Mitch Brown?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mitch Brown?

plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:Wouldn't mind Brown as a rookie pick if the draft is as shallow as everyone is saying. It probably isn't the ideal time to be looking at KP depth, although with Fisher, Dempster and Roo all week-to-week prospects it could be handy to have someone like Brown on the list so we're not forced to play Paddy/Goddard when they aren't ready or at least to take some heat off them. Essentially he'd be replacing Simpkin - Brown is more versatile and has a higher ceiling but Simpkin is more durable.

Arent Lee and Delaney already enough depth?

You just wanted them delisted a second ago...they aren't up to it apparently. On his injuries his body was always holding him back. I don't know if he's right now but I know someone who is mates with his dad and he said the training at AFL level stopped him being able to play regular footy. Saying he wasn't injured is just you guessing.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:Wouldn't mind Brown as a rookie pick if the draft is as shallow as everyone is saying. It probably isn't the ideal time to be looking at KP depth, although with Fisher, Dempster and Roo all week-to-week prospects it could be handy to have someone like Brown on the list so we're not forced to play Paddy/Goddard when they aren't ready or at least to take some heat off them. Essentially he'd be replacing Simpkin - Brown is more versatile and has a higher ceiling but Simpkin is more durable.

Arent Lee and Delaney already enough depth?

You just wanted them delisted a second ago...they aren't up to it apparently. On his injuries his body was always holding him back. I don't know if he's right now but I know someone who is mates with his dad and he said the training at AFL level stopped him being able to play regular footy. Saying he wasn't injured is just you guessing.

Sorry gringo but you have a real habit of lying to prove a point. You say a comment and I call you out and you disappear. When did I want either of these 2 delisted even a week a go let alone a second a go? I accept you struggle to have a serious discussion and have to make things up but this plainly lies.

As for you statement on injuries it was proven by Bergholt he hardly missed a game in his last 3 years. I wont call what you said about injuries holding him back, a lie, I will just say you lack knowledge of what he did at geelong.

I will call you out agin on your last comment saying he wasn't injured a lie again though. Can you produce that post? When you did debating at school surely the teachers said lying never helps your cause? And I know his Dad. Big friggin deal.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I've only read the last page here and don't really u/s the context but plugs you've wanted Lee delisted since about halfway through his first season with us

Very vocal critic

Not saying ur wrong but maybe thats what he means?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:I've only read the last page here and don't really u/s the context but plugs you've wanted Lee delisted since about halfway through his first season with us

Very vocal critic

That is another lie. Look it up and show the post. Without being rude you are a liar.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
skeptic wrote:I've only read the last page here and don't really u/s the context but plugs you've wanted Lee delisted since about halfway through his first season with us

Very vocal critic

That is another lie. Look it up and show the post. Without being rude you are a liar.
Hate to see you mean to be rude. Oh hang on, you are almost always rude.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Very vocal critic

Stinger your family must really hate you. The fact that an old man hasn't got the courage to keep his previous nic really makes me feel sorry for your family. I pity them.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Very vocal critic

Tom Lee's first season with us was in 2013 after we traded for him the year before.

Your quote in June that year, approx 4 months into his career...
plugger66 wrote:I'll be the person to call it and not that a lot of courage to say it but a dud pick again. Con says his body isnt ready.Is the club that pathetic they didnt know that. As WW points out he wasnt picked to be good in 5 years. He was an AFL player 4 years ago.
Located in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=81191

Admittedly you didn't say he should be delisted, you said he was a dud pick. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to put two and two together there,

Now plugger, I'll overlook the fact that you called me a liar as you didn't mean it rudely but at least own/stand by your opinion of the time, or demonstrate some self-awareness of yourself/what you may have said or thought

I have said to you before that IMHO you are very quick to write players young players coming through the system. Over time I've learned not to be critical of you for this as it just comes down to us having different philosophies on list management/development, which is not a bad thing. Pbly means we couldn't ever share a list management position but when was that ever going to happen anyway.

I am often accused on this forum of being very harsh or critical of particular players/coaches/games. At a glance, I would site:
- Persevering with Adam Schneider and Clint Jones before him
- Not trading Sam Gilbert and Farren Ray earlier
- The 2009 GF coaching and team selection
- Ross Lyon's selection policy 2010 onwards
As examples of topics to which my view is considered somewhat... lets' say contentious. Bunk in particular is passionate about topic 3, and Dragit (and most others) on topic one

I make my judgement based on the evidence available to me, and generally speaking I don't get easily swayed, or flipflop until evidence stacks up.

And when I'm wrong, which is often the case, ala wanting to get rid of Farren at the end on 2013... well I own that.

You should own your opinions too.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Very vocal critic

Tom Lee's first season with us was in 2013 after we traded for him the year before.

Your quote in June that year, approx 4 months into his career...
plugger66 wrote:I'll be the person to call it and not that a lot of courage to say it but a dud pick again. Con says his body isnt ready.Is the club that pathetic they didnt know that. As WW points out he wasnt picked to be good in 5 years. He was an AFL player 4 years ago.
Located in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=81191

Admittedly you didn't say he should be delisted, you said he was a dud pick. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to put two and two together there,

Now plugger, I'll overlook the fact that you called me a liar as you didn't mean it rudely but at least own/stand by your opinion of the time, or demonstrate some self-awareness of yourself/what you may have said or thought

I have said to you before that IMHO you are very quick to write players young players coming through the system. Over time I've learned not to be critical of you for this as it just comes down to us having different philosophies on list management/development, which is not a bad thing. Pbly means we couldn't ever share a list management position but when was that ever going to happen anyway.

I am often accused on this forum of being very harsh or critical of particular players/coaches/games. At a glance, I would site:
- Persevering with Adam Schneider and Clint Jones before him
- Not trading Sam Gilbert and Farren Ray earlier
- The 2009 GF coaching and team selection
- Ross Lyon's selection policy 2010 onwards
As examples of topics to which my view is considered somewhat... lets' say contentious. Bunk in particular is passionate about topic 3, and Dragit (and most others) on topic one

I make my judgement based on the evidence available to me, and generally speaking I don't get easily swayed, or flipflop until evidence stacks up.

And when I'm wrong, which is often the case, ala wanting to get rid of Farren at the end on 2013... well I own that.

You should own your opinions too.
Well it is lie because you said I wanted him delisted. He can be a dud pick 3 years ago and a star now. That was a silly comment by me so early in his career but it still never says he should be delisted now or back then. And if it did say delisted back then it still doesn't mean I want him delisted now. And I disagree with you about writing off players quickly. Yep there will be examples like this but I cant think of to many. Gamble was another after just one game. Another stupid call as are all who say things after a few games but I don't say it often at all. What I have said to you many times is just because a player doesn't get a lot of chances in the firsts and is delisted doesn't make that player unlucky. Clubs don't need to see players in the seniors to make a call on them. They see them in the seconds and at training about 5 days a week. Yep they will get the occasional one wrong but about 95% right.

And you are joking when you say I should own my opinions. The most criticism I get on here is by others getting sick of me trying to sway other opinions to my opinion.

Anyway none of this has anything to do with us drafting brown. A guy who for the last 3 years played bugger all in the seniors even though he was fit enough to play many games in the Geelong reserves.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Easy one for me, I'd delist Lee and pick up Brown in a heart beat!!!

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

It's possible that a 24 yo can improve, it's often said that big blokes improve with age.

The VFL is probably the best competition outside of the AFL, and Mitch Brown may be the best in that comp.

Mostly I agree with Plugger, better off with an unproven 18 yo than another hack 2nds player.

Typically racehorses show their class at 2yo or 3yo, but every now and then an older horse can find amazing form. Perhaps some horses and some people are late developers.

Don't look at the birth certificate, make a judgement on the players ability.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Well I can vouch for one of our club men who is mates with Browns dad and he said he was struggling with injury all through his time at Geelong and has said he thinks he's better of at VFL level playing because the training load isn't too much for his body. That was a direct quote from early in the year. He might have reconsidered based on current form. But if you know more than his old man Plugger that's cool. You bagged Delaney recently and Lee constantly. I can't be bothered trawling through posts to make you seem foolish as you do a fine job yourself. Browns old man works in the SMJFL I think he said might be the coaches boss or something.

