Caro sinks the boots in again. Friday morning update

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Re: Caro sinks the boots in again. Friday morning update

She gotta justify her roll as queen of the harpies.

We got our man, and screwed a few people along the way.

If it was Hawthorn or Collingwood it would be viewed as ruthless and just business.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Caro has cracked it because her Thourse was found out (and gagged) on Wednesday !!
"Found out", or maybe his usefulness as a strategic leak was complete.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:She gotta justify her roll as queen of the harpies.

We got our man, and screwed a few people along the way.

If it was Hawthorn or Collingwood it would be viewed as ruthless and just business.
Couldnt agree more. We are accused of double dealings, Collingwood would have been lauded as genius

mullet
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Hang on hang on. I can't believe you guys see this as a negative! I know caro intends it this way but this to me is an absolute positive - in fact this has restored my faith in the process..!
This 'double dealing' is exactly why we have pelican . This is the result of a shrewd operator . A bloke who has built his career on being the best negotiator in the room. That's what we want!
I'm back on boys and girls! Given my job is all about negotiating I am truly stoked with the details caro has provided us with here. The smoke screens, the double deals, the bluffs all in the end getting us our man!
Boom
I agree with you McG
I'm loving it too. I love the way we are throwing port some shiney beads and a few gold coins to shut em up. We are acting like a power club. What ever it takes...... oh hang on
lets not go down that road :lol:
But I am loving it. No coming out and justifying everything we are doing. Started with the press conference after sacking watters. Media went nuts cos it didnt explain
anything. Well I thought it was great. For the first time in ages, we are doing what we want to do, not apologising, and it looks like we have a plan. We must have something
cos why would Richardson leave a club that are on the rise.

Cant wait for the season to start. Looking forward to watching the team develop. Prepared for the losses, but will really enjoy the wins.

oh when the
Club Player

Ruthless St Kilda at last.

Let carro chase the drug cheats coaches and hound them to the gutter

dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:It's an out rage. We should only have looked at Adam Mc Phee and Kingsley incase we upset others. It was our mess so we should have been admirable and not inconvenienced others and looked internally.

I think we could become a lot more gentlemanly and stand aside to let other teams get the ball first too. I'm sick of all our ill mannered bluntness it's time we stepped aside and let others go first.
Agree, we certainly have a hide. Fancy wanting a coach before 2015.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Megamaguire
Club Player

@ last Saints have underdog status

Thanx maam - glad Saints have underdog status in the minds of many. Less pressure on the new coach.
AR can still continue building the list and will have a better time frame to do it in compared to SW. Heard AR announce on radio this morning that his Nb.1 priority will be to get the club united and pulling in the same direction. A humble priority but with potentially big dividends.

WHOO hoo !!

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

We're the only story in town at the moment. She's just trying to get as much mileage as possible out of it. No-one else seems to be so critical at this point. By Thursday it'll be ancient history and we'll all be talking about the new recruits

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 6759243729"

ALAN Richardson is the new coach of St Kilda - finally ending a 12-year, seven-club journey to lead an AFL club.

"It's been a real journey for me personally, obviously, from a coaching perspective. It's been my aspiration to coach my own team for close to 10 to 12 years now and to finally get that opportunity is something that I'm incredibly excited about.

"I've been really realistic. I've gone along to job interviews and obviously you go there with incredible hope.

"I suppose the longer you're in the game the more capable you feel, but the reality is they have something in their mind in terms of what they want and if it's not you then I've been OK with that.

"I'm never going to change who I am."

Without trying to sound too one-eyed; THIS is the story. Of a bloke who has been in the system for years; been touted by all and sundry but who has failed to land the main job despite several close calls. A bloke who probably thought he'd never get that chance. A bloke who no one has got a bad word to say about.

Most, even KB, understand this.

A few such as Caro and Greg Denham aren't prepared to put aside their perceived reputations as hard hitting, controversial journos to properly allow Alan and his family (and our club) to savour this magical moment.

Everyone's got their own views but to me this is a disgrace. Shame on both of them! :evil:

twirlyhair
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:If you don't like what she writes, don't read it, simple!

She has been spot on with every article so far. Why do you all whinge?
Agree.

And that is my issue with our current board.

Yes I'm happy Netters And Watters are gone, and Richo may be a great coach, but the way we handle things is appalling.

I agree with you both. I am however hopeful that the new pres, despite his fumbling of Watters sacking, has a better grasp of what and how things should be done.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I predicted this in another topic !
The club is such a soft target for the likes of her that either way she can sling mud !
We get choco , where bad cos we stole him off poor richmond
We didn't get choco , we botched the whole process.
It will be the same for Milney
whatever his decision will be , it will only result in negative press for him .

In red white and black from 73
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

oh when the wrote:Ruthless St Kilda at last.

