldn't and wouldn't work with him moving forward...

Max, Hamill?

Bourke, Thompson?

Perhaps you might like to start a list of those that would work with him , and believe he was doing a good job?

that's just as probably untue as everything else we are told.....

..one guy wanted to go home to western australia...

laidley's contract was up and he wanted to be reunited with malthouse.....on more money than we could offer....

the fitness guy left to go to the filth because they offered twice what we could pay him....none of them left because of scott afaiw.....

mass walkouts...bullsh!t...

spert
Saintsational Legend

Watters got on the radio in an effort to save face, knowing the knives were out for him- just getting on the air and saying all is OK without consulting those who he works for, is a silly career move..and it bombed.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
stinger wrote: so you say...

others sate it was because of the radio inteview...others say it had nopthing to do with that interview...some say that pelchan and scotty didn't get on...the president says that was sorted and they were working okay together...others say he had lost the players...one of the articles you quoted states that the players had nothing to do with the decision.....

But knowing how Scott got himself on radio yesterday, and lied to SEN and the club, shows you what the man was made of.
well...come out with the real reasons if you are in the know....because we certainly aren't....and neither is the press from what i can make out........everyone is just sprouting bullsh!t..........any one of us could have written all those articles...with the exception of the australian prescott reference and the reference to juoy wanting out......just from all the rumours running in the various threads on here....and some of the scum press probaby did use this forum and things posted by you......as their main source of information.....read gossip....

...look ...i'm not having a go at you jaxons...well i probably am......but i haven't a clue who you aqre or what your source is.......if you are in the inner sanctum, well then ..you need to examine your own motives....

jaxons
Club Player

stinger wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Max, Hamill?

Bourke, Thompson?

laidley's contract was up and he wanted to be reunited with malthouse.....on more money than we could offer....

the fitness guy left to go to the filth because they offered twice what we could pay him....none of them left because of scott afaiw.....

Stinger you are not speaking the truth here and speculating.
Jayme you are correct.
The other 2 had a complete relationship meltdown with Scott, hence wanted out.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Watters got on the radio in an effort to save face, knowing the knives were out for him- just getting on the air and saying all is OK without consulting those who he works for, is a silly career move..and it bombed.
well..the club president at the time of his press statement said he was unaware of scott's sen interview and that it had nothing to do with the decision to sack him....flowered if i know........everyone appears to be telling porkies ...afaiw....

jaxons
Club Player

stinger wrote:
jaxons wrote:
stinger wrote: so you say...

well...come out with the real reasons if you are in the know....because we certainly aren't....and neither is the press from what i can make out........everyone is just sprouting bullsh!t..........any one of us could have written all those articles...with the exception of the australian prescott reference and the reference to juoy wanting out......just from all the rumours running in the various threads on here....and some of the scum press probaby did use this forum and things posted by you......as their main source of information.....read gossip....

...look ...i'm not having a go at you jaxons...well i probably am......but i haven't a clue who you aqre or what your source is.......if you are in the inner sanctum, well then ..you need to examine your own motives....

Stinger, you can have a go at me I don't mind.
The reasons I took from the articles at the start of this post, which are all accurate, aren't enough justification for you?

spert
Saintsational Legend

Jaxons, are you really Grant Thomas?

jaxons
Club Player

spert wrote:Jaxons, are you really Grant Thomas?
No spert.
In fact didn't he bag the club yesterday for moving on Watters?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Jaxons, are you really Grant Thomas?
He's probably Jackson (jaxon) Ferguson :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
stinger
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
stinger wrote:

Jayme you are correct.

i'm speaking the truth as i know it....a club insider told me that the fitness guy wanted to go back and work with eade...and that he had been offered twice the money we were paying him.......i was also told that in an effort to keep him.several wealthy supporters had bee asked to dig deep into their pockets.......he still had one year on a contract to go, so we could have kept him as a reluctant employee....true of false....???

laidley and watters were close.....he was on a two year contract which has just expired.....he had previously played under malthouse and was one of his assistant coaches in the past........the scumbaggers(read malthousre) were keen to recruit him and offered him sh!tloads more money than we could pay......true or false.....????

tony74 predicted weeks ago that two assistant coaches would depart at sessions end.........true or false..???......true...they have departed....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

The reasons I took from the articles at the start of this post, which are all accurate, aren't enough justification for you?
what??.....that dean bailey walked out on us??????

as stated by that flog sam edmund..........??? all credibilty gone there and then afaic.....