You can play football with injuries some more successfully than others. Lee was playing footy for instance and was bagged for not being any good at VFL level, now he isn't playing seniors he's a dud for other unspecified reasons. Funny enough he has good form after finally getting through a long battle with his shoulders dislocating. Roberton had no movement in his ankle last year and couldn't play to a standard required to play seniors, they fixed his ailment and he would be top 10 in the BF like he was pre injury. It's a f%$#en miracle.

stjay
Club Player

gringo wrote:Well I can vouch for one of our club men who is mates with Browns dad and he said he was struggling with injury all through his time at Geelong and has said he thinks he's better of at VFL level playing because the training load isn't too much for his body. That was a direct quote from early in the year. He might have reconsidered based on current form. But if you know more than his old man Plugger that's cool. You bagged Delaney recently and Lee constantly. I can't be bothered trawling through posts to make you seem foolish as you do a fine job yourself. Browns old man works in the SMJFL I think he said might be the coaches boss or something.

You can play football with injuries some more successfully than others. Lee was playing footy for instance and was bagged for not being any good at VFL level, now he isn't playing seniors he's a dud for other unspecified reasons. Funny enough he has good form after finally getting through a long battle with his shoulders dislocating. Roberton had no movement in his ankle last year and couldn't play to a standard required to play seniors, they fixed his ailment and he would be top 10 in the BF like he was pre injury. It's a f%$#en miracle.
All great points and examples Gringo.
I guess my only question on him now, based on your comments, is: how would he go if he had to train at an AFL level?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Well I can vouch for one of our club men who is mates with Browns dad and he said he was struggling with injury all through his time at Geelong and has said he thinks he's better of at VFL level playing because the training load isn't too much for his body. That was a direct quote from early in the year. He might have reconsidered based on current form. But if you know more than his old man Plugger that's cool. You bagged Delaney recently and Lee constantly. I can't be bothered trawling through posts to make you seem foolish as you do a fine job yourself. Browns old man works in the SMJFL I think he said might be the coaches boss or something.

Gringo you need to stop telling untruths to win a point. You said I wanted Lee delisted but now you come up with this rubbish. I know a mate of a mate who mum knows Browns brother and he said nothing about his body. What I did do is look at his stats in the last 3 years at Geelong. He hardly missed a game. I used facts and not a story 9 times down the line.

And yes you are right about Brown job as I said I see and speak to him when he sings at bar 114. Don't talk about his son though.

The facts are clear. he hardly missed a game in his last 3 years at Geelong. He hardly played a senior game in his last 3 years at Geelong. You are batting at about 1% on recruits but you did get Lee right.

Now Gringo produce some proof of what you accused me of or just admit you lied which is quite sad to win a discussion against unknown people on the internet.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Gringo you need to stop telling untruths to win a point. You said I wanted Lee delisted but now you come up with this rubbish. I know a mate of a mate who mum knows Browns brother and he said nothing about his body. What I did do is look at his stats in the last 3 years at Geelong. He hardly missed a game. I used facts and not a story 9 times down the line.

And yes you are right about Brown job as I said I see and speak to him when he sings at bar 114. Don't talk about his son though.

The facts are clear. he hardly missed a game in his last 3 years at Geelong. He hardly played a senior game in his last 3 years at Geelong. You are batting at about 1% on recruits but you did get Lee right.

Now Gringo produce some proof of what you accused me of or just admit you lied which is quite sad to win a discussion against unknown people on the internet.
I exaggerated the delisting, you just bagged him. I was adding some comedic effect. I don't need to lie to win against you you silly old bugger you have a way of making yourself seem less credible just by your posting style. The day I feel the need to win an argument with you will actually be a sad day. He was injured according to a source more credible than you and I am very happy to take that over your pissy little rant with no basis other than your own opinion.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
I exaggerated the delisting, you just bagged him. I was adding some comedic effect. I don't need to lie to win against you you silly old bugger you have a way of making yourself seem less credible just by your posting style. The day I feel the need to win an argument with you will actually be a sad day. He was injured according to a source more credible than you and I am very happy to take that over your pissy little rant with no basis other than your own opinion.

