Changes next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Changes next week

Animal Enclosure wrote:I don't know why anyone would consider Sinclair in the mix to be dropped...he had an instant impact when he came on & can actually hit a target.

Eli deserves a decent run at senior level now. He has been great at Sandy for the past month or so in a pure midfield role. He needs a few weeks to adapt to the pace & different role that he's playing. He got into some dangerous spots but unfortunately missed his two chances in front of goal.

Faz was ok
I know the Anti-Longer League is strong here, but I must have been watching the wrong game if people think that Maric dominated. Bringing Hickey in as we need another tall option??? Even if Roo doesn't come up the Bruce/McCartin/Membrey set up is tall enough.

Murdoch needs few more strong performances at Sandy as does Markworth. Hopefully both will get a solid month of senior action before the end of the season. Saunders is very stiff...has been very consistent at Sandy but there's just not a spot for him at present.

Personally I'd stick with the 22 from Sunday unless Roo is out & Stickers Membrey comes in.

Agreed with above. No change unless injuries.

How people want a player dropped after one game is just ridiculous. I agree with AE, have seen Eli in the reserves and deserved his chance in the seniors. He was pretty well beaten in the game against Richmond but he wasn't alone in our mids until the last qtr.

McCartin showed some premise and also agree on Murdoch and Markworth. Would love for them to show enough to stay on the list. Markworth is very quyick and would be like a new outside mid recruit if he can stay fit. Murdoch is getting there but needs some more big games to be elevated.

Still think both may get chances as we draw to the end of the season.

You are garbage - Enough said
Saint wagga
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:I don't know why anyone would consider Sinclair in the mix to be dropped...he had an instant impact when he came on & can actually hit a target.

Eli deserves a decent run at senior level now. He has been great at Sandy for the past month or so in a pure midfield role. He needs a few weeks to adapt to the pace & different role that he's playing. He got into some dangerous spots but unfortunately missed his two chances in front of goal.

Faz was ok
I know the Anti-Longer League is strong here, but I must have been watching the wrong game if people think that Maric dominated. Bringing Hickey in as we need another tall option??? Even if Roo doesn't come up the Bruce/McCartin/Membrey set up is tall enough.

Murdoch needs few more strong performances at Sandy as does Markworth. Hopefully both will get a solid month of senior action before the end of the season. Saunders is very stiff...has been very consistent at Sandy but there's just not a spot for him at present.

Personally I'd stick with the 22 from Sunday unless Roo is out & Stickers Membrey comes in.

How people want a player dropped after one game is just ridiculous. I agree with AE, have seen Eli in the reserves and deserved his chance in the seniors. He was pretty well beaten in the game against Richmond but he wasn't alone in our mids until the last qtr.

McCartin showed some premise and also agree on Murdoch and Markworth. Would love for them to show enough to stay on the list. Markworth is very quyick and would be like a new outside mid recruit if he can stay fit. Murdoch is getting there but needs some more big games to be elevated.

Spare a thought for Seb Ross then, because he came off a 25 posi game, played a poor 3qtrs against the Giants, gets subbed off and then dropped! Harsh!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

Faz was ok

I think you can get dropped after one game. Not sure anyone will but I don't think you need a few in a row to see if you are good or you maybe dropped because a better player is now available. There are more one game careers than any other amount of games bar none of course.