ledger

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: ledger

bergholt wrote:
stinger wrote:
saint66au wrote:I wish Tom all the luck in the world..but...there's a chance Scott and selection committee were right and a lot of pundits were wrong....and that he's not considered AFL standard.
looked like he could play to me...and i saw his last two games live...unlike most on here..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Brett Knowles used to get a bit of the footy as well. That didn't make him AFL standard though.

You might be right and he might make it, but the fact that no other club has picked him up yet doesn't speak volumes in favour of your judgement.
brett knowles was a very good footballer...went on to captain coach a side in the actafl.....never given much of a chance at the saints...bit like ledger...why get personal ffs???

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
With Ledger, Lynch, Walsh and Cripps, we'd be well on the way to a repeat of the '80s. You really know how to build a team!

Oh, I forgot to say IMHO, whatever that is.

oh wobble boy...missed your posts so much.....

did you miss that ten goal game by lynch...who knows how the others will turn out....probably flowered by now as a result of poor development... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: but hey..you know better don't you.... :wink:
Yep, I saw that game. Who did they play? The RVIB? How many more times did he get a bag?

Personally I really wish Tom Lynch was still a Saint, but it's a professional game these days and there's no place for sentiment anymore/

Can you please let everyone using this forum know what your constant use of the words "flower", "flowering", and "flowered" mean, because I have no idea, other than presuming they are profane?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
starsign
Club Player

Whatever
We are certainly not on that side of the Ledger now!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
bergholt wrote:You might be right and he might make it, but the fact that no other club has picked him up yet doesn't speak volumes in favour of your judgement.
never given much of a chance at the saints...bit like ledger...why get personal ffs???
I wasn't. "Your judgement" was used I the specific sense. You said "looked like he could play to me". That's a judgement on Ledger. It's one that 18 AFL clubs presently seem to disagree with, which doesn't speak volumes for its veracity.

That said, you do seem to have a very thin skin.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

He knew what the risks were and took the bet he wouldn't get a new contract which is why he is known in coaching circles as 'Hedger Ledger'

I read that somewhere. But it is quite possible I made it up. I liked Ledger myself but if you can't get a game ahead of Shenton in 2013 you are destined to become a GOP in the reserves.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches