NAB Challenge 2: Saints v Topups

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Re: NAB Challenge 2: Saints v Topups

Jacks Back wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote: Does anyone know if it'll be on radio?
It's on SEN.
Thanks.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

To be honest I don't know if we will win or not. It sounds like with this latest setback to Markworth and Billings nursing a hamstring along with Nick's family tragedy that we have a few out ourselves. There is also the fine point made by a fellow poster that Essendon will have quite a few players with a lot of experience and battle hardened bodies out to prove a few people wrong.
I think this may be a good opportunity for the team to regain a bit of a winning feeling around the place, as we haven't had that for quite some time. The Brisbane game last week went as expected I think, so let's hope that the younger guys get a lot of game time today and build some confidence. I am looking for a good showing from Hickey and hope that Goddard (Hugh) gets a hit out.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:To be honest I don't know if we will win or not. It sounds like with this latest setback to Markworth and Billings nursing a hamstring along with Nick's family tragedy that we have a few out ourselves. There is also the fine point made by a fellow poster that Essendon will have quite a few players with a lot of experience and battle hardened bodies out to prove a few people wrong.
I think this may be a good opportunity for the team to regain a bit of a winning feeling around the place, as we haven't had that for quite some time. The Brisbane game last week went as expected I think, so let's hope that the younger guys get a lot of game time today and build some confidence. I am looking for a good showing from Hickey and hope that Goddard (Hugh) gets a hit out.

I think we need a bit of perspective. Essendon will have 13 guys playing that were working in full time jobs until about 3 weeks ago. If we cant beat them with over half the squad doing that then its time we send our players back to full time jobs. We should and will win easily but the main things we need to get out of the game is no injuries, confidence and playing the style we need to play throughout the year.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:To be honest I don't know if we will win or not. It sounds like with this latest setback to Markworth and Billings nursing a hamstring along with Nick's family tragedy that we have a few out ourselves. There is also the fine point made by a fellow poster that Essendon will have quite a few players with a lot of experience and battle hardened bodies out to prove a few people wrong.

I think we need a bit of perspective. Essendon will have 13 guys playing that were working in full time jobs until about 3 weeks ago. If we cant beat them with over half the squad doing that then its time we send our players back to full time jobs. We should and will win easily but the main things we need to get out of the game is no injuries, confidence and playing the style we need to play throughout the year.
the motivation will be higher for them . We as you say have our probables playing to avoid injury while trying to get a bit of match fitness. Essendon have guys who have just seen the dream end and want another crack. They also have a few who are playing for their careers. I think they could be better than you imagine. Marigliani and guys like that were guns in the VFL and would be thinking getting a go against the guys he played with at Sandy might reignite his football career. I don't think it will be a walk up start.

anthony_13
Club Player

why isn't BJ, Gwilt playing?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

the motivation will be higher for them . We as you say have our probables playing to avoid injury while trying to get a bit of match fitness. Essendon have guys who have just seen the dream end and want another crack. They also have a few who are playing for their careers. I think they could be better than you imagine. Marigliani and guys like that were guns in the VFL and would be thinking getting a go against the guys he played with at Sandy might reignite his football career. I don't think it will be a walk up start.
The motivation should clearly be higher for us. They have 13 guys that may never play AFL footy again. We have 24 guys who will hopefully play senior footy this year. I heard Magner on the radio the other day and he sounded like it was just a way of earning a few more dollars. Certainly wasn't that excited by the idea of playing. People are looking for excuses. I am certainly not. The other huge factor at this time of year is we have already played a game. I think we saw the benefit of that when Brisbane played Sydney last night.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Played some Combat Arms before - most of the zombies looked like McVeigh but were smarter - so should be right to watch this arve. For awhile anyway.

Bass sesh coming up then more gaming

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Jacks Back wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
saint-stu wrote:I'm not sure how anyone can come to the conclusion that we must win this game.
Who cares if we win. Would be nice to see some more glimpses and improvement from the youngsters though.

Will the game be streamed again or only foxtel?
It will be on the AFL app. You can get a four week trial.
Does anyone know if it'll be on radio?
It's on SEN.

Talking about SEN, KB was on today and reckon we are in trouble if we don't win by at least 10 goals.
Even if we win by 20 goals we are still in trouble this year.

Dont know what Bartlett is n about sometimes

You are garbage - Enough said
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think we will win by about 15 goals.
Bombers are thumbing their nose at the AFL putting this rabble on the field.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Final team
St Kilda
Out: Tom Lee, Sam Fisher, Tom Curren
Substitutes: Tom Hickey, Jack Sinclair

1. Tom Hickey, 3. Jack Steven, 4. Eli Templeton, 6. Seb Ross, 7. Luke Dunstan, 8. Blake Acres, 11. Leigh Montagna, 14. Jarryn Geary, 16. Jack Newnes,18. Billy Longer, 20. David Armitage, 21. Luke Delaney, 24. Sean Dempster, 27. Josh Bruce, 28. Tim Membrey, 32. Paddy McCartin, 33. Hugh Goddard, 34. Nathan Wright, 35. Josh Saunders, 37. Jack Lonie, 38. Ahmed Saad, 39. Cameron Shenton, 40. Jack Sinclair, 41. Darren Minchington, 44. Maverick Weller, 45. Jason Holmes.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Down the coast on a farm - just hooked in to foxtel go on my iPad! You ripper

#1 Ryder fan
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Volume went mute as a Tird appeared onscreen

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Volume went mute as a Tird appeared onscreen

You do realise volume isn't a picture?

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Holmes on the run

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Take me Holmes Country road!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Credit where its due.
Their bunch of misfits are playing well.
Bit of a worry for us.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Jason Ashby looks a heck of a lot like Peter Slippers rent boy James Ashby.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Giles always scores against us. Always.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Well done paddy. He's a player.

Have my doubts on Saunders

#1 Ryder fan
saint-stu
Club Player

Paddy just looks a natural doesnt he. I was worried when we picked him over Petracca, but am so happy with what I've seen so far!

1ac46a38
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Armos kicking to our fwds is disgraceful.
Lonie already showing him up on that aspect of the game.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Our kicking is atrocious.
This connor mckenna kid is very quick.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

USA 1 Ireland 0

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Our kicking is atrocious.

We have some very poorly skilled players. Geary, Saunders, Acres, Wright and probably a few more.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Our kicking is atrocious.

We have some very poorly skilled players. Geary, Saunders, Acres, Wright and probably a few more.
Yep, agree.