Mad monday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mad monday

I think that Sam Fisher is right on the money here, Loris. The idea of Players, Coaches and support staff having a get together is excellent, and could be the way that many other clubs will go in the future.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
noddy04
Club Player

loris wrote:
noddy04 wrote:I thought i heard/read somewhere that our players/ club werent doing a mad monday as there are still finals going on for sandi and a fair few of our listed players are in training still. Not sure where i read or heard it though. I also think i heard the Wednesday thing that SainterK wrote about :D
Nods it was in the article or video recently that was either on afl.com.au. Or, on saints.com.au with Sam Fisher.

There were a couple of interviews about him, think it was the one where he was talking about how fitness staff will have to work out different programs for mid fielders with the reduced amount rotations they will be having. He said their pre season programmes would be more strenuous .Said it wouldn't impact much on him as he only gets rotated once or twice a match.
He was asked then about mad Monday and said there wouldn't be one,, they were a thing of the past. Players, coaches and support staff would be going out together for a get together and I think it was stated it was Wednesday. He said some players might be going away in small groups during end of season for holidays.

Or it might have been in the interview Sam did with his fiancé with the Tissot watches they were promoting. Saintbrat put a link to it a week ago I think.

You are spot on Loris...thanks for that :)

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Yes, thanks Loris :D

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:I walked into a cafe near work on Monday and Joey was having lunch with his wife / girlfriend. I thought "so this is Mad Monday"
Moderate Monday.
I don't know...but I think if I had lunch wife my wife and girlfriend it would be pretty "mad" :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I think that Sam Fisher is right on the money here, Loris. The idea of Players, Coaches and support staff having a get together is excellent, and could be the way that many other clubs will go in the future.

Makes sense but not when they should be celebrating the year with just the players. They could do that later in the week. The fact they did it Monday is way over the top.

resaintlee
Club Player

noddy04 wrote:I thought i heard/read somewhere that our players/ club werent doing a mad monday as there are still finals going on for sandi and a fair few of our listed players are in training still. Not sure where i read or heard it though. I also think i heard the Wednesday thing that SainterK wrote about :D
I would expect there will also be some senior players eligible to play for Sandy. Not a good feel for all the young'ns if the regular senior players party on without them. A difficult one but for team spirit it would be best to wait

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

With regards to why St. Kilda FC no longer do the Mad Monday thing, there is an interesting read here:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/the-day- ... 68464.html

Watters is quoted here as saying that Plugger loved the prank. But that is not what it says here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_AFL_ ... ite_note-3

Thoughts?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:With regards to why St. Kilda FC no longer do the Mad Monday thing, there is an interesting read here:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/the-day- ... 68464.html

Watters is quoted here as saying that Plugger loved the prank. But that is not what it says here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_AFL_ ... ite_note-3

Thoughts?
I was told that the pig was smuggled into the ground in the bag of Simon Minton-Connell and that Saints supporters were involved (not Swans supporters)

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

It was at the St. Kilda Cheer Squad End - where "The Hill" used to be.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.