jaxons
Club Player

stinger wrote:
jaxons wrote:
stinger wrote:

Jayme you are correct.

i'm speaking the truth as i know it....a club insider told me that the fitness guy wanted to go back and work with eade...and that he had been offered twice the money we were paying him.......i was also told that in an effort to keep him.several wealthy supporters had bee asked to dig deep into their pockets.......he still had one year on a contract to go, so we could have kept him as a reluctant employee....true of false....???

laidley and watters were close.....he was on a two year contract which has just expired.....he had previously played under malthouse and was one of his assistant coaches in the past........the scumbaggers(read malthousre) were keen to recruit him and offered him sh!tloads more money than we could pay......true or false.....????

tony74 predicted weeks ago that two assistant coaches would depart at sessions end.........true or false..???......true...they have departed....
Completely untrue.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

quote="jaxons"]

The reasons I took from the articles at the start of this post, which are all accurate, aren't enough justification for you?[/quote]

as stated by that flog sam edmund..........??? all credibilty gone there and then afaic.....

..taken from the flog's article...

"Watters’ sacking comes after the departures of assistant coaches Dean Bailey and Jaymie Graham and fitness boss Bill Davoren, while his relationship with football boss Chris Pelchen remained strained.

Summers admitted there had been infighting, but denied it was the deal-breaker in Watters’ demise."

if he got that wrong...what else isn't true...???

anyway the president came out and denied that these realionships had nothing to do with him getting the sack...the club has also been quoted as saying that they had not discussed his coaching with scott...wasn't an issue...

so what the f*** is the issue..????.that's all i want to know...

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Dean Bailey was never at St Kilda

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
jaxons
Club Player

stinger wrote:quote="jaxons"]

..taken from the flog's article...

"Watters’ sacking comes after the departures of assistant coaches Dean Bailey and Jaymie Graham and fitness boss Bill Davoren, while his relationship with football boss Chris Pelchen remained strained.

Summers admitted there had been infighting, but denied it was the deal-breaker in Watters’ demise."

if he got that wrong...what else isn't true...???

anyway the president came out and denied that these realionships had nothing to do with him getting the sack...the club has also been quoted as saying that they had not discussed his coaching with scott...wasn't an issue...

so what the f*** is the issue..????.that's all i want to know...[/quote]

Ok, so the editor at the H-Sun has obviously not picked up on a typo that says Bailey instead of Laidley.....big deal.
As I stated earlier, the President and the club were not going to bag Scott and his relationships in public, and nor should they.
And I won't be doing it on here.
Quite frankly Stinger, it is done and dusted, and in life you need to look forward, because you cannot change the past....only the future.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
stinger wrote:

Ok, so the editor at the H-Sun has obviously not picked up on a typo that says Bailey instead of Laidley.....big deal.
As I stated earlier, the President and the club were not going to bag Scott and his relationships in public, and nor should they.
Quite frankly Stinger, it is done and dusted, and in life you need to look forward, because you cannot change the past....only the future.

i don't need or appreciate a lecture on life from some unkown keyboard selective leaker of matters learned as a club insider ......

...but returning to the subject.......

... what you are saying then is that yep ,what has been printed is crap,.... however..... that notwithstanding that the club, the president and you know the reasons why scott was really sacked ...... you don't owe any of the members an explanation.....just pay up your cash each year for your memberships and stfu........

...you don't need to reply.......you are not parting with any new information......and probably...neither you should......

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

This is going well

Dudes smoke some weed or a peace pipe.

jaxons
Club Player

stinger wrote:
jaxons wrote:
stinger wrote:

i don't need or appreciate a lecture on life from some unkown keyboard selective leaker of matters learned as a club insider ......

...but returning to the subject.......

... what you are saying then is that yep ,what has been printed is crap,.... however..... that notwithstanding that the club, the president and you know the reasons why scott was really sacked ...... you don't owe any of the members an explanation.....just pay up your cash each year for your memberships and stfu........

...you don't need to reply.......you are not parting with any new information......and probably...neither you should......

Stinger, not saying what was written was crap at all.
The reason I summarised this post from others article is that all things written were accurate and it didn't have to be me delivering the reasons.
You are hanging on to a typo mistake and using it as justification that the information is inaccurate.
I am telling you it is accurate, so please revisit the start of this post, all the reasons outlined and tell me if you still believed the termination wasn't justified.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Jaxons can you confirm or deny that you have been authorised by the club to disseminate information to members and supporters?