Why did we pass brayshaw?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why did we pass brayshaw?

saintsRrising wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Yes should have chosen Brawshaw over McCartin, should have taken Bont over Billing, also should have taken every other player playing good football over players we chose.

So as a response, what other clubs should have taken Lonie, Dunstan, Sinclair, Bruce etc over.

So for the record. We took McCartin so in 4 years we dont have to pay 800-900 thousand a year like the Bulldogs did for Boyd
Agreed. What matters not is any one pick.

What matter is what you do with the balance of your picks and trades, and in the last two periods by that measure the Saints have absolutely nailed it!!!

If we could draft/trade like the last two years every year would would have an amazing team.

2013 and 2014 DRAFTS AND TRADE ACQUISITIONS

Xxxxx Delaney Xxxxx
Savage Goddard McKenzie
Xxxxx Acres Dunstan
Lonie Bruce Billings
Membrey McCartin Sinclair

Longer
Weller
Templeton

...there are actually more but that is the best of them.
Great point.....what matters not is any 1 pick...so we shoulda finished 9th the year we drafter Riewoldt at 1 and just 'asked nicely' and im sure other clubs would've obliged cause any 1 pick wont matter...
Fairyland....nice where there where u live?

“Yeah….nah””
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Great point.....what matters not is any 1 pick...so we shoulda finished 9th the year we drafter Riewoldt at 1 and just 'asked nicely' and im sure other clubs would've obliged cause any 1 pick wont matter...
What matters not is any one pick AND any 1 pick wont matter...

You have an amazingly poor grasp of the English language if you cannot really understand the difference betwenn what I wrote, and what you have written

But then again I know you are only doing it to troll as no one can post as many stupid things as you do if they were not. You love to deliberately mis-state things.

Teflon wrote:..nice where there where u live?
Yes indeedy. As I go to football each week and enjoy watching the Saints. Much better "place" to be in than the sad-sacks who will supposedly only ever gain joy seeing the Saints win a flag. What a horrible way to exist. Probably is why they need to troll.

I love to travel, and I have long learnt that like most things in life that you need to enjoy the journey, and not just the destination.

I can and do enjoy seeing the Saints strive to be better.

The Saints may never win another flag, and while I would love to experience the Saints winning a flag, it is not my only focus. I will enjoy the ride with all it's high and lows. That is the joy of actually beeing a football fan and follower.

To only focus on a winning flag would be such a hollow existence. You are welcome to it. So yes "it is nice where I live".

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

What matters not is any one pick AND any 1 pick wont matter...

You have an amazingly poor grasp of the English language if you cannot really understand the difference betwenn what I wrote, and what you have written

But then again I know you are only doing it to troll as no one can post as many stupid things as you do if they were not. You love to deliberately mis-state things.

Teflon wrote:..nice where there where u live?
Yes indeedy. As I go to football each week and enjoy watching the Saints. Much better "place" to be in than the sad-sacks who will supposedly only ever gain joy seeing the Saints win a flag. What a horrible way to exist. Probably is why they need to troll.

I love to travel, and I have long learnt that like most things in life that you need to enjoy the journey, and not just the destination.

I can and do enjoy seeing the Saints strive to be better.

The Saints may never win another flag, and while I would love to experience the Saints winning a flag, it is not my only focus. I will enjoy the ride with all it's high and lows. That is the joy of actually beeing a football fan and follower.

To only focus on a winning flag would be such a hollow existence. You are welcome to it. So yes "it is nice where I live".
So which SS'r drives this?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Talking of Paddy, Mick Malthouse still hates us, last night on the pregame he was potting us again and said once Riewoldt goes we are stuffed because he doesn't think McCartin is up to being a number one key forward. He talked up Melbourne and the Dogs but said we are going to stay s***. It was on the back of a neutral supporter saying we looked the goods to eventually get better than some middle table teams.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Talking of Paddy, Mick Malthouse still hates us, last night on the pregame he was potting us again and said once Riewoldt goes we are stuffed because he doesn't think McCartin is up to being a number one key forward. He talked up Melbourne and the Dogs but said we are going to stay s***. It was on the back of a neutral supporter saying we looked the goods to eventually get better than some middle table teams.

I heard that as well. Im not sure I thought he said it as you are saying it now. Its funny how 2 people can hear the same thing and put 2 different stories to it.

#gosaintas
Club Player

gringo wrote:Talking of Paddy, Mick Malthouse still hates us, last night on the pregame he was potting us again and said once Riewoldt goes we are stuffed because he doesn't think McCartin is up to being a number one key forward. He talked up Melbourne and the Dogs but said we are going to stay s***. It was on the back of a neutral supporter saying we looked the goods to eventually get better than some middle table teams.
It's such a stupid thing to say. Geelong's key fwd was Mooney and they won a flag. Then they won another one with Hawkins who is good but certainly not one of the greats. Coll won with Dawes and Cloke. We haven't even seen Paddy yet so writing him off is a bit premature. Maybe, hopefully, a fwd line of Paddy, Bruce, Members, Billings and Lonie with a swingman in Goddard will be enough. To me, as one eyed as I am, that looks to be an exciting mix of players with plenty of genuine talent.
Malthouse just gives me the s***s.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Malthouse thought liam Jones was going to lead them to a flag.

Malthouse wanted Boekhurst @ #18 when he could have got the bust with their last pick.

Thanks for Goddard Mick.

Anyway, no crap McCartin wont be Riewoldt. Wow what a revelation :roll:

You are garbage - Enough said
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Malthouse thought liam Jones was going to lead them to a flag.

Malthouse wanted Boekhurst @ #18 when he could have got the bust with their last pick.

Thanks for Goddard Mick.

Anyway, no crap McCartin wont be Riewoldt. Wow what a revelation :roll:
Bold prediction from the liar isn't it. What an old potato.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Favier wrote:
stjay wrote:The Boyd mega deal IMO had a load to do with the ultimate choice. The cost of a quality Full Forward has become ridiculous.
That's it in a nutshell pretty much.
yea ... agreed with it when i first read it 'n still agree with it.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.