I'd say more 'calculated', than 'ruthless'.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:

Calculated and ruthless...I like it.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I don't mind Caro but I found this a bit rich coming from her. I don't know if it's true or not but for her to complain about information being leaked to the media...
Mark Williams was another victim of the Saints' double-dealing. It is disappointing that the club chose to leak to senior AFL personnel, media and other club staffers that Williams had botched his interview and demanded too much of the struggling club.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z2kc5YAE8R
she's just a cow...will never change..anyway ,hope her sources dry up along with other things...... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

MC Gusto wrote:Hang on hang on. I can't believe you guys see this as a negative! I know caro intends it this way but this to me is an absolute positive - in fact this has restored my faith in the process..!
This 'double dealing' is exactly why we have pelican . This is the result of a shrewd operator . A bloke who has built his career on being the best negotiator in the room. That's what we want!
I'm back on boys and girls! Given my job is all about negotiating I am truly stoked with the details caro has provided us with here. The smoke screens, the double deals, the bluffs all in the end getting us our man!
Boom
Agree 100%.....

We are learning to do it the way the big boys have been doing it for years. We see what we need and we devise a scheme to get it. Screw the rest. Those that reach the top, do so by standing on the carcasses of those they conquered.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:There is a lot of hearsay and pure making s*** up in that article. How is Mark Williams a "victim of St Kilda's double dealing"? He applied for a job and was not hired. She is starting to look like the overly obsessed girlfriend when it comes to the Saints

BANG BANG
good point...he f***ed up...didn't get the job....we move on...so should she....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Without trying to sound too one-eyed; THIS is the story. Of a bloke who has been in the system for years; been touted by all and sundry but who has failed to land the main job despite several close calls. A bloke who probably thought he'd never get that chance. A bloke who no one has got a bad word to say about.

Most, even KB, understand this.

A few such as Caro and Greg Denham aren't prepared to put aside their perceived reputations as hard hitting, controversial journos to properly allow Alan and his family (and our club) to savour this magical moment.

Everyone's got their own views but to me this is a disgrace. Shame on both of them! :evil:

well said mate........i hope alan gives her nothing...zilch ....zero....

mullet
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:If you don't like what she writes, don't read it, simple!

She has been spot on with every article so far. Why do you all whinge?
Agree.

And that is my issue with our current board.

Yes I'm happy Netters And Watters are gone, and Richo may be a great coach, but the way we handle things is appalling.

I agree with you both. I am however hopeful that the new pres, despite his fumbling of Watters sacking, has a better grasp of what and how things should be done.
Gee I didnt see it as fumbling. I saw it as someone refusing to give the press any amunition about scott. The old if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all. Also saw it
as, we dont have to explain anything to you lot.
Loving the new direction, hope everyone is renewing memberships.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Just imagine if this was Collingwood ..her report would be worded like this I reckon...

"Collingwood wisely removed Buckley as coach as he was too autocratic and wasn't popular with some players and management, and now they have used clever and cunning negotiating skills to secure the highly-regarded Richardson as new coach. While David Koch is using all his media exposure to cry foul, it just shows how smart Collingwood are in these situations, and all they needed to complete this deal was a small compensation payment in order to secure a top coach. Some of the lower clubs need to look and learn how a top club handled this with a minimum of fuss"

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:Caroline Wilson?......(YAWN) ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..SORRY did someone say something? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GO SAINTS! (to hell with the rest!)
And there, quite clearly is classic deflection.

All kool-aid drinkers on here should wise up to the fact that if we didn't keep shooting ourselves in the foot then there'd be nothing to write about.

Stop blaming the journos who write articles about the St Kilda FC and look at the causes as to why the Club keeps turning over its coaching and administration staff and why its losing memberships and struggling with finances.

One day it will sink in to some.........

Superboot
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:Double dealing??? If anyone's guilty of double dealing it would be Richardson, not us
Exactly right.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Caroline Wilson?......(YAWN) ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..SORRY did someone say something? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GO SAINTS! (to hell with the rest!)
And there, quite clearly is classic deflection.

All kool-aid drinkers on here should wise up to the fact that if we didn't keep shooting ourselves in the foot then there'd be nothing to write about.

Stop blaming the journos who write articles about the St Kilda FC and look at the causes as to why the Club keeps turning over its coaching and administration staff and why its losing memberships and struggling with finances.

One day it will sink in to some.........
Only because journalists are more interested in scandal and innuendo. They love these things and get their best angles by watching soap operas on TV. It's a poor reflection on their personality when all their stories border on sensationalist and slanderous angles. There's nothing positive in them, it's just journalistic chest beating at best. Her life must be a misery.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintbob
SS Life Member

Who cares what this BITCH writes!!!!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

Calculated and ruthless...I like it.
Calculess or Ruthulated maybe..?