Good out Gringo but it isn't even funny to you. Actually its a pathetic out. And of course he was injured. he just played injured. Pissy little rant? I used facts. You used third hand knowledge. And personal again. I like it. Shows that you discussion is really weak.

So after all this crap I gather you think he should be picked up by us? I don't and I hope we don't. Good luck if another side picks him up but we already have sandy type players in our squad at the moment. And that isn't bagging Lee and Delaney Gringo because it is fact. They are in the Sandy side and they are also 5 and 6 year AFL players unlike younger guys at sandy who are waiting for their chance.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Good out Gringo but it isn't even funny to you. Actually its a pathetic out. And of course he was injured. he just played injured. Pissy little rant? I used facts. You used third hand knowledge. And personal again. I like it. Shows that you discussion is really weak.

So after all this crap I gather you think he should be picked up by us? I don't and I hope we don't. Good luck if another side picks him up but we already have sandy type players in our squad at the moment. And that isn't bagging Lee and Delaney Gringo because it is fact. They are in the Sandy side and they are also 5 and 6 year AFL players unlike younger guys at sandy who are waiting for their chance.
I never said I want him, I just think it's weak of you to write him off because you have an opinion that is not fact based. You have no knowledge of anything and use the selection process to say they are no good. You claiming anything you say as fact when most of what you write is strong opinion formed with no thought just little self important bursts of nonsense, is a bit rich.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
I never said I want him, I just think it's weak of you to write him off because you have an opinion that is not fact based. You have no knowledge of anything and use the selection process to say they are no good. You claiming anything you say as fact when most of what you write is strong opinion formed with no thought just little self important bursts of nonsense, is a bit rich.

Weak to right him off? I didn't write him off at all. I said we shouldn't sign him up because we already have players like that. And my opinion on how many games he played is fact based unlike a third hand opinion you received. Third hand. Fact. And it is fact that he played a lot of games in his last 3 years. Seriously Gringo. Nothing to do with self importance. If anything your third hand experience of hearing of an injury and claiming that is taking self importance to far. Have the final say if you want. What a waste when you don't even want him and people say I argue for the sake of it.

stjay
Club Player

If the info is coming from his father doesn't that make it second hand not third?
The info is not exactly coming from his local butcher either.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:If the info is coming from his father doesn't that make it second hand not third?
The info is not exactly coming from his local butcher either.

Yes it is second if it is then directly told to you but it wasn't. Im sure that then makes it third hand.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I can't recall any mid 20s ex-afl players who have been redrafted from state leagues and managed to hold down a regular spot in their new team. I'm sure Brown will get a few games as a fill in somewhere , but not worth giving up a pick in the main draft.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Podsiadly?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Isn't Fev floating around somewhere?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Weak to right him off? I didn't write him off at all. I said we shouldn't sign him up because we already have players like that. And my opinion on how many games he played is fact based unlike a third hand opinion you received. Third hand. Fact. And it is fact that he played a lot of games in his last 3 years. Seriously Gringo. Nothing to do with self importance. If anything your third hand experience of hearing of an injury and claiming that is taking self importance to far. Have the final say if you want. What a waste when you don't even want him and people say I argue for the sake of it.

Geelong football club claimed he was injured too. Neil Balme said on SEN he couldn't get his body right along with Menzel and Vardy too. So what ever. You have opinions you state as fact because its what you believe. You have no ability to analytically think. You use scant evidence like Delaney and Lee aren't standard because they aren't playing in the senior team then say Hickey is a better ruck man than Longer. You can not accept any other opinion other than your own and shout down anyone who challenges your point of view.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Very vocal critic

Stinger your family must really hate you. The fact that an old man hasn't got the courage to keep his previous nic really makes me feel sorry for your family. I pity them.
I agree fancy changing nics on anonomous internet site talking about football. Wow no courage at all. :D :D :D

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Very vocal critic

I agree fancy changing nics on anonomous internet site talking about football. Wow no courage at all. :D :D :D

You told us. The silly rules allow more than one and as long as only one of the two or three or four names is causing trouble that is ok but if you gang up you are banned. Surely if a mod knows a person has 2 nics then we all should know. It isn't that hard and its an easy solution to all these people who feel the need to lie as to who they are.