Round 13 Team Changes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 13 Team Changes

Bernard Shakey wrote:
dragit wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:Well Jones has been omitted, one wonders if he has now played his last game.
Even as a critic of Clint's, I would hope at the very least he would get a farewell game - he certainly deserves that, unfortunately our last 3 games are away, maybe the tigers at the G in 22 would be okay though, 23 in Adelaide is no good.
Farewell games are the biggest load of rubbish. Last years joke was a complete and utter waste of game time that could have been put into someone with a future with the club.

If it makes you feel good, good for you! I'd rather see the club move on and develop the new generation who will play in our next premiership. I hope he played his farewell game last week.

Yep because that one game a young kid got instead of champions of the club will make a difference in the long run. Not. I hope any long serving player gets a fairwell game if they are fit.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:

I thought last year was great and created a sense of reason for those players leaving and helped the next generation see what loyalty and club means beyond they pay packet. Those are the cultural things you can stage manage. 1 game won't make Billings a better player in 2 years but it might make him feel bonded to the club and see it as more than a work place.

It would be a missed opportunity to me. Those guys that see Clint bust his nut every game and get booed are not going to see the point in putting in the extra work when they get caned anyway. Reward the guys good qualities and it says what the team values are. Stewie Leowe handing over the jumper to Kosi was another great initiative that I still remember.
very well said
fqf

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Jones the only emergency not playing for Sandy.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote:Jones the only emergency not playing for Sandy.
Don't tell me...

Sheesh I can see the opposition shaking in their boots..

Late change boys...

Clinton Jones is in...

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Final teams

Milera OUT for @stkildafc. Jones in and the sub.

Stevie J and Rivers OUT for @GeelongCats. Varcoe, Stringer in. Lang the sub.

FQF
SS Life Member

Why the heck is Milera out? It seems that no matter how hard we try, we can't shake Jones. Even when he was the sub, Weller gets subbed out in the first few mins.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Why the heck is Milera out? It seems that no matter how hard we try, we can't shake Jones. Even when he was the sub, Weller gets subbed out in the first few mins.
Probably injured I'd guess, surely the club could tell us the reason.

having CJ as the sub is blatant poor management. Richo get yourself a mirror

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
FQF wrote:Why the heck is Milera out? It seems that no matter how hard we try, we can't shake Jones. Even when he was the sub, Weller gets subbed out in the first few mins.

Who should be sub SP?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Who should be sub SP?
CJ shouldn't be playing. we have two other emergencies. CJ was dropped due to form issues and shouldn't have been our 1st emergency.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Who should be sub SP?
CJ shouldn't be playing. we have two other emergencies. CJ was dropped due to form issues and shouldn't have been our 1st emergency.

It may have been a very late change considering only one player didnt play yesterday. They usually always have one spare just in case so they may have thought CJ was the best player to miss out on a game altogether.

Junior
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Who should be sub SP?

It may have been a very late change considering only one player didnt play yesterday. They usually always have one spare just in case so they may have thought CJ was the best player to miss out on a game altogether.
Spot on Plugger.

But do not talk sense it is much easier for the masses to have a cry over Jones being in.

No way we would have left only Jones out if there was a chance of a change as we always leave a spareIn case of a match day issue.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Stevie J is a handy out for us,may save us about 5 goals on the deficit,as he normally decimates terrible sides.

Bring back the Lockett era
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Gutted for Tezza. Hope he's sick and not omitted. He struggles for confidence at the best